From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I liked the ep, lots of tension and most of the plots were good. The general sense I get is that the monsters realize the only way they can win is by breaking Boyd. Either breaking him mentally to the point he fukks up, or breaking the town's trust in him to the point everything falls apart. I think there's something to the theory about them wanting maximum misery, vs just killing everyone and waiting for the next batch of people.

I feel like the Fatima thing feels unnecessary and assuming pregnancy is still 9 months in this supernatural situation, we could be dealing with this plot well into next season at this rate. I have a bad feeling this is gonna end with a complete jacking of Lost where the monsters try to take the baby lmao.

Another thing I dislike is how weird the tone is. This is now S3. These people have been in this situation for a very long time yet behaviors rarely change or match the situation. Jim's dumbass kid running out the house, daughter having zero interest in protecting him (???) or stepping up and being a contributor. There used to be a sense of society or governance at play with the community house, Boyd's side, etc. Now people just chill inside doing jack shyt while a small handful of people contribute.

Also....Boyd my guy but at some point he needs help. Maybe I'm over reacting and Kenny will handle shyt when he gets back. But it's weird that Boyd is the only person with plans, plots, etc. I loved Randall getting involved because it fit his character to want to get active but man...now the monsters got him filet'd up on a car like Omar's bytch in The Wire lol.

Geordi

Superstar
Daps
I liked the ep, lots of tension and most of the plots were good. The general sense I get is that the monsters realize the only way they can win is by breaking Boyd. Either breaking him mentally to the point he fukks up, or breaking the town's trust in him to the point everything falls apart. I think there's something to the theory about them wanting maximum misery, vs just killing everyone and waiting for the next batch of people.

I feel like the Fatima thing feels unnecessary and assuming pregnancy is still 9 months in this supernatural situation, we could be dealing with this plot well into next season at this rate. I have a bad feeling this is gonna end with a complete jacking of Lost where the monsters try to take the baby lmao.

Another thing I dislike is how weird the tone is. This is now S3. These people have been in this situation for a very long time yet behaviors rarely change or match the situation. Jim's dumbass kid running out the house, daughter having zero interest in protecting him (???) or stepping up and being a contributor. There used to be a sense of society or governance at play with the community house, Boyd's side, etc. Now people just chill inside doing jack shyt while a small handful of people contribute.

Also....Boyd my guy but at some point he needs help. Maybe I'm over reacting and Kenny will handle shyt when he gets back. But it's weird that Boyd is the only person with plans, plots, etc. I loved Randall getting involved because it fit his character to want to get active but man...now the monsters got him filet'd up on a car like Omar's bytch in The Wire lol.
Jade and Jim had the plan to use the radio and the storm came thru, Tabitha was digging the hole and the house collapsed, when Boyd went to the woods the nightmares started. Every time somebody tries a plan the town fights back. Tabitha was chosen to save the town so maybe she is really the only person that can figure a way out.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Jade and Jim had the plan to use the radio and the storm came thru, Tabitha was digging the hole and the house collapsed, when Boyd went to the woods the nightmares started. Every time somebody tries a plan the town fights back. Tabitha was chosen to save the town so maybe she is really the only person that can figure a way out.

Contributing as in doing anything. Besides Boyd wanting to catch one of the monsters and the food expedition, everyone else is doing jack shyt. Surely there should be multiple expeditions or something right. Even on a smaller scale of just character moments...who is running the diner now? Who is handling the animals now after the slaughter a few eps ago. I just wish this felt more like an actual town again, VS a handful of people doing shyt and then everyone else in a house looking like shell shocked WWI soldiers.

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Contributing as in doing anything. Besides Boyd wanting to catch one of the monsters and the food expedition, everyone else is doing jack shyt. Surely there should be multiple expeditions or something right. Even on a smaller scale of just character moments...who is running the diner now? Who is handling the animals now after the slaughter a few eps ago. I just wish this felt more like an actual town again, VS a handful of people doing shyt and then everyone else in a house looking like shell shocked WWI soldiers.

That's the thing tho, lol

Life is falling apart

The two leaders are about to break

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Wish Donna was more involved but she's freaking out, so that's understandable

I wish ppl noticed what was going on with Fatima

This show was always jack but the 1st two seasons ppl and the audience were in the dark

But now I wish it had better writing

The characters carry it but now they're killing off favorites

Daps

Before Boyd and Ellis, they seemed to just want to survive each night. Boyd took over, and created a system with Donna. Before the Matthews family and Jade, they were content just living there being alive. Colony house is basically adult daycare. Nobody else was looking for answers, or a way out. Tabitha, Jim, and Jade inspired some of the others to at least TRY to figure things out. Once they started fighting back, and looking for answers, the monsters stepped up their game, and having new tactics other than walking around, and trying to get into the houses. It’s like they like the challenge of keeping these people in a constant state of submission.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
- I know Randall is not the sharpest tool but what exactly did he expect Boyd to do if he was surrounded by four of those things? the whole story line they are building here seems really forced to me but then again Randall is a moron so sure.

- I now fully support the theory that most of the town are NPCs placed there by whatever is running things, not only that but the intelligence stat was left in 5/100, holy fukk are they dumb.

- I get the hot new cop killed someone (by accident) but I mean, a Jane Doe showed up in her town then left the hospital, she is walking around town with an old lunch box and then gets into another accident, while getting her to the hospital they seem to get lost, the Jane Doe starts talking about monsters that come out at night and the driver remains lost (so they get more and more stressed out) her actions sucked but I can 100% see why she would handcuff the crazy old lady that is freaking out, instead of Boyd welcoming another trained officer he gives her shyt and blame her for reacting the way she did when monsters started eating her friends and chasing her.

- the teenage daughter...the writers seem to be stuck on writing her as a regular teenager but she is not, I'm not even talking about her getting high and having fun with the other young dude, that part was good, but her constant whining and complaining "everyone is making a big deal because my mom got out, like whatever *scoffs*", "omg I don't wanna take care of my little brother in this hellish nightmare place!", they should be writing her as someone that has seem some shyt and was forced to grow the fukk up really fukking fast, the Stark kids in GOT are the perfect example of this.

- At least the fukking town got together to hear about what happened to Tabitha, would had been nice if Boyd actually informed everyone that the behavior of the creatures changed, you know so they can be ready for it but naaaah, lets just keep limiting the information we share.

- "the important thing is that she managed to get out!" "cool lets go follow in her footsteps and get out" "whoaaaaa hold up it doesn't work like that!"

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
- I know Randall is not the sharpest tool but what exactly did he expect Boyd to do if he was surrounded by four of those things? the whole story line they are building here seems really forced to me but then again Randall is a moron so sure.

- I now fully support the theory that most of the town are NPCs placed there by whatever is running things, not only that but the intelligence stat was left in 5/100, holy fukk are they dumb.

- I get the hot new cop killed someone (by accident) but I mean, a Jane Doe showed up in her town then left the hospital, she is walking around town with an old lunch box and then gets into another accident, while getting her to the hospital they seem to get lost, the Jane Doe starts talking about monsters that come out at night and the driver remains lost (so they get more and more stressed out) her actions sucked but I can 100% see why she would handcuff the crazy old lady that is freaking out, instead of Boyd welcoming another trained officer he gives her shyt and blame her for reacting the way she did when monsters started eating her friends and chasing her.

- the teenage daughter...the writers seem to be stuck on writing her as a regular teenager but she is not, I'm not even talking about her getting high and having fun with the other young dude, that part was good, but her constant whining and complaining "everyone is making a big deal because my mom got out, like whatever *scoffs*", "omg I don't wanna take care of my little brother in this hellish nightmare place!", they should be writing her as someone that has seem some shyt and was forced to grow the fukk up really fukking fast, the Stark kids in GOT are the perfect example of this.

- At least the fukking town got together to hear about what happened to Tabitha, would had been nice if Boyd actually informed everyone that the behavior of the creatures changed, you know so they can be ready for it but naaaah, lets just keep limiting the information we share.

- "the important thing is that she managed to get out!" "cool lets go follow in her footsteps and get out" "whoaaaaa hold up it doesn't work like that!"

Yea, the pawg cop acted like a reasonable human if we're being honest, so it feels a bit forced tryna vilify her. Nobody has to like/forgive her, but if you just found out monsters are real and got 10 of them closing in on you and you're in a seemingly empty ghost town with no one coming to your rescue, you're unloading the clip.

Also, the townhouse meeting had some good moments/arguments, like addressing that Tabitha did and would come across as hysterical. But how you gon tell them to focus on her getting out but then you discourage them from pursuing how she got out? :mjlol:

I also think that specific tree they've been gassing up as special for the past 2 seaons now leading to that instant death moment was kinda cheap, and once again brings them back to square one.