FUE Hair Transplant (official thread)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I have developed a dime sized bald spot in the back of my head. Should I be worried:lupe:

Barber told me it was alopecia and it may be due to stress, and I should be fine. He told me that a month ago and it’s still there. I’m 31 and to be real I don’t feel I really be stressing like that.
I mean, you tell us. Does baldness run on either side of your family :lupe:

deeman

All Star
Daps
I mean, you tell us. Does baldness run on either side of your family :lupe:

shyt I don’t think so my pops had a full head of hair. My older cousin got his hair line in tact. Couple of uncles were always bald don’t know if it was on purpose. Older brother still got his hairline.

I want to nip this shyt in the bud while it’s early if that’s the case.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I have done.
Done 2 or 3 weeks of dermarolling.

Just wish I didn’t stop minoxidil at end of 2020.
I got great results in like 4-6 months, and that was without fin and dermarolling.

My hairline was restored and my front of my hair was looking thicker compared to patchy.
No barber during the first lockdown really showed me I had to do something lmao.

Hoping Min/Fin/Dermarolling gonna get me right by summer.

Why did you atop minox? Side effects?

sinjack

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wonder if most people here do all three things together:
Dermarolling, Finastride, and Minoxidil
or only 1 or 2 of these things.

This article here says that the sexual side effects for fin will be very low.
Finasteride Side Effects Guide | hims

Obviously the article is biased because they sell the product, but what do you think? Most of the side effects here say less than 2% of men will experience it.

What's the truth based on what you experienced and what you heard either in- person or on other forums?
I tried Finastride for a month, but stopped. I didn't see any added improvement, but I did notice the sexual side effects. The labido was low and random erections all but disappeared. I took horny goat weed for a week after stopping and got back to normal. My hair is still improving after stopping, too.

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried Finastride for a month, but stopped. I didn't see any added improvement, but I did notice the sexual side effects. The labido was low and random erections all but disappeared. I took horny goat weed for a week after stopping and got back to normal. My hair is still improving after stopping, too.
Thanks for your reply. And what do you mean by "improving"? How?

Do you mean that you do the dermarolling and the minoxidil (and maybe even the FUE transplant), but just cut out the fin?

Cereal_Bowl_Assassin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
shyt I don’t think so my pops had a full head of hair. My older cousin got his hair line in tact. Couple of uncles were always bald don’t know if it was on purpose. Older brother still got his hairline.

I want to nip this shyt in the bud while it’s early if that’s the case.

A lot of men go bald due to their mothers side so I would take a look there as well. Especially if you physically take after her

sinjack

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for your reply. And what do you mean by "improving"? How?

Do you mean that you do the dermarolling and the minoxidil (and maybe even the FUE transplant), but just cut out the fin?
I had the Fue procedure. I tried finastride to see if it sped up the recovery procescc, but like I said, I only noticed the side effects. It kept improving after I stopped taking it.

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Why did you atop minox? Side effects?
Minoxidil solution was making my scalp itch and flake.

Got to the point where it was irritating and annoying.

Other then that I had no sides from Min.

Back on the Min solution but different brand, still flaking but not as bad as I recall.

I believe the problem is the Propylene Glycol which helps the minoxidil penetrate the scalp. Some are sensitive to this.

which is why foam or non PG versions are recommended if the liquid is causing issues.

waltthizzney

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for your reply.

You've come to terms with having to take it for the rest of your life, right? That is, unless technology/science improves.

I never had a hair transplant, just wanted to get ahead of any receding. doesnt seem like huge deal, hoping for new tech in next 5 years or so tho

Krazy

Rifle weh taller dan palm tree
Daps
Reppin
Judgement Yard
Still early days but I think dermarolling and reintroducing liquid minoxidil is working.

Took a few snaps of top of my head and compared to photos I’ve taken previously and defo looking fuller to me.

Trying not to obsess but the front especially which was thinning a lot is showing promise.

Kinda feel it’s the liquid Min that’s made a big difference, considering using foam last few months didn’t seem to do much.

Ive been looking in the selfie camera like:takedat:
Never gonna regain my original hairline but thicker and fuller hair makes a world of difference. My fades gonna be looking good this summer

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Far as what?
Anything.

They tried to sell my some $700 kits on the way out. :skip:

I'm like a month from the procedure and have just been using their foam, shampoo, and creams, but I'm running low.

My cousin went in November and he's looking straight using only biotin.