FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes
yeah I’m in Qatar so Turkey is like getting hours flight. I been to Istanbul like 3 times already. Crowded place but it’s cool.

think I’ll fly out there an get a direct consultation over a weekend and hear them out once things get back to normal

my girl got veneers from Turkey so she vouches for their medical stuff. She did say she’d rather book her own hotel as the they book might not be the best. To each his own.

appreciate the info again. I’ll start researching this clinic

edit, I assume you did a virtual consultation?

i heard one breh who I follow say the hotel was very nice and 4-stars.

I literally went to their website and contacted them and that very next morning they asked for 3 pics of my head from the side, back and top... once they look at your pics and see if u have enough donor hair to have the procedure done, they send u a bunch of information. Everything was done thru whatsapp, there was only the pics I sent, I didn’t get on a video call with them.

this is when the US started shutting down everything, so I told the person I was messaging back and forth thru whatsapp that i’m interested, will keep in touch and will contact him when it’s safer to travel. They responded with sounds great, they look forward to hearing from me and to stay safe.

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Do you have to take finasteride/minoxidil after a FUE hair transplant to keep what you got?
Nope, one time thing. No follow ups/post medication (unless there’s a issue)

i might hit up that Asli Turcan, last time I tried a TurkishJoint I was told my donor area was lacking but fukk it, with corona gonna really let this shyt grow out as flabby as that might make me look

YaThreadFloppedB!

The Patron Saint of Threads
Daps
Reppin
The Bushes

These guys are bringing back people at friar tuck status, what the fukk

How is lebron still struggling with this?! Am I missing something? There's even a few examples where these guys were using the beard as a donor site!!

I think Bron has a weave or some kind of hair kit. He also may have done FUT in the past because I believe he has a scar on the back of his head. but FUT isn’t as effective

Bron has a small window in which he can probably get this done. if his season is over in May or June, he has the 5 month window where his shyt should be growing back in. however I think the rigor of the nba season may not produce the best results as regular guys aren’t sweating every night for 7 months.

AngryBaby

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Same as when women get surgery to restore their body to the way it looked before having kids?

It's plastic surgery period. You are having surgery for purely esthetic purposes. You could easily not get the surgery and accept the way you look. And a man with a full head of hair looks better than one who is balding. That is why you'd do it in the first place.

yeah but you can workout to get your body to a certain point, you can even develop your ass through working out and it would look better than surgery, if this were an option for hairloss, I'm sure many men would actualy rather work for it. but that's impossible.

they are just trying to retain something they already had. it's just hair, not a bone, or a muscle. how about let your hair go unstyled for the rest of your life and don't manipulate it at all to make your structure look better, if we're going to be pedantic.

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Been thinking about doing FUE, went to a couple consultations but basically doctors told me that they cant do miracles

:stopitslime:

Ive seen miracles done in Turkey tho. My question is what about the hair that is taken from the transplanted area? Does that stop growing thus hair density in that area is less?

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
My question is what about the hair that is taken from the transplanted area? Does that stop growing thus hair density in that area is less?

hair taken from donor area will not grow there again so they typically take from back and sides

Guess I’ll be getting tapers for sure after I go

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I had the surgery done a month ago at the clinic @ApolloStark posted . All in all went great, I won’t be posting any pics (privacy) but happy to answer any questions.

Brief summary of my experience

1) Price was €1,500 fixed regardless of how many grafts you have done (if you pay cash, 10% more for card payments). This also includes airport transfers both ways and hotel. Hotel was decent (3.5 stars ish) and very close to the clinic. Driver was waiting as soon I landed, can’t fault the service

2) Speaking of service, 10/10. As mentioned you have a driver pick you up not only from the airport but also everyday from your hotel. Everyone is also paired with a consultant who you’ll liaise with before you get there, while you’re there and after. They have a dozens of these consultants all multilingual so whether you speak French, Spanish , Arabic, German etc You’ll always be well looked after

3) surgery took 9 hours, this includes many toilet breaks (you’re hooked up to a IV throughout which makes you piss a lot) and lunch(provided by the clinic). I had 5000 grafts which is a lot. Length of operation could be a lot less for others, expect between 4-10hours depending on severity of treatment

4) Clinic was 1st class, large, modern professional. I felt at ease immediately, this definitely wasn’t a 2 bit operation

5) schedule was as follows
Day 1 Arrive & go to hotel
Day 2 Treatment
Day 3 Rest day
Day 4 Cleaning, minor after care , fly home

6) the quarantine is the perfect time to get this done. Clinic was operating at 20% capacity so you get all the care and all three attention from the doctors. Also, you won’t want to be out with a cut or head and potentially swollen head (the anaesthetic drips down your face post treatment, you might look a bit funky from days 2-5)

7). As for overall effectiveness, it takes 4-6 months to see full results (80% effectiveness) and a year for (100% effectiveness). That said, despite it being only a month, I already have hairs growing from my treatment area, they’ll get thicker month by month but it’s highkey exciting to see growth already

8) Flights were a bytch to organise due the extreme lack of frequency , £350 return. Turkey’s a cheapish country, averaged £5 a day on food while out there.

Overall I’m really glad I did it, gassed for Oct/Nov as it should be fully formed then. Happy to take questions but I won’t be posting pics so please don’t ask

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
I had the surgery done a month ago at the clinic @ApolloStark posted . All in all went great, I won’t be posting any pics (privacy) but happy to answer any questions.

Brief summary of my experience

1) Price was €1,500 fixed regardless of how many grafts you have done (if you pay cash, 10% more for card payments). This also includes airport transfers both ways and hotel. Hotel was decent (3.5 stars ish) and very close to the clinic. Driver was waiting as soon I landed, can’t fault the service

2) Speaking of service, 10/10. As mentioned you have a driver pick you up not only from the airport but also everyday from your hotel. Everyone is also paired with a consultant who you’ll liaise with before you get there, while you’re there and after. They have a dozens of these consultants all multilingual so whether you speak French, Spanish , Arabic, German etc You’ll always be well looked after

3) surgery took 9 hours, this includes many toilet breaks (you’re hooked up to a IV throughout which makes you piss a lot) and lunch(provided by the clinic). I had 5000 grafts which is a lot. Length of operation could be a lot less for others, expect between 4-10hours depending on severity of treatment

4) Clinic was 1st class, large, modern professional. I felt at ease immediately, this definitely wasn’t a 2 bit operation

5) schedule was as follows
Day 1 Arrive & go to hotel
Day 2 Treatment
Day 3 Rest day
Day 4 Cleaning, minor after care , fly home

6) the quarantine is the perfect time to get this done. Clinic was operating at 20% capacity so you get all the care and all three attention from the doctors. Also, you won’t want to be out with a cut or head and potentially swollen head (the anaesthetic drips down your face post treatment, you might look a bit funky from days 2-5)

7). As for overall effectiveness, it takes 4-6 months to see full results (80% effectiveness) and a year for (100% effectiveness). That said, despite it being only a month, I already have hairs growing from my treatment area, they’ll get thicker month by month but it’s highkey exciting to see growth already

8) Flights were a bytch to organise due the extreme lack of frequency , £350 return. Turkey’s a cheapish country, averaged £5 a day on food while out there.

Overall I’m really glad I did it, gassed for Oct/Nov as it should be fully formed then. Happy to take questions but I won’t be posting pics so please don’t ask
you didn't mention this in your post, but would you feel comfortable posting 2-10 pics? if you won't then I understand, but think of how much hope it will give.