toad-hype-overload.gif

GInMW.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can't believe how stupid this is. Is this really the best they can come up with? Like this is gonna get blocked off such a silly reason. The reality is if this merger was approved and Microsoft pulled stunts like this the agencies involved could demand Microsoft divest Activision and separate the two. It's not like there isn't precedent for companies being separated.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
This is some paranoia.. but if COD is no longer available on ps5, I'll probably just go to a different online gaming experience.

Edit: As in a different game. COD isn't that important in my library

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is some paranoia.. but if COD is no longer available on ps5, I'll probably just go to a different online gaming experience.
First they said the original deal was inadequate. Microsoft made a much better counteroffer and extended that same offer to Nvidia, Valve, and Nintendo 2 of the 3 signed and one said they didn't need a contract. Sony still refuses to sign the deal and now the goal post moved to something else.

It couldn't be more clear that they weren't even negotiating in good faith. Even the EU looks at that deal and says that's a reasonable offer if Sony won't sign it that's their problem we'll sign off on it anyway.

We've reached a level where Sony is literally fabricating bullshyt to try and stop this. Given their position of absolute dominance in the market they don't really have a foot to stand on to block this. Brazil basically nailed them when they approved it with no conditions and told them to fukk off because it was their job to protect competition in the market in general and not a given competitor's interest.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Microsoft literally wants to exterminate the competition by any means necessary even if it means trying to starve out competition.

All this "gaming for all" bullshyt is PR that idiots are eating up. All of this is a long term game, that's hidden with family friend Phil talking shyt that sounds good to short sighted cats.

They are hard lined LIARS.

“What we’ll do in the long run is we don’t have intentions of just pulling all of Bethesda content out of Sony or Nintendo or otherwise,” Stuart says. “But what we want is we want that content, in the long run, to be either first or better or best or pick your differentiated experience, on our platforms. We will want Bethesda content to show up the best as — on our platforms."Microsoft Wants Bethesda Games 'First or Better or Best' on Xbox - IGN 2021

Then fast forward to recently:
"I don't know how to allay the fears and concerns of PlayStation 5 fans other than to say, well, I'm a PlayStation 5 player as well and I've played games on that console and there's games I'm gonna continue to play on it, but if you want to play Starfield, PC and Xbox, sorry. All I can really say is 'I apologize', because I'm certain that's frustrating to folks. But there's not a whole lot I can do about it."

Meanwhile, Todd Howard, another recognizable figure at Bethesda, said today that despite regrettably losing some of its audience, Starfield's Xbox exclusivity will make it "a better product" by allowing Bethesda to focus on optimizing the game for a narrower range of platforms.

"You don't ever want to leave people out, right? But at the end of the day, your ability to focus and say, this is the game I want to make, these are the platforms I want to make it on, and being able to really lean in on those is going to make for a better product," Howard said.

Somehow Todd Howard understands there are fewer players now able to play Bethesda content but the resident Xbox evangelists on here keep saying there's gonna be MOAR players. :laff:

If you believe Microsoft's intention, I have a bridge to sell you that will be advertised to you tonight at 11 on your local news network.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Microsoft literally wants to exterminate the competition by any means necessary even if it means trying to starve out competition.

All this "gaming for all" bullshyt is PR that idiots are eating up. All of this is a long term game, that's hidden with family friend Phil talking shyt that sounds good to short sighted cats.

They are hard lined LIARS.

Then fast forward to recently:

Somehow Todd Howard understands there are fewer players now able to play Bethesda content but the resident Xbox evangelists on here keep saying there's gonna be MOAR players. :laff:

If you believe Microsoft's intention, I have a bridge to sell you that will be advertised to you tonight at 11 on your local news network.
#Shambles :mjcry:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
He made the claims last year: You even posted in the thread the other stooge made on them.

But it does seem odd that after a year of emphasizing how dauntingly massive Sony and Nintendo’s combined market share is, and continuing to say that consuming Activision would make Xbox more competitive and stronger, Spencer is now out there going, “Well, but we don’t really need them. Good if it happens, I guess.”

I guess spending the past year suggesting Xbox’s exclusives suck and it can’t compete against Sony or Nintendo’s software output—even claiming that Call of Duty going Xbox-exclusive (which Microsoft claims won’t happen) wouldn’t help much—might have made investors and onlookers nervous. So, as the proposed deal continues to face scrutiny around the world, it seems like a solid time to go, “We’d be fine.”

As well as Sony.. now what
You're not making sense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
He made the claims last year: You even posted in the thread the other stooge made on them.

You're not making sense.
I was looking for theses quotes
they couldn't grow Xbox without being able to buy publishers.
they couldn't compete with Sony's software output

I “control F” on your article and couldn’t find them. Do you have another source :jbhmm:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I believe it.
M$ bytch asses are shady like that
nikkas think this is a joke but read up on how Microsoft got netscape out the paint, forever got their foot on linux neck etc. One of the most grimy companies for decades, that shyt is right up their alley.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're just playing dumb now. :russell:
Umm.

You made some very specific claims. I’d like to see your source for those claims before we can properly discuss them.

Care to provide what quotes or interviews you were referring to when you made those claims? If you are gonna accuse someone of lying you must provide what they actually said that was a lie…..no??