From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Clive42

All Star
Daps
I liked the season. Could've done without half the nonsense in it, or atleast shortened certain plot points that werent as important.

Certain points from the season

- That reggie guy tryna kill boyd was an unnecessary scene. Infact, I must've missed where the towns people even found out Boyd was responsible for bringing the 'music box' fukkery back, so Im still wondering how Reggie even knew to blame Boyd. Edit - The townspeople know he went out for answers, came back and now that problem is here (along with Sara). That would've been enough for a few to blame him for everything going wrong.

- Boyd (and to a much lesser extent, Sara) should've informed atleast some important people in the town about the lighthouse tower when they got back. Especially since Victor was aware of it and thats where Tabitha's quest ended up leading her. Plus, I noticed the boy in white showed up and diverted Boyd/Sara just before they reached it in S1 (yeah there was a storm, plus it was getting dark soon) and now in S2, once Tabitha reached it and got to the top, the boy in white shows up and pushes her out of it. Maybe one of the roles of the boy in white is to stop towns people from reaching the tower??

- Those voices who connected with Sara in S1 really left her out to dry this season :mjlol:. They didnt come back to help her out with the whole town hating her even once, like they did for Khatri and Boyd. Those voices could've told her to tell Kenny they watched him do something know one but him knows about, like plotting to kill Marielle :troll:. Am not sure if the voice she heard in the last episode about Boyd releasing the 'music box' ting was the same voices though.

- Could've done without most of Randall's bullshyt.

- Kristi was looking nice this season - until her girlfriend changed her hairstyle.

- Nobody thanking Elgin for risking his life to get Ellis to the clinic

- Boyd dismissing Jim's revelation of the voice on the radio/someones watching them and the fact that its never bought up again between the 2 characters, was foolish on the part of the writers. Boyd was going through a lot (the worms, Kenny's family hating him) but still, such important information shouldn't be brushed to the side.

- They've been alluding since the end of season 1 that there are worse things in the forest than the creatures and we still aint seeing even a silhouette of them. Whatever that was banging under Jim's overturned caravan/trailer in S2E9 needs to be answered eventually. Maybe theres a hole being dug from underground up to the trailer by something? shyt, maybe the symbol Jade saw looking up out of the tunnel (which covered itself up once the vision ended) leads to under the trailer, or leads to something else important??

Going forward,
- The ending was good and has stuck i my head the most for me. Definitely didnt see that coming at all. I just hope they dont use it as an excuse to forget about all the other questions they raised (especially in S1).

- its a shame that the only 2 people jade can tell about the 7 children and the symbol are Victor and Tabitha. Victor isnt always helpful (for obvious reasons) and Tabitha is out of the universe (supposedly). Kenny's mum knows of the symbol too but not much about it.

- I like the speech Kenny made to Kristi about their actions not doing nothing to save themselves, but might help the next set of people who get trapped there. Im not hoping they kill off all the current characters, but that theme hit me as kinda important. Maybe the towns people when Victor was a child (who all died off) met their fate based on that theme - they need to give us more information/scenes on the last days before that massacre.

- Following on from my earlier point about Boyd and the lighthouse, Boyd and Victor need to communicate MUCH more next season. You're the leader of the town and Victor is the longest surviving member of the town who knows more about it than anyone. He only speaks to him once this whole season!

- We need to know more on that dog that keeps showing up (I think just to Boyd). 2 seasons in and it remains just a random occurrence.

Theres more points that I cant remember right now, but I'll bring em up if I do. Overall, Im enjoying this show and cant wait for the 3rd season. And Im guessing most of the posters here who are getting impatient with it and are bushing it already are watching lots of other shows at the same time, so can dismiss the ones that fall short. Guess I cant blame them, but you man should definitely come back and give it a chance. Atleast when the whole 3rd season has already aired.

Last edited:

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
:lupe:

I've been hearing good things about this.
Show is piff. There is a lot of character development in the first few episodes but by episode 5 that is when the action and mystery starts picking up the most. They do a good job of making each character feel important and answering questions as the story progresses.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
If you guys want a real sci-fi/mystery show go watch Silo on Apple TV+ :wow:

100x better than this.

Chill, It aint that much better than this. Besides, if you want to be fair, compare S1 of From to S1 Silo and it's clear that "From" easily edges "Silo" in terms of execution and suspense.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

100x better than this.
It is better… mainly because it’s getting better.

Last few episodes of Silo got me wanting to know what’s next and Common is killing it

It’s on par with From first season if not slightly better. From’s writers fukked this season up with its fillers and continuous, random mystery’s without any explanations and abandoned storylines while Silo piecing it together

Superstar
Daps

100x better than this.

We watch “From” for the horror, though. I’ll probably watch “Silo” in the future. I already know what happens in the books.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

season 3 confirmed. Curious how long the producer thinks this can go on without addressing any questions

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I was really hoping Boyd's son died:francis:
I really feel like they are doing that thing other shows do where they won’t kill off more big characters. That dude was definitely supposed to die 1 of those times. They set it up like he was going to get caught outside when colony house got taken over or when he got stabbed. I at least thought Randall would die. They killed the fukking bartender and some girl we just met with a metal rod through her head.

They could’ve killed the son and kept Father Khatri.