From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Oh and one last point of critique...

This show is the KING of people not explaining themselves. Too many "There's not enough time, I'll explain later." or "I don't want to talk about it" moments.

I hate when writers do that shyt because it's not realistic dialog. No mfer, how bout you explain this shyt to me now.

And why is nobody worried about Sara anymore. :mindblown: She could still hear voices and kill people but they leaving her alone like she's some harmless little girl.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, I’m losing interest. I didn’t even watch until today. It’s also incredibly irritating that the writers keep falling back onto the trope of no one actually talking to each other. How the fukk you in a literal town with monsters, and the person that has been in said town the longest hasn’t been thoroughly interrogated :gucci:? No one even says, “We need to know everything he knows…”

Not one person :martin:?

I need to know every fukking thing Victor! Additionally, the characters act too fukking stupid.

Had to rep you for this comment. Cuz it's so true.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Couple things I haven’t figured out in two seasons of this show…

1) Just HOW big is this town? At times it seems like everything is a 15 min walk away. Other times it seems like it would take an hour walk to get to the other side of town.

2) wtf do people do all day? Especially in the Colony House. I was watching some extras during the scene with that Blindside lookin nikka and Julie and they were just chilling in the bg drinking tea and talking. It seemed weird. At least in shows like TWD or Lost people had roles (Hunter, gatherer, etc) and very few people were just chilling. Some folks on this show seem like they do nothing all day.

:jbhmm:

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Lol someone posted this on reddit talking about the frustrating/inconsistent things about the show.
Despite all the complaints this show gets, I've been watching it as a comfort show. This way i don't take it seriously. But god damn, it's hard to watch as a comfort show when constantly infuriating stuff happens like this.

• "We got to keep this quiet"- Sherrif Boyd. Okay, um... why? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU KEEP IT QUIET THAT YOU CAN KILL THESE THINGS? (ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS WHOLE SEASON HAS BEEN ABOUT PEOPLE LOSING HOPE) Do the writers just not care about consistency?
  • We're like 6 episodes in and the Wife/Victor have JUST TOLD 1 PERSON about WHERE THE CREATURES LIVE? For gods sake, YOU KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE AND YOUR NOT TELLING THE GROUP? WHY IS THE WIFE CONFIDING IN A STRANGER RATHER THAN YOUR OWN HUSBAND?
  • Why has Victor, the daughter, the kid, the sheriff NOT told anyone about TELEPORTATION TREES IN THE FORREST? Why does no one ask Victor about what he knows despite him being so experienced? Why do they not communicate things that are helpful for survival?
  • Julie tried to kiss Fatima last season. Are we not going to get any updates on this? Fatima kisses multiple people while being in a relationship, are we not going to get an update on this social standard at colony? No conflicts at all with this are shown?
  • Why does Tabitha not communicate to her family that their son is doing the same game as the monsters?
  • The sherrif literally just told Elgin not to say anything. And Elgin goes telling it to Julie and then says to Julie to not say anything. Uhh, what? Why tell her? There's no point. It's not romantic since the writers set him up with Sara, supposedly. The only consistent writing would be for Elgin to tell Sara.
  • Julie has a task of keeping watch over her brother at colony. Yet, there is no scene were she and the brother are together or being his guardian.
I'm trying to watch this in a casual manner, i really do like this show, but it's very frustrating watching this stuff sometimes lmao.
I liked the last two episodes though. Like someone else in another thread (reddit) said. From is a good show, that could be a great show. But the writers, showrunners, network heads etc be fumbling the bag. If I made a list of everything wrong in and outside the show. It would be a long list. For example, why not just make the show an Amazon Prime show? Maybe put season 1 on Netflix. I know it’s probably too late now, but they should have changed the name. You can’t even type “From” on :hamster:site’s and expect the correct show to come up. Nikkas got to search the imdb title id number and shyt. Cut that long ass intro to one verse, and a hook. Show the preview of the next episode after the credits or put them on YouTube. People in other countries are recording off screen footage of the previews.

I can go on, and on. Season 3 the show creator’s need to step it up big time. Like I said, not only in the show, but behind the scenes (outside the show) as well.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

1) Just HOW big is this town? At times it seems like everything is a 15 min walk away. Other times it seems like it would take an hour walk to get to the other side of town.

2) wtf do people do all day? Especially in the Colony House. I was watching the same extra during the seen with that Blindside lookin nikka and Julie and they were just chilling in the bg drinking tea and talking. It seemed weird. At least in shows like TWD or Lost people had roles (Hunter, gatherer, etc) and very few people were just chilling. Some folks on this show seem like they do nothing all day.

Got to remember they farmed and talked to each other and the meat at least at least in season 1 I thought they said they just come out of the forest and that's why they were able to have bacon

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lol someone posted this on reddit talking about the frustrating/inconsistent things about the show.
Despite all the complaints this show gets, I've been watching it as a comfort show. This way i don't take it seriously. But god damn, it's hard to watch as a comfort show when constantly infuriating stuff happens like this.

• "We got to keep this quiet"- Sherrif Boyd. Okay, um... why? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU KEEP IT QUIET THAT YOU CAN KILL THESE THINGS? (ESPECIALLY WHEN THIS WHOLE SEASON HAS BEEN ABOUT PEOPLE LOSING HOPE) Do the writers just not care about consistency?
  • We're like 6 episodes in and the Wife/Victor have JUST TOLD 1 PERSON about WHERE THE CREATURES LIVE? For gods sake, YOU KNOW WHERE THEY LIVE AND YOUR NOT TELLING THE GROUP? WHY IS THE WIFE CONFIDING IN A STRANGER RATHER THAN YOUR OWN HUSBAND?
  • Why has Victor, the daughter, the kid, the sheriff NOT told anyone about TELEPORTATION TREES IN THE FORREST? Why does no one ask Victor about what he knows despite him being so experienced? Why do they not communicate things that are helpful for survival?
  • Julie tried to kiss Fatima last season. Are we not going to get any updates on this? Fatima kisses multiple people while being in a relationship, are we not going to get an update on this social standard at colony? No conflicts at all with this are shown?
  • Why does Tabitha not communicate to her family that their son is doing the same game as the monsters?
  • The sherrif literally just told Elgin not to say anything. And Elgin goes telling it to Julie and then says to Julie to not say anything. Uhh, what? Why tell her? There's no point. It's not romantic since the writers set him up with Sara, supposedly. The only consistent writing would be for Elgin to tell Sara.
  • Julie has a task of keeping watch over her brother at colony. Yet, there is no scene were she and the brother are together or being his guardian.
I'm trying to watch this in a casual manner, i really do like this show, but it's very frustrating watching this stuff sometimes lmao.
I liked the last two episodes though. Like someone else in another thread (reddit) said. From is a good show, that could be a great show. But the writers, showrunners, network heads etc be fumbling the bag. If I made a list of everything wrong in and outside the show. It would be a long list. For example, why not just make the show an Amazon Prime show? Maybe put season 1 on Netflix. I know it’s probably too late now, but they should have changed the name. You can’t even type “From” on :hamster:site’s and expect the correct show to come up. Nikkas got to search the imdb title id number and shyt. Cut that long ass intro to one verse, and a hook. Show the preview of the next episode after the credits or put them on YouTube. People in other countries are recording off screen footage of the previews.

I can go on, and on. Season 3 the show creator’s need to step it up big time. Like I said, not only in the show, but behind the scenes (outside the show) as well.
TBH I think this show was made during the transition era of Epix and FROM was just one of those projects they funded before they went under and didn't expect anything. Also yeah this show frustrates me with those plot holes but I think its intentional like those old b tier horror movies from the 80s.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Last episode was ok. But again, no answers on some Lost shyt, just more questions.

Like someone said, show had potential to be great. But putting it on MGM (or keeping it on MGM) and the writers refusing to answer basic questions makes the show feel like it’s a chore to get through if you care about it.

I just don’t like multiple lingering questions that goes unanswered for entire seasons.

Episode was decent but felt like filler stuff. There were times I wanted to fast forward certain points (anything with Victor and the kid)

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The criticism of the writers leaning on the "bad communication to create conflict" trope
is valid and one of my biggest pet peeves of most screenwriting.
It's right next to this trope
CraftyAbsoluteBactrian-max-1mb.gif
sneaky-charlie-wilson.gif

of characters hearing half of a conversation and holding a grudge without talking to the ppl they were snooping on.
We have to move past these writing crutches.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
All the criticism is fair and deserved. The fact that there's a common enemy in the monsters and people rarely seem to come together to brain dump what they've experienced, learned or seen daily is stupid and plain lazy writing. I'm also getting really fukkin tired of the Victor and little boy conversations which are literally the same 4 lines repeated each time they see each other.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps

2) wtf do people do all day? Especially in the Colony House. I was watching some extras during the scene with that Blindside lookin nikka and Julie and they were just chilling in the bg drinking tea and talking. It seemed weird. At least in shows like TWD or Lost people had roles (Hunter, gatherer, etc) and very few people were just chilling. Some folks on this show seem like they do nothing all day.

3) Just how many Talismans are there? :dwillhuh: what would happen if there wasn’t enough to go around?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
that Brazilian girl just been Irkin the shyt out of me.

Show feels like its really trying to bide time until some big reveal at the finale. Only thing we learned this entire episode was the blindside kid had a dream and them extracting bile.

Asian dude is also starting to annoy me now. He acts like a 14 year old

Daps
that Brazilian girl just been Irkin the shyt out of me.

Show feels like its really trying to bide time until some big reveal at the finale. Only thing we learned this entire episode was the blindside kid had a dream and them extracting bile.

Asian dude is also starting to annoy me now. He acts like a 14 year old

You can tell he had no friends, and never had a girlfriend before. Now, he gets to be one of the cool kids, and just lost his girl to her girl.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You can tell he had no friends, and never had a girlfriend before. Now, he gets to be one of the cool kids, and just lost his girl to her girl.

He was walking around the entire first season like

carl-grimes.jpg

Now every episode he keeps throwing hissy fits. Like nikka go somewhere we trying to manifest these magic bullets and you in here crying about it being dangerous