From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I will say im interested in whats gonna happen with the old man thats the slow dudes pops.

The “Walkers” (or whatever tf they are after 3 fukking seasons:martin:) did behave a lil different to me. Like they were more animated, working as a team, knew how to use the handcuffs and etc. Meaning theyre not just mindless monsters imitating humans, walking slow af everywhere, standing in front of doors and windows. They actually showed more intelligence (crops, animals, etc).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This show is so weird from a TV perspective. On one hand it’s heavily influenced by Lost (piling up mysteries that are never addressed), on the other hand it ignores the things that still make Lost good: the cinematography, the characterization, the cold opens, the multitude of slick scenes with great dialogue.

For instance the cold open in this ep goes nowhere. She leaves the hospital, follows the boy, realizes it’s not him and boom the show credits begin. Huh? And the show constantly does that! Scenes with no punchline, twist or shock that are used as cold opens or endings.

That being said I didn’t hate the episode. Things seem to be moving briskly for once. But it was full of dumb shyt too. Tabitha doesn’t go to the cops? Or ask her mom how long has she been missing? Jim goes to the middle of the woods before realizing he’s abandoning his kids? Also I didn’t know the monsters can harm animals. They could have starved everyone ages ago lol.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is Lost all over again. A bunch of shyt happening and no explanation
At least you liked most of the characters on Lost.

Jack, Kate, Sawyer were dope. Hurley was funny. Jin started off racist but turned around. Locke was crazy as shyt but I could see why people liked him.

Everyone on here is just :beli:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Now the monsters are on some highly intelligent tactical shyt with targeting their source of food huh? :mjlol:

Writers have fumbled this so badly, why do we do this to ourselves
Yep, this is reaching Titans status for me where I just watch it for the fukkery not actually expecting a well written show.

Daps
I still think they already told us what it is. Ethan said it’s a quest. I think there are different levels, and they are going with the virtual reality/game/experiment and the creatures are being controlled. Before, nobody really fought back, or tried to figure anything out. Now, Jim and Jade are rallying them to actually do something, so they make it harder.

:yeshrug:

Daps
This show is so weird from a TV perspective. On one hand it’s heavily influenced by Lost (piling up mysteries that are never addressed), on the other hand it ignores the things that still make Lost good: the cinematography, the characterization, the cold opens, the multitude of slick scenes with great dialogue.

For instance the cold open in this ep goes nowhere. She leaves the hospital, follows the boy, realizes it’s not him and boom the show credits begin. Huh? And the show constantly does that! Scenes with no punchline, twist or shock that are used as cold opens or endings.

That being said I didn’t hate the episode. Things seem to be moving briskly for once. But it was full of dumb shyt too. Tabitha doesn’t go to the cops? Or ask her mom how long has she been missing? Jim goes to the middle of the woods before realizing he’s abandoning his kids? Also I didn’t know the monsters can harm animals. They could have starved everyone ages ago lol.

Meh, one show was a big hit on a major network and the other is on something called Flix. The budgets are not remotely in the same galaxy. The star of the show is Harold Perrineau, I like him as an actor but js.

Just the enjoy the show for what it is. Stacks on stacks of ambiguity until they have a fork in the road moment to pick a direction.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Episode 2 seems more cinematic for some reason. Like it seems like it was filmed better with a better camera. Strangely enough the sound seemed a little distorted, and unbalanced for some reason. I liked this episode better than last episode. Everyone’s really going through it in this one. Had me :mjcry: a few times.

Last edited:

KageDaBeast

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Durham, NC

Now they got an ARG

secret-01.jpg

:whoo:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I binged s2 over the weekend after dropping s1 years ago. :mjlol:

It's really easy to see the gift when you watch the show back after back. The lingering shots were the characters do nothing. The plot points that get dropped the next episode. How the characters change personalities to fit the plot. And these characters can't seem to maintain a consistent plan of action.

I swear at times it feels like the writers don't speak to each of other before writing the script.