From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It wasn't a bad episode but what's clear is that they are trying to do way too much story-wise.
  • Monsters
  • Dreams
  • Entities who are supposed to be even worse than the monsters that the old man was taking about.
  • Manifestation of peoples fears attacking them
  • This whole new thing about the rhyme taking three people
Just don't buy the writers being able to bring it all together :beli:

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Last night, trying to open the colony house door at night, putting everyone at risk...like, what the hell is happening with this guy.

Why didn’t he just get dropped off at this house anyway? This goes back to me not understanding how big this town is but I can’t imagine it being an inconvenience for him to just hop out the car and let the others continue to Colony House

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Ngl I talked a lotta shyt but I enjoyed episode 9 :pachaha: as long as the finale is that good or better I'm locked for s3 again.

They still not explaining shyt but like the other dude said as long as the fukkery/horror is high I don't even care about the main plot. Ain't got no time to see what's going on with that radio signal, it's monsters on our ass right now we tryna get out this jam!!

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It wasn't a bad episode but what's clear is that they are trying to do way too much story-wise.
  • Monsters
  • Dreams
  • Entities who are supposed to be even worse than the monsters that the old man was taking about.
  • Manifestation of peoples fears attacking them
  • This whole new thing about the rhyme taking three people
Just don't buy the writers being able to bring it all together :beli:

It would be fine if they showed any focus on addressing any of it. I would have thought this season would focus on introducing the entities. Not fully revealing them but like...bringing it into the conversation. Perhaps this is what Randall was alluding to in terms of their being other people in the town, but I assumed it meant there are other monster-like beings. Instead Boyd left the tower and barely brought it up again. And nobody has tried venturing into the woods again.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
It would be fine if they showed any focus on addressing any of it. I would have thought this season would focus on introducing the entities. Not fully revealing them but like...bringing it into the conversation. Perhaps this is what Randall was alluding to in terms of their being other people in the town, but I assumed it meant there are other monster-like beings. Instead Boyd left the tower and barely brought it up again. And nobody has tried venturing into the woods again.
Yep, it's like they're trying to introduce more and more so they don't have to actually follow up with what was introduced before which is a recipie for disaster.

This season finale needs to HIT big time otherwise I may have to bounce. Ish has potential but they're doing the characters and story a disservice.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Poor Boyd! He stays stressed out 😭

I really like this show so far. They have been leaking the script on Reddit if anyone's interested. I'm not sure what exactly is happening now, but like Victor said the town is changing and I think it's because Fatima is pregnant. Everyone has a connection to this place and sometimes their stories are like premonitions (remember Fatima talking about her dad's birthday party and all the chaos the ensued resulting in him being killed? Then at her 1 year anniversary party, chaos came back around again?)

Anywho, I think the baby is shaking things up because it is a new life. He/she has no connection to this place, not even memories to pull from. Then the symbolism with the cicadas (they rise from the ground like very 15 years) and the town heading towards winter. 🤔 I have so many thoughts about this all and I think in the end everything will connect.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Good ep overall, with some puzzling issues still. Real curious about why the monsters stopped. Do they hear the music box as well? The bullets didn't work but I get the sense that the bile is going to be useful in another way. Also all the stuff about the melody/song was interesting.

Still the ep also featured a variety of issues that make me feel like this stuff is never gonna be fixed. Given everything that EVERY person in the town has seen, why are we still getting scenes where someone delays or derails a conversation by blurting out "that's crazy." This time it was Jade to Tabitha. Just blows my mind how much pure disdain the writers AND characters seem to have at the mere idea of discussion., People start talking or sharing ideas/plans/theories and immediately get hit with STFU or shut up or you sound crazy. It's getting so annoying, especially given how short scenes are.

Also what happened to Jim? In S1 he seemed like the main character but for most of this season he's been limping from one weird scene to another. Last night, trying to open the colony house door at night, putting everyone at risk...like, what the hell is happening with this guy. He's been largely disconnected from things happening in the town, and his big "plan" this season turned out to just be fukking around with Randall. Sure he would have no idea Randall would be that psycho but that overall plot went nowhere (the drone, the radio equipment, etc).
There’s a lot of plots that went nowhere

Bile bullets, Everything with Jim (house falls for no reason, he lives others 5 feet from him die), the whole cave shyt, dude measuring trees, dreams with a music box, the actual monsters, etc.

Last episode better start answering questions or im probably heading out on this

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Just watched the 1st season with my girl. Between them dragging it, finding out dem Lost niccas was involved, & some of y'all's feedback on S2, I won't be sticking with it
1567136014248-106x109.png

Getting tired of these shows from Lost, to Manifest, The Outsider on HBO, mf one off joints like Alcatraz on Fox, etc. All either being cancelled or just dragging on long enough to make it to 'shouldve been cancelled' status w/o actually revealing these big supernatural mysteries that suck you in immediately.

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
Just watched the 1st season with my girl. Between them dragging it, finding out dem Lost niccas was involved, & some of y'all's feedback on S2, I won't be sticking with it

Getting tired of these shows from Lost, to Manifest, The Outsider on HBO, mf one off joints like Alcatraz on Fox, etc. All either being cancelled or just dragging on long enough to make it to 'shouldve been cancelled' status w/o actually revealing these big supernatural mysteries that suck you in immediately.

Why you had to bring up The Outsider breh? Don’t remind me about that.

:mjcry:

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio

I'm on S2 Ep9 and yea, its a lot going on and I too think its going to freefall soon. It's entertaining so far so I'm going to ride it out until then:francis:

Superstar
Daps

Why you had to bring up The Outsider breh? Don’t remind me about that.

:mjcry:

:mjlol:
The outsider wasn’t supposed to continue. The book was pretty short and neatly wrapped up at the end. The show just followed the book, and now the story is told.

Continuing it with no prior foundation would just fukk it up like what happened to “The Terror. The book was amazing, the first season followed it and was amazing. They tried to pull some new ghost story out of their ass for season 2 and it was stupid.

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey

Ayo I've heard about that outsider show years ago when it first released, bookmarked it and never watched it. I just google it and it says it's a mini series. Based on what you wrote I think I know the ending but was the lead up to the end at least entertaining?

I might have a problem because even though the ending might be azz with no answers. I'm still thinking about telling my folk to check it out. Shyt I might to :russ: