From (Sci fi horror on Epix/MGM Plus)

Daps
E3 was filler but I'm enjoying every bit of this season. I'm a sucker for this kind of premise. Been going down the From Reddit rabbit hole lately with some interesting theories. Hopefully they adopt the best one and just make the best of it and stop lollygagging like Lost did.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
So far season 2 isn’t hitting like season 1. It’s not bad, it’s good, but I’m beginning to to get tired of them not giving us any answers. Like I said in a previous post. I think by the end of season 2. We’ll be saying it’s better binged than watched weekly. I think they’re kind of building up for the finale which will most likely have many answers. But breh, what about the other nine episodes? I could be wrong though.

And why don’t everyone talk to each other and exchange information about the things they see? They’re beginning to do tropes and stuff like that.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Episode 3 was 99% filler:beli:
New character lives through an impossible pierce to the head, and is responsive
Me: :ohhh: Maybe she’s special. She looks like she was placed there very strategically. Surely they introduced this character at the end of the last episode because she’s going to be important.

Boyd pulls unicorn horn from her head, and she dies.

Me: Well fukk me, I guess :mjgrin:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
EMT chick cuter this season. Don't know if I'd call that filler, we got a lot of great character moments and fuel for drama. shyt with Kelly was brutal.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
New character lives through an impossible pierce to the head, and is responsive
Me: :ohhh: Maybe she’s special. She looks like she was placed there very strategically. Surely they introduced this character at the end of the last episode because she’s going to be important.

Boyd pulls unicorn horn from her head, and she dies.

Me: Well fukk me, I guess :mjgrin:

I halfway thought that Boyd would cut himself and the bugs in his blood would transfer over to ol girl while he as pulling the rod out and then she would make a recovery down the line

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I liked the episode due to some strong character moments but I agree it feels like a clock is ticking and the lack of answers is a problem. There's this clear practice of episodes featuring some type of mini crisis or dramatic event that sucks up most of the runtime and narrative focus. So even characters who may be able to advance the plot get sidelined or brief moments. For instance outside of the first scene with his son, Boyd had virtually no time to talk about shyt. We waited for Victor to get back to town and react to the photo and it was a brief, minor moment; I'm sure he'll say something later on though. Tabitha mentions the wires don't go anywhere, Jim kind of tries to check for himself before getting distracted.

It's making me think back to Lost S2, which felt far more noteworthy plot wise in those first eps. Right off the bat you saw what was in the hatch, who was in the hatch, learned his story etc. One clear Lost trope we're seeing is the buildup of coincidences that seem important but probably are meaningless and don't get mentioned again. Which end up just being another odd thing that gets screen time instead of advancing the plot.

Jim and the others heard someone on that radio at the end of S1 yet there's been zero discussion about that. Who was it? Did Boyd run in to any one? Lots of stuff to discuss. And now that Sara is back...does anyone expect her to say anything next ep? I'm expecting another town crisis that sucks up most of the time, Sara says she doesn't remember anything, or gives cryptic comments, and we end on another cliff hanger.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I halfway thought that Boyd would cut himself and the bugs in his blood would transfer over to ol girl while he as pulling the rod out and then she would make a recovery down the line

Those bugs must have been the only thing keeping the chained dude alive. He did say he's been there for a while and I bet that Boyd's early Parkinson issues will be "solved" now that the bugs are in him. Also, interesting that the creatures didn't seem to notice Boyd in the forest after he left the dungeon and was transported back to the woods - I don't think he hid particularly well, I think they genuinely didn't notice him or the bugs allow for travel without being noticed by the creatures.

WHO'S DOG IS THAT? :damn:

Daps
Show has high upside, but they can't keep this slow pace as if on a big network. If anything, they should've created a bigger buzz with an almost lighting pace but I digress.