Fruitvale Station is gonna be the next classic Black movie

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
...what the hell are you talking about? There doesn't have to be a lesson for a movie to be made - anyone can make a movie for any reason they want. What matters is if it is well made or not.

obviously people can make whatever movie they want, and I can say I think it's wack. I'll reserving any judgement about this movie until I see it

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'ma do whatever I can to support this. Even if it means I have to take a taxi to some strange, expensive indie theater and spend like 50 dollars just to view it.

Last black indie classic I saw :

U18PrNS.jpg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No way would a White guy have had the same ending. White people will leave the theatre with a greater appreciation for the Black experience. Some of y'all couldn't fathom having the shyt that happened to Oscar Grant happen to you. Being handcuffed and made to lay on the ground with a pistol to the back of your head while you're on your belly for something that happens at White bars every night.

pretty much this

if this movies done right then a lotta people are gonna be leavin the theater like :wow:. and based off the preview it looks like a pretty good fukkin movie

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
7 theaters/$55,184 average :whoo: those are some numbers.

stronger than even Before Midnight first week release, and thats saying something

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I'm calling an Oscar nomination for Jordan and maybe a best picture nod too. An Oscar for Oscar would be great.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
After seeing it, I thought it was good, especially for a debut feature film, but sadly, not as excellent as all the praise had me expecting it to be. They did a great job of making him human, including showing his very real flaws and failings. The real problem with the film is something I can't totally blame the director for- it's his inexperienced and somewhat amateur direction. He's a young, enthusiastic dude, so I'm sure this will be improved in the future, but there was a lot of hammy, stock characterization (including things that never happened irl, but are here added for dramatic effect,) and at its worst, the script was so full of clichés that it overshadowed and siphoned all the emotion out of the scene, which says a lot considering that his death is looming over the entire film. Again, though, it's his first big feature- I'm sure he'll improve.

And either way, the film is pure Oscar-bait. White liberals will love it and shower it with praise regardless of how good it actually is, just like they did with Crash (though I don't want to suggest that this film is on the same level as that trash.)

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I'm interested and hopefully its showing somewhere close to me so i can peep it..

gotta support the homie Michael B jordan, he been putting in work and seems to be one of the few young black actors doing big things and that shows versatility