From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Daps
Got hooked on this show last month and me and my girl been watching it faithfully. But I straight up told her "I'm done" with this show after the latest episode, lol. Not literally because I still plan on watching, but I'm convinced there is no ultimate plan from the writers and they just strung this shyt together flying by the seat of their pants. This show would have to be 10 seasons long to tie up all the unexplained loose ends left lingering from all the episodes up until now.

And while I thought Perrineau's acting was superb all throughout Season 1, he's getting hella predictable with that "explain myself halfway, get exasperated..pause...collect myself...say 2 words....get exasperated again..and then finally finish with tears in my eyes from the weight of the conversation" technique he's leaning on in alot of his dialogue.

Show had potential to be one of my GOATs through Season 1, but this shyt just feels like a bunch of disjointed fabricated chaos going into the next episode.

But like I said, I'll still watch it. :yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Got hooked on this show last month and me and my girl been watching it faithfully. But I straight up told her "I'm done" with this show after the latest episode, lol. Not literally because I still plan on watching, but I'm convinced there is no ultimate plan from the writers and they just strung this shyt together flying by the seat of their pants. This show would have to be 10 seasons long to tie up all the unexplained loose ends left lingering from all the episodes up until now.

And while I thought Perrineau's acting was superb all throughout Season 1, he's getting hella predictable with that "explain myself halfway, get exasperated..pause...collect myself...say 2 words....get exasperated again..and then finally finish with tears in my eyes from the weight of the conversation" technique he's leaning on in alot of his dialogue.

Show had potential to be one of my GOATs through Season 1, but this shyt just feels like a bunch of disjointed fabricated chaos going into the next episode.

Yep, almost the same exact situation with Yellowjackets for me. Season 1 started out interesting and you were into the mystery and now it feels like both shows are trying to stretch the content for another season.

I understand the mystery is a big part of these shows but the if you’re not actively giving us answers you gotta make the inbetween content compelling. Let us care about the cast and their problems. Right now who cares about any of these people? I didn’t even care that the son got stabbed.

Thats how all these shows are, the same with the airplane show on netflix. Instead of leading us closer to a conclusion it just keeps throwing more shyt up, they gotta learn how to lead the audience with the carrot and stick. Solve one small mystery, let it lead to another. In this case nothing is being solved so its starting to become a chore.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

im just gonna wait for the episodes to drop instead of waiting week by week, Season 1 had me fiending now im just like, meh.

Gonna go check out Silo.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I agree with many folks here but I think I realized what's going on. It really seems like the showrunner is holding out for the bag. S3 has already been confirmed, and I'd imagine it'll officially be an Amazon show at that point, there will be another budget increase and it'll be a big season. That's the only thing I can think of, nothing else makes sense.

What a let down episode, after a GREAT ep. I spent the week imagining what might happen with the body, how will the things react the following night, etc. Only to get a lot of repetitive scenes and a delayed autopsy that didn't really go anywhere. It wasn't BAD, mainly because I really like these characters but jesus. This has to be a deliberate choice from the showrunner to slow walk this until a certain point.

Every conversation that you think is going to be insightful ends up being like this:

Person 1: Hi can we talk/I need to tell you something
Person 2: fukk off/I'm busy
*Person 1 starts walking away*
Person 2: Well actually...I could use some help with a random task

This could work in a fukking video game but not a show. By the time the storyline is returned to, both characters have basically told each other some (not all) things, and they go about their business like nothing happened. There's been zero followup about Victor taking that guy out to see the abandoned cars, for instance. Zero followup on Sara. Nothing is being worked towards. At least with Lost there was always a goal. Find the radio signal. Find the radio tower. Find food. Speaking of food, nobody is searching for more animals and farms?

I'd understand the chaos if there weren't good leaders left but Boyd and Donna are pretty capable. So this is a writing issue. You'd think Donna would want to know that a talisman can be used in a tent, meaning that people could travel out farther into the forest seeking food. But too bad, she's only spoken to Boyd like one time since he came back. lmao

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Episode 8 is good. Not a great episode but good. The writers are clearly setting up for the last two episodes. If the next episode is "just good". I will be expecting a 5 star season finale because this whole season seems like it's been some behind the scenes stalling to hide a big reveal until the end.

Well the only options are the mole is either Randall or Donna OR, it's neither of them, there is no mole, and the side story is just one big waste of time. I just KNOW it's going to be the latter:beli:

kornholio

Rookie
Daps
Episode 8 is good. Not a great episode but good. The writers are clearly setting up for the last two episodes. If the next episode is "just good". I will be expecting a 5 star season finale because this whole season seems like it's been some behind the scenes stalling to hide a big reveal until the end.

Well the only options are the mole is either Randall or Donna OR, it's neither of them, there is no mole, and the side story is just one big waste of time. I just KNOW it's going to be the latter:beli:
:jbhmm:Donna kept showing up at just the right time this episode.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
6w4b93jc3g5b1.jpg

m9xkd4jc3g5b1.jpg
bffbo5jc3g5b1.jpg

Remember mystery bracelet Tabitha made for Jim long ago? She found it in Diner's storage and wondered how the hell could it be there.

Lo and behold Victor's mother is wearing it in the flashback!

I wondered why are they focusing every scene on Mother's bracelet. Rewatched it couple of times and remembered Tabitha's bracelet.

Same lace, same yellow stone, same wire between the stones to keep the lace together.

Went back to S1E6 to check it and holy shyt it's the same one.