From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:francis: NGL, this show is starting to look like netflix mid it's not good if I'm increasing speeds trying to get to the interesting shyt or move the plot. They have an very interesting setting and premise but it looks like the writers don't know what to do with it. Funny thing is that netflix has a show called The Society with a similar but less interesting premise and they do a lot more with the mystery and dilemmas. Despite the teen drama the teenagers stayed trying to troubleshoot and figure out ways out of their situation on top of regulating the mundane stuff. None of the episodes dragged like what I'm seeing here.
Exactly

Troubleshooting is the perfect word

As a person who’s entire career has been troubleshooting.. even with audio engineering, it’s troubleshooting, I just get frustrated when I see people not trying to figure shyt out. Even at work, people dragging feet that I need to actually do their job to do mines, that shyt is frustrating

Not just sitting here slowburning everything. It’s like the writers are not trying to solve any of the mysteries but continuously adding more.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
Exactly

As a person who’s entire career has been troubleshooting.. even with audio engineering, it’s troubleshooting, I just get frustrated when I see people not trying to figure shyt out. Even at work, people dragging feet that I need to actually do their job to do mines, that shyt is frustrating

Not just sitting here slowburning everything. It’s like the writers are not trying to solve any of the mysteries but continuously adding more.
For example its ridiculous how Boyd isn't questioning them about what exactly is happening in their dreams, Kenny actually mentioned the music box and he didn't make the connection

At the moment I can see where this is going and it's nowhere good

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
For example its ridiculous how Boyd isn't questioning them about what exactly is happening in their dreams, Kenny actually mentioned the music box and he didn't make the connection

At the moment I can see where this is going and it's nowhere good
Yeah I would be pressing them about the music box dreams too or atleast be curious to try to make connections

But fukk these writers for adding this dream shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Exactly

The Society was better than this. These shows are all pretty much just based on Lord of The Flies, being cut off from society, forced to create micro-governments and rules, having it fall apart through corruption and false leadership, an allegory for any developing nation.

It feels like a lot of these shows never know how to carry themselves beyond that premise though. They always start interesting and then start chasing their tail trying to make it make sense.

Another one i watched recently was “Class of 07” which i actually thought was waaaaay better than this but again, idk how they’re gonna expand their second season.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah I would be pressing them about the music box dreams too or atleast be curious to try to make connections

But fukk these writers for adding this dream shyt

They should hav an entire dream board in the town hall where everyone writes their shyt down and people try and piece it together. It makes no sense that people ahve these weird dreams that end up being real and they just write it off.

Mazino

All Star
Daps
They should hav an entire dream board in the town hall where everyone writes their shyt down and people try and piece it together. It makes no sense that people ahve these weird dreams that end up being real and they just write it off.
I wouldn't be surprised if the dream stuff ends up going absolutely nowhere at this rate :mjlol:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Really liked that episode, although at the same time it made me feel worse about some of the previous eps. The fact that it took this long for multiple characters to share basic information, come up with plans, etc is wild. The show has multiple good or interesting characters...you want them to work together, play off each other, etc. You also want tension within the group beyond boiler plate emotional shyt.

Randall's theory is interesting. Do I think Donna is in on it? Hell no. But the idea that someone in the camp is compromised is very interesting. It's also straight out of Lost lol. I thought the show was rather sloppy with the Donna kept showing up, which kind of makes me think this is another giant distraction that will go nowhere. If Donna was truly working with "the others" we would have seen hints of it in previous eps. She would have randomly showed up more in S1 and earlier in S2, rather than just doing it the minute Randall said something.

Also blows my mind that Sara was just walking around for multiple eps, getting no screen time. Really seems like she should be with Boyd, Kenny etc.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I gave this show my personal hidden gem cosign last year to some people I know. This season’s been embarrassing me man :mjcry:

Nobody’s ever going to let me put them on to anything anymore if this finale doesn’t hit:mjcry:

My reputation is up in the air right now. And based on how this season has been going. It’s never coming back :sadcam:

Also, anyone else feels like “dipping the bullets in some bile” sounds bootleg as fukk?:mjlol:

That’s like coding a piece of paper with some ricin then giving someone a papercut :stopitslime:

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The Society was better than this.

They seriously need a Gordie type character in this. Brehito was MVP in The Society.

A girlfriend getting clapped would have most characters going on some depression arc but breh immediately goes on some CSI shyt to figure out who did it and gets the shooter thrown in the bushes :wow: Nobody has shown that kind of resolve in From so far.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I gave this show my personal hidden gem cosign last year to some people I know. This season’s been embarrassing me :mjcry:

Nobody’s ever going to let me put them on to anything anymore if the finale doesn’t hit:mjcry:

My reputation is in the air right now. And based on how this season has been going. It’s never coming back down :sadcam:

Also, anyone else feels like “dipping the bullets in some bile” sounds bootleg as fukk?:mjlol:

That’s like coding a piece of paper with some ricin then giving someone a papercut :stopitslime:

Man I thought they was gonna reverse engineer some new weapon type or something, what happens when they run out of bullets? Lol

I’m in the same predicament between this show and Yellowjackets, i told mad people to watch them last season :snoop:

Daps
Just starting, already getting annoyed

Glad dude started pressing this Victor clown. Stop treating this old ass dude like a 5 year old and start asking questions to help get them tf out of there.

Dude 50 still drawing pictures like a 4 year old:scust:

Vic has permanent ptsd from a child. He's always in his head 247. It should be given it'll be hard to communicate with him. Now everyone else ain't got that excuse. Jade is the prick and he ain't telling no one that he sees all the weirdest shyt.

Daps

Glad dude started pressing this Victor clown. Stop treating this old ass dude like a 5 year old and start asking questions to help get them tf out of there.

He’s had no schooling since he got lost, and was alone for who knows how long. It’s not like he experienced life in the world, or any kind of regular socialization. He cling to what was familiar, because he lost everything else.

:wow:

Daps

He’s had no education, or socialization since he got lost. He clings to what is familiar, because he lost everything else.

:wow: