Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
I'ma do whatever I can to support this. Even if it means I have to take a taxi to some strange, expensive indie theater and spend like 50 dollars just to view it.

Last black indie classic I saw :

U18PrNS.jpg

These are the kind of movies I love stumbling upon on Netflix...appreciate the recommendation

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Just saw it.

shyt pissed me off man I wanted him to make it even tho I knew he doesn't.

That cop that got 11 months should have got gutted :pacspit:

When they showed that part, there was a collective :pacspit:from the entire theater. You can hear everybody being deflated as fukk at the same time.

I think a lot of people knew how it ended, but werent aware the the pig got off like that.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw the movie on Sunday, it was good but nothing made me or my girl cry and she's extremely sensitive. I feel it was some parts the director could have captured better or prolonged a little longer (would post it but I don't know how to work the spoiler tag on the new site)

Overall good indie flick, left feeling sad for his baby girl but it didn't invoke the anger I was hoping it would from me.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Man I was strong through the whole movie until they showed his real daughter at the end. I had to head tilt like a motherfukker. Movie was pretty powerful dog. The perfect timing for it to drop too.
There was a lady sitting below me, she started tearing up when he had the last conversation with his daughter. "Heartbreaking" is what she said. She was really letting it out when his moms saw his body. Sad. I was near downtown working when the riots broke out. When the Trayvon verdict came out, I told ALL my white homies I work with to stay in the crib lol. Someone hit this white dude in the head with a hammer that night, a waiter. A lot of folks rioting were white though, trippy.

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Just saw this tonight with my girlfriend. We both liked the movie and while we didn't shed any tears (did get choked up when they showed the footage of his actual daughter) we both definitely felt deflated afterwards, we probably didn't speak a word to each other until we were half way home.

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
The movie about Oscar Grant. The movie has already won awards at Sundance and other film festivals. It's gon be a tear jerker tho. I know the ending and I'll probably still shed a tear when I go see it. Here's the trailer

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies
Its a sad story. Another police brutality victimized story. What is a good is the story is told in wide movie release, but still there is no justice because Oscar Grants killer, who was a cop, only got 2 years.

Also black movies need to run the gamut of experiences from success to tragedy to success.

What is also interesting is the movies director might be directing a spin off Rocky, Apollo Creed.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
man i just saw it and i aint got to lie, leading to that final scene i was:to:. Even my girl was surprise how emotionally tied i got into the film

all i thought about is that there is a mother without her son and a daughter without a father,life aint fair brehs

also what hit home was thats like me and my boys going out on new years and just like that, many people lives change over one decision

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
So were the lady he ran into at the store and the dude from jail really on the train? That's one hell if a coincidence of true.
if i remember correctly about the story, i think one of his homeboys got into it with another person and he got caught up/break it up and that lead to all the fukkery of him dying

Gifted one

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Saw the movie at 12:30 and it was quite packed for an early viewing, one of the best films I've seen in years, very emotional, the scene where his mom sees his body and she talks about how it was her that told him to take the train got me :to: heard a lot of snifling in the theater. Wishing nothing but the best for Michael B. Jordan in his movie career

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
went with my momz to see this today...early show. :whew:

We both knew what was gonna happen but around the time the fight broke out on the train she started getting emotional...and when he gon shot...man :to: i never seen my momz cry from a film like that. I barley held it together.

But as powerful the ending scenes were the scenes he had with the little girl were to me extraordinary. Not often do we see young black fathers in film with good relationships with both the mother and the child. That means alot to me as a black man, and i dont even have kids.
I also saw alot of me and my homies in him and his friends, nikkas just having a good time, not causing any kind of issue, just loving life. :sadbron:

You want me to be out here sellin dope, breh? :birdman:
You want me to be wating out side when you get off, breh? :pacspit: