From a breh that just finished "The Wire" for the first time: My thoughts

Daps
He was second in command, what choice did they have? That's like in school you're not gonna disrespect your subsitute teacher cos your main teacher will come down on you for that.

There's subtle hints that the crew was tolerating him. Case in point when he had them raising their hands they show the part when Poot and that big bodyguard dude exchanged looks and shook their heads. Then a minute later Poot gets up and says does the chair know they're gonna look like some punk ass bytches out here. He would have never come at Avon like that.

Avon was sonning Stringer the whole season (at times in front of them I might add) because he was more or less expressing how they all felt but couldn't say.

Avon sonned Stringer definitely especially after he found out about him having D killed. He was angry about that.

And over time the crew would have grown to disrespect Stringer. We see an example when String is trying to get Slim Charles to go after Clay Davis and even before Avon interrupted, Slim was like nah.

If the Barksdale org hadn't gotten taken down when it did, Avon would have fully reasserted control and had them looking at String funny style

But it never got to that point is what I'm saying

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
And Marlo's name didn't ring out in the streets the way Barksdale did. Marlo went that hard because while he had the crown of king and the fear thst it brings, he got none of the love and respect Avon got. Marlo's insecurity is a big part of his characters hollow victory at the end of season 5, by all appearances he's made it, connect sold fot 10mm, he's out the game, but he still gets tried by rando nikkas who don't know him or heard of him. Plus, no fukking love for Bodie?
Those same random nikkas were praising Omar too, to let the audience know his name still reigned even after his death....which is what drew Marlo to them in the first place.

That was let us know that Marlo can indeed hold his own if it came down to it with Omar.

Daps
Those same random nikkas were praising Omar too, to let the audience know his name still reigned even after his death....which is what drew Marlo to them in the first place.

That was let us know that Marlo can indeed hold his own if it came down to it with Omar.

Yeah it was bogus that we never got to see Omar and Marlo go at it.

And now I'm finding out that we didnt cause the show got cancelled smh

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
First time I ever anyone and I mean ANYONE complain about the accents in the show :dahell:

fukk is he talking about

And Wood Harris killed his role :stopitslime:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
D's suicide was made to look like an accident -- autoerotic asphyxiation.

No one thought he hung himself from a doorknob to kill himself. They thought he was trying to choke himself while masturbating, and accidentally killed himself.

Daps
D's suicide was made to look like an accident -- autoerotic asphyxiation.

No one thought he hung himself from a doorknob to kill himself. They thought he was trying to choke himself while masturbating, and accidentally killed himself.

That was NEVER said on the show breh :dame:

You just adding in your homoeroticisms where you see fit huh :dame:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
You don't fully appreciate this show and the intricacies of everything, including S2 until you rewatch it a few times. I guarantee you there are plenty of things you missed. Also s4 is in contention of the greatest season of a show ever and you hardly mentioned anything about it.

Daps
You don't fully appreciate this show and the intricacies of everything, including S2 until you rewatch it a few times. I guarantee you there are plenty of things you missed. Also s4 is in contention of the greatest season of a show ever and you hardly mentioned anything about it.

I did mention s4 when I was talking about the schools and Marlo. S4 was tight from the theme sung by the boys choir to the whole viewpoint from the school system. Plus it's the season where you see the most character growth from McNulty. Also the season where Carcetti and Royce are going at it while Clay Davis is in the background taxing ERRBODY :pachaha:

Read my post again. Nearly all the things I mentioned I like happen in s4.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Nah breh. That fool Ziggy, drunk ducks, Valchek and a church? Nah breh

Speaking of Ziggy, they didnt sell his murder scene

I'm supposed to believe this goofy mentally challenged cac is capable of taking out greek soldiers?

Nah
I’m going to question if you even watched the show or just watched YouTube clips and guessed the rest of the story . Zig didn’t take out single Greek . Gleckus was a middleman who never out in work . Also the Greeks weren’t Greek . They were Russian and Albanian. They put in the work. The Greek himself was Israeli.
You also said sell Zigs death. He never died but went to prison for life. He didn’t die offscreen either. Also you made up the whole Discipline thing. Avon was a terrible leader , in season one alone Bird is a heron junkie too stupid throw away a murder weapon used on multiple high profile hits. You didn’t mention the party they had for Stink where they got high and ended up killing one of Orlando girls. These disciplined soldiers got so wasted it ended costing Stink his life since he was so wasted from the previous night he got caught slipping by Omar. Avon so dumb to take a 911 call from Bey after he just left Orlando club to get cheese fries he don’t get he being set up. Also neither him or String figured out Prop Joe played him and whole crew by removing him from the towers. He lost real estate but gained money but didn’t take care of his soldiers like Shorty Boyd who cleaned his whole act up. Or nobody to help out Eggy Mule who got locked up or a pistol.

Last edited:
Daps
I’m going to question if you even watched the show or just watched YouTube clips and guessed the rest of the story . Zig didn’t take out single Greek . Gleckus was a middleman who never out in work . Also the Greeks weren’t Greek . They were Russian and Albanian. They put in the work. The Greek himself was Israeli.
You also said sell Zigs death. He never died but went to prison for life. He didn’t die offscreen either.

I said Zigs murder scene meaning the scene where he took ole boy out. And I dont remember them saying specifically that they were Israeli. They simply said they weren't greek. I dont remember there being a reveal of their nationality