Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I disagree. Im far from white and i felt the emotion in this movie. Yes it was flawed, yes there were cliches. But doesn't that sum up literally 99.9% of all movies released. Please point me to these flawless movies without cliches sir.

I think you're giving me an unfair standard. I never said the movie should have been perfect, or that other movies are perfect. I said this one had more flaws than most in the scripting and department.

There has NEVER been a biopic that has not taken dramatic license. I think that any black man that sees this movie and doesnt come out of it shaken, mad,or had some strong reaction to it is lost. I looked at it as a viewer, not as a fake Roger Ebert, and it did its job. It presented Oscar as a fully realized human being that was gunned down like a animal by someone who viewed us as such.

I looked at it as a viewer, too, and the dialogue hindered the immersion for me. I don't buy the argument that you have to like it unless you're looking at it being "too critical"- it's Black media about a sensitive issue, which means that critically is exactly how you should be looking at it.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last scene of the movie got me. :to:

When Sophina takes Tatiana home and gives her a shower, and Tatiana asks her, "Where's daddy? :sadcam:" And she just looks at her like :sad: and they cut to black.

shyt had me :sadbron:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just left from seeing it and BRUH when I tell you a nikka never sobbed during no movie ever. I literally walked out crying when it was over even though I knew what to expect. Some people were :wow: and made that early exit when he got shot. Great film by everyone included. A white dude walked up to me after like :to:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
Just left from seeing it and BRUH when I tell you a nikka never sobbed during no movie ever. I literally walked out crying when it was over even though I knew what to expect. Some people were :wow: and made that early exit when he got shot. Great film by everyone included. A white dude walked up to me after like :to:
Wow, for a movie to evoke this kind of emotion it should result in an Oscar (no pun intended).

Nymeria

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Dorne.
I've seen it twice since the nationwide release. Haven't cried, but I feel so listless afterwards. Oscar was just a young dude trying to live his life and make up for his mistakes and be there for the people he loved, that's what I got from each viewing. They did an amazing job with the casting. I saw people I know in each of the characters. I saw my brothers in Oscar, I even saw a bit of myself. Its not fair he didn't get his second chance because of some a$$hole cop high off his own adrenaline..