From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
One thing I keep forgetting to ask is how in the world have they still not done anything about them caves?Tabitha and Ethan escaped those caves in episode 2. We’re going on episode 9, and nobody has closed that shyt up yet. Like at least try to put a talisman up at the entrance so the monsters can’t get out or something. Jade knows about the tunnels now to, and he’s doing nothing to close that shyt up either.

Reddit was saying mad things they can do to block the monsters off. Cut down a tree and place it in front, dig a steep ditch they can fall in, set traps etc

I will say this though. It seems like every time the towns people make progress. Whoever are the ones in control of Fromville gets pissed off, and starts fukking with the towns people even worse than before. The harder they try to escape, the more the ones in the lighthouse (I assume) pushes back. They clearly can control everything there. The weather, the electricity, the houses themselves. Even what the town’s people see, feel, and dream.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
One thing I keep forgetting to ask is how in the world have they still not done anything about them caves?Tabitha and Ethan escaped those caves in episode 2. We’re going on episode 9, and nobody has closed that shyt up yet. Like at least try to put a talisman up at the entrance so the monsters can’t get out or something. Jade knows about the tunnels now to, and he’s doing nothing to close that shyt up either.

Reddit was saying mad things they can do to block the monsters off. Cut down a tree and place it in front, dig a steep ditch they can fall in, set traps etc

I will say this though. It seems like every time the towns people make progress. Whoever are the ones in control of Fromville gets pissed off, and starts fukking with the towns people even worse than before. The harder they try to escape, the more the ones in the lighthouse (I assume) pushes back. They clearly can control everything there. The weather, the electricity, the houses themselves. Even what the town’s people see, feel, and dream.

This is what kills me. The show would rather spend multiple eps on a short term dramatic plot device (the house falling on Jim) than expand on things. They literally know where the monsters come from, they found one entrance/exit, yet it took Tabitha multiple episodes to mention it to anyone. An episode of them working to block the entrance would have been interesting. Maybe have someone chill out in the woods until dark to see if it works, and run back if the plan didn't work. That could have been a 1-2 episode plot. Maybe it doesn't work and the monsters still arrive. Who cares! At least they tried something. And that would make Boyd's blood plan even more dramatic, since you'd be thinking damn they already tried something and it failed, I hope this one works.

Also how weird is it that Jim and Jade have barely said jack shyt to each other since the end of S1? They hatched a giant ass plan, a voice was heard...yet they haven't paired up again? Jade should be working with Jim and Randall. And Tabitha should have been working with Boyd and Kenny about the caves. I'm blown away the show tries its hardest NOT to pair people up, and when they do get paired up it's often a quick dismissive conversation.

I have high hopes for the next two eps, despite all this lol.

Daps
:francis: NGL, this show is starting to look like netflix mid it's not good if I'm increasing speeds trying to get to the interesting shyt or move the plot. They have an very interesting setting and premise but it looks like the writers don't know what to do with it. Funny thing is that netflix has a show called The Society with a similar but less interesting premise and they do a lot more with the mystery and dilemmas. Despite the teen drama the teenagers stayed trying to troubleshoot and figure out ways out of their situation on top of regulating the mundane stuff. None of the episodes dragged like what I'm seeing here.

The Society was my shyt and is a very good parallel to From. And like you said, the story moved much better and had way more interesting storylines. You can't sell a show on mystery and confusion alone. From seems like it just stopped giving a fukk about being an actual story and went full speed ahead on being ambiguous, confusing, and dreary.

Fukked up how Netflix announced a second season of The Society and then like a week later was like........."nah, nevermind" after all the actors had already announced they been greenlit for Season 2. :francis:

Hoshi_Toshi

Superstar
Daps
And while I thought Perrineau's acting was superb all throughout Season 1, he's getting hella predictable with that "explain myself halfway, get exasperated..pause...collect myself...say 2 words....get exasperated again..and then finally finish with tears in my eyes from the weight of the conversation" technique he's leaning on in alot of his dialogue.

I read this comment then I watched the episode where he tried to explain to Kenny’s mom about why he lied about Sarah…. Spot on. Dude just started talking then paused and let out a heavy sigh like 10 times

Daps
Also, as a nurse, I always laugh at how shows like these somehow manage to miraculously have successful complex medical procedures with either just one medical professional or a complete amateur who just wings it and ends up saving the day.

Ain't no fukking way you're completing a blood transfusion or an IV drip like in The Society (completed by a teenager with zero medical background) without severe complications or getting everyone killed using them old ass expired medical supplies in a dirty ass HS gym.:russ:

Ellis should have died from sepsis 2 episodes ago :dead: