From a breh that just finished "The Wire" for the first time: My thoughts

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
They didn't last no four years I don't know what show dude is watching. :heh:
Obviously you didn’t watch the show. Look at the files Lester pulls out. In season 3 they were already established. Marlo was already a player with real estate and muscle to back it up. That war and the investigation into Barksdale took a whole year. Remember, Colvin set up Hamsterdam and then brought in a medical team to treat people after it was done. In the comstat briefings they had it took 3 months not to mention if looked at Tommy election run, that was all in a years time. Season 4 starts and the Barksdale crew is no more. Slim is with Joe and when Poot comes home he says he did 15 months.

During this period , Marlo joins the coop and runs the NY boys out. He sets up Omar on a murder that he gets locked up for , Bunk goes to investigate it and gets him free, that takes a few months.
Season 5

Marlo laid low because of all the bodies found in the vacants, now they getting back to work . This was a 4 year period.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Avon was a BRILLIANT leader, I don't see how he was unconvincing. His reputation preceded him, plus his family was known in the streets for decades. His name and reputation spread and far and wide so he didn't need to be on some rah rah kill everything that moves shyt. He had the respect of everybody - even Marlo had no choice but to go through him to get to the Greeks.

Stringer was second in command and we see how that worked out in Season 3....that's why Avon was lowkey demoting him and probably would have got Slim Charles to be in second place eventually. Stringer didn't give off boss vibes like that and the crew was only tolerating him because they had to. You can't be a leader if you don't even know how to read people.

Marlo may have appeared more ruthless and fearsome but that's exactly why him and his crew didn't last long. He couldn't see the bigger picture and only thought short term.

This dude breaks Stringer's character down brilliantly and proves my point.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Oh shyt u right the killer just put D's hands in his pants for no reason.

Breh nobody masterbates through their pocket. :gucci: this is a TV-MA series, if they wanted to imply that they would've pulled his pants down or something.

He put his hands in his pocket because when you hang yourself you need to put your hands away to help fight the instinctual temptation to save yourself by pulling on the rope and shyt. its a common move suicidal people do.