Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

Superstar
Daps
Top three after a week:

1. Cataracts (this that sunrise to a new day type of music)
2. Situations (this that sideway type of music, feels like your vision should be swaying type of music)
3. Fake Names (sit and think hard about what you need type of music, second half's the find your peace type of music).

Can't remember loving another album like this for 2019.

The melodies are very mature in this joint...this that grown man type of vibe. No self- doubt, no self-loathing, just understanding.

It legit hurt when the beat switched on “cataracts” lol.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
After further review I still have to give the edge to Pinata. Both brothas still showed out though like I said before. Freddie was consistent if not better than before. However Madlib was a bit more impressive on Pinata imo.

Thuggin is still Gibbs greatest song
Probably my favorite rap song ever
The lyrics :wow:
The beat:wow:
How can a song so ugly sound so good:mjcry:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I said earlier in the thread, there was a few songs Gibbs played that didn't make the cut for "Fetti", either.

Fred.
Say what?!

I remember seeing all Currensy post this and all 4 or 5 joints teased here made it on the EP so I assumed nothing got left off.

In the interview with Bootleg Kev he said he got way better records that he didn't put on Bandana but they'll be on the 3rd joint with Madlib for sure

6:30

I hate when artists do that man. If you got it just put it out :noah: Give us that John Gotti Karate

Edit: let me rephrase. It annoys me when artists say shot like that. Put your best foot forward when you release a project. If you really think some of your best material isn’t on what you’re giving us, we don’t need to know. I love Gibbs and Madlib big it’s lame to get hit with the ole “if you loved this you should hear our really good shyt that’ll be out sometime later on.”

Last edited:

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Codeine got me passin' out :dead:
Kron, mix it with cranberry:sas1:
Tryna see what that about :sas2:
'Member we hit that lick and tied up them Crips in that Atlanta house :myman:
Had to smoke that nikka that came along with us 'cause he was gon' rat us out :ufdup:
Seem like my actions was devil sent, I can't sympathize :mjpls:
fukk Generation X, this generation genocide :demonic:
Your social stat make you fantasize about a homicide :what:
To me, the God Allah is the Black man personified :blessed:
Anticipatin' and killin' my own, in search of wealth :mjcry:
Should he come knockin' at the door of your home, you know, we don't fear death :youngsabo:
Knew the Lord was in the room when my daughter took her first breath :gladbron:
Cold turkey on the dope, had to gain the knowledge of self :obama:
- Freddie Gibbs (Cataracts)

John Mexico

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Henderson, NV
I could swore this was a step up from pinata...

And then I listened to pinata again today lol. That album ended strong as fukk, notably Shame.

I just want another album already. Classic after classic.

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
The only thing I'm mad at is that not more people are supporting this masterpiece. Over a week later and most songs don't even got a million streams on spotify

There's only so much you can do.

I bought the vinyl twice.
Regular
And directors cut edition.

There's only so much a true fan can do.

Daps
There's only so much you can do.

I bought the vinyl twice.
Regular
And directors cut edition.

There's only so much a true fan can do.

Just pre ordered the rappcats edition double vinyl.

Two records – the LP and a bonus LP – individually packaged in two different sleeves. The bonus LP is the Madlib Invazion version of the album cut to vinyl early this Spring. While the actual track list remains the same on both versions, the Rappcats bonus LP can be looked at as Madlib’s “Director’s Cut.” This LP and its unique sleeve are exclusive to Rappcats and will not be presented in any other formats or repressed