Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

RasNas

Pro
Daps
Album did 18.9k first week and debuted at 21 on the Billboard 200. Gibbs seems happy with his numbers.

I don't know what cats expected. Gibbs, even signed to a major, is still an underground artist. Madlib is not a mainstream producer. There wasn't 50 songs on the album, to cheat code their way to better numbers. There wasn't a dumb ass meme or viral "challenge" to help them out, either. They dropped a cohesive album in an era where people are throwing out random songs, calling it an album, and hoping at least 2-3 of them are hit records. This is about what I thought he'd do.

Fred.

I saw the billboard position now thats dope but I haven't found any source for the first week sales. Where did you see that?

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I saw the billboard position now thats dope but I haven't found any source for the first week sales. Where did you see that?

Gibbs IG story from yesterday. And he said "all this with no radio play, no hit record, etc. Believe in yourself" which is why I said he seems happy with how it performed.

Fred.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
This album is fire. Piñata took about a month to grow on me but I love this album straight out the gate. Madlib really diversified his production on this album and Gibbs did his thing as usual. The second half of “Half Manne, Half Cocaine” :wow:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Fukk with Mister K, put ya face on one of them picture chains
Sugar Ray the fade or go John Wick with the pistol game
Bytch ain't crack the safe, got his moms hit with the pistol grip
Move like the Yakuza - set trip, we clippin off fingertips
BYTCH!!
- Freddie Gibbs (Half Manne Half Cocaine)

Gibbs channeled prime 50 on the 2nd half
0403606be61ad45bc52149be02444d42.png
full

giphy.gif