From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Good episode but I disliked the ending. That felt unearned as fukk. What I mean is that this show constantly whips out these very specific, Lost-like beats but they feel half assed or poorly done. In large part because we aren't getting answers, we aren't really getting new environments or things, etc. Outside of Tabitha being gone, the town is essentially back where it was at the end of S1. Information isn't being shared, characters outright refuse to talk to each other, and things that could have been resolved in 2-3 episodes end up taking an entire season.

People will say Lost didn't answer xyz question but just think about the progress in the first two seasons. Finding the plane/black box, discovering the radio broadcast, discovering the radio tower, finding the hatch, opening the hatch, learning more about the island, etc etc. We're two seasons in and can we really say there's been a breakthrough bigger than Boyd finding the talismans (which occurred before the events of episode 1)? You could say well he killed one of those things, but it doesn't look like that's repeatable without the blood thing.

Point is...the show constantly feels aimless because characters are never really pursuing something for long. Jade and Victor go out to find some cars...nothing happens, and they never really talk again. Jim and Randall decide to try to find another radio signal, immediately quit and get distracted by some bullshyt subplot (kidnapping Donna). Boyd made steps but basically stumbled from one thing to another. There was no real progress IMO. And that's why the twist ending failed for me. I really don't get the impression the writers know where this is going, or they're stringing it out waiting for Amazon. I'm gonna keep watching but I really think they need entirely different writers.

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
That old woman is the key iMO

She turned up and knew what Boyd was doing in the woods, she literally just arrived that day

She knew my middle Eastern Bae was pregnant

Of all the drugs to bring she brings Morphine

She said she had 7 grandkids, in the cave you see 7 kids

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Last 5 minutes saved it.

Imagine if they could make a show like this and the last 5 minuets happened mid season and they were still able to make the rest of the season even more compelling after?
Everything that happened in season 2 could’ve been summed up in the first 5 episodes if you take out the filler and whatever is planned for season 3 could’ve been the last 5

I get the slow build but I think it’s too risky this day and age to not start answering some questions. Most shows nowadays don’t make it past 2 or 3 seasons

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
This show is so ass. It was good during season 1 but it fell of tremendously. If it was not for the last episode of this season, I would not be returning for season 3.

Question after question after question. No answers until the last 10 minutes of each episode, and then comes another question. The other parts of the episodes be straight filler.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
I wonder what the religious angle is for. All the church scenes and Boyd shouting at God to do something. What are they going to do with this?

Didn’t know they were using a post office drop off box as the podium lol

Daps
Everything that happened in season 2 could’ve been summed up in the first 5 episodes if you take out the filler and whatever is planned for season 3 could’ve been the last 5

I get the slow build but I think it’s too risky this day and age to not start answering some questions. Most shows nowadays don’t make it past 2 or 3 seasons
Especially for a week to week show on an unpopular network, when we’re used to getting an entire season at once.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Yea im not even hyped about season 3. This shyt is 1000% Lost 2.0 after that last scene.

They took the horror aspect out of this film which made it great. Now is just another mystery Lost bullshyt.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
I feel like Tabitha is in a alternate reality of the same damn town. It would be dope if she starts interacting with her family from the other side like it's the upside down or some shyt.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yea im not even hyped about season 3. This shyt is 1000% Lost 2.0 after that last scene.

They took the horror aspect out of this film which made it great. Now is just another mystery Lost bullshyt.
I feel like people are forgetting how well done Lost was in the early seasons, and the constant sense of wonder and discovery. There were unanswered questions at the end, but think about the way the first couple seasons moved compared to From. This season was incredibly stagnant when it comes to new locations and information. They basically spent half the season introducing new characters, most of whom didn't do anything noteworthy. Then there were multiple episodes focused on short term plots that didn't advance anything. The house falling on Jim for instance, Donna being kidnapped, etc. Each main and sub plot seemed dead set on keeping the characters in the town.

If this was Lost, someone else would have been searching the forest this season and found something of interest. There would have been some type of reveal about who Jim spoke to at the end of S1. Someone would have re-entered the caves before the finale. Victor and Tabitha went into the caves in the first half of S2 right, yet there was no followup until episode 10.

Perfect example. Second ep of the season. Multiple characters involved in trying to get off the island, discover new things, etc. A new plot is introduced. Later, other characters are told about the event. And then they try to discover more about it. Few episodes later, they find out who sent the radio message. Sure more questions were also raised but the point is, the plot moved and multiple characters sped it along by TALKING.