Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
I've seen it twice since the nationwide release. Haven't cried, but I feel so listless afterwards. Oscar was just a young dude trying to live his life and make up for his mistakes and be there for the people he loved, that's what I got from each viewing. They did an amazing job with the casting. I saw people I know in each of the characters. I saw my brothers in Oscar, I even saw a bit of myself. Its not fair he didn't get his second chance because of some a$$hole cop high off his own adrenaline..
Post is on point. When you saw Oscar with his friends, I saw me and my folk too. Man when I left the theater, I was empty. Others were either crying, bout to tear up or had this dazed look in their face.

A cat walked out with me and said to me "This justice system aint shyt. It's flawed." I said, "Naw, it's exactly perfect. They designed it for us to fail."

I dont think I can watch this movie again.

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
Post is on point. When you saw Oscar with his friends, I saw me and my folk too. Man when I left the theater, I was empty. Others were either crying, bout to tear up or had this dazed look in their face.

A cat walked out with me and said to me "This justice system aint shyt. It's flawed." I said, "Naw, it's exactly perfect. They designed it for us to fail."

I dont think I can watch this movie again.
'

Right. I've never seen a movie literally suck the life out of people. And you know us blacks are very expressive and emotional. That's how powerful this movie was. shyt, my homeboy admitted that he cried when he went to see it. He's one of the toughest dudes I know. Props to this movie, I really hope it does well and opens the door for more films like this.

I plan on buying it DVD, I'm supporting it in every way.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Hit home for me, I'm from Oakland. Everything they showed in the movie, I've been there. From Fruitvale Bart to the marina. The gas station on 7th and Mandela parkway, west Oakland Bart station. Ryan Coogler made a hell of a movie, I hope he uses Oakland like Spike Lee uses NYC.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
So were the lady he ran into at the store and the dude from jail really on the train? That's one hell if a coincidence of true.