From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm on a binge rewatch before the third season drops. Everything about the first two seasons was fuzzy for me, so the rewatch has me looking for clues and all that.

After season one, I'm fully on a "this is some kind of VR experience gone awry" tip. Jade owns a software company where he mentions making the things people imagine come true. He also mentioned a breakthrough in quantum mechanics for his company. Jim is an amusement park engineer who tries to make experiences that feel dangerous but really aren't. They're also the two that crash into each other when the series starts.

So, my theory is that the majority of characters on the show are NPCs. Basically, if we haven't seen a flashback of their arrival at the tree, then they may be an NPC. I also think certain NPCs were specifically added in to help keep people on track (Donna, the priest, the crazy girl and her brother, Kenny and his mom, and Fatima all got me side-eyeing them).

Some of the game aspects that are in this thing:
- Fast Travel using the trees.
- The symbols mark checkpoints.
- The talismans to creates safe spaces.
- Victor mentions that there didn't used to be seasons, which I think implies that the "program" has been updated.
- Certain supplies never seem to run out, like Victor being shocked that the peaches aren't respawning anymore.

Random shyt that could relate:
- The guide characters I mentioned are always providing some emotional support that the real person needs. Boyd got Kenny after his relationship with his son collapsed. Ellis got a love interest at that same point (and Fatima becomes Julie's guide, and she's into Fatima too). Jade got a mother-figure.
- I'm just starting season 2 but I remember something with worms...which is something we call malware or computer viruses too.
- The kid keeps saying they're on a quest, and Jade thinks it's an escape room initially.
- Certain situations and ways of dying repeat themselves. The crazy girl cut her brother's throat, which is also how the priest died. The group got trapped in the car and had to be quiet or they'd die, which is similar to the house collapsing in season 2 (though I have to rewatch to really compare, so this is a reach).

This is probably all wrong, but it's a fun way to rewatch the series and keep things interesting before the new season comes out.

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I'm on a binge rewatch before the third season drops. Everything about the first two seasons was fuzzy for me, so the rewatch has me looking for clues and all that.

After season one, I'm fully on a "this is some kind of VR experience gone awry" tip. Jade owns a software company where he mentions making the things people imagine come true. He also mentioned a breakthrough in quantum mechanics for his company. Jim is an amusement park engineer who tries to make experiences that feel dangerous but really aren't. They're also the two that crash into each other when the series starts.

So, my theory is that the majority of characters on the show are NPCs. Basically, if we haven't seen a flashback of their arrival at the tree, then they may be an NPC. I also think certain NPCs were specifically added in to help keep people on track (Donna, the priest, the crazy girl and her brother, Kenny and his mom, and Fatima all got me side-eyeing them).

- Victor mentions that there didn't used to be seasons, which I think implies that the "program" has been updated.
- Certain supplies never seem to run out, like Victor being shocked that the peaches aren't respawning anymore.

- The guide characters I mentioned are always providing some emotional support that the real person needs. Boyd got Kenny after his relationship with his son collapsed. Ellis got a love interest at that same point (and Fatima becomes Julie's guide, and she's into Fatima too). Jade got a mother-figure.
- I'm just starting season 2 but I remember something with worms...which is something we call malware or computer viruses too.
- The kid keeps saying they're on a quest, and Jade thinks it's an escape room initially.
- Certain situations and ways of dying repeat themselves. The crazy girl cut her brother's throat, which is also how the priest died. The group got trapped in the car and had to be quiet or they'd die, which is similar to the house collapsing in season 2 (though I have to rewatch to really compare, so this is a reach).

This is probably all wrong, but it's a fun way to rewatch the series and keep things interesting before the new season comes out.
This is probably the best theory I've seen on this show. Make a Youtube video bro it might go plat.

Tair

Superstar
Daps

Well, damn. :whoo:

timeless

All Star
Daps

Sounds a lot like 1899 (good show, btw, on Netflix) but without the game aspect. Now you're making me want to go back and rewatch before the next season drops. So I can refresh my mind too!

LJLYDK!

All Star
Daps
Are the characters actually gonna communicate with each other this season :stopitslime:and are we gonna get any answers to the mysteries? two seasons in and zero answers so far :francis: