Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

El negrito de tejas

Fukk the govt I got my own Deficit
Daps
Reppin
The country of myself
Just pre ordered the rappcats edition double vinyl.

Two records – the LP and a bonus LP – individually packaged in two different sleeves. The bonus LP is the Madlib Invazion version of the album cut to vinyl early this Spring. While the actual track list remains the same on both versions, the Rappcats bonus LP can be looked at as Madlib’s “Director’s Cut.” This LP and its unique sleeve are exclusive to Rappcats and will not be presented in any other formats or repressed

I didn't want to open the directors cut unless I had to.
That's why I bought a separate regular version.

I hope him and Madlib come to Texas though during their tour. I'd pay good money to see them in concert

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Codeine got me passin' out :dead:
Kron, mix it with cranberry:sas1:
Tryna see what that about :sas2:
'Member we hit that lick and tied up them Crips in that Atlanta house :myman:
Had to smoke that nikka that came along with us 'cause he was gon' rat us out :ufdup:
Seem like my actions was devil sent, I can't sympathize :mjpls:
fukk Generation X, this generation genocide :demonic:
Your social stat make you fantasize about a homicide :what:
To me, the God Allah is the Black man personified :blessed:
Anticipatin' and killin' my own, in search of wealth :mjcry:
Should he come knockin' at the door of your home, you know, we don't fear death :youngsabo:
Knew the Lord was in the room when my daughter took her first breath :gladbron:
Cold turkey on the dope, had to gain the knowledge of self :obama:
- Freddie Gibbs (Cataracts)

That's the best song on the album and might be my favorite Gibbs song, all time.

The only minor complaint I have (besides the beat switch, but I can live with that) is it feels like it should've been the last song on the album. Between the reference to cataracts and getting fat it seem like he's washed up at some point in the future and reminiscing on the good ol days.

For some odd reason the song reminds me of De La Soul's "Sunshine". No idea why. I just get the same vibe from both of them.

Fred.

Last edited:

aloebeats

Pro
Daps
Just pre ordered the rappcats edition double vinyl.

Two records – the LP and a bonus LP – individually packaged in two different sleeves. The bonus LP is the Madlib Invazion version of the album cut to vinyl early this Spring. While the actual track list remains the same on both versions, the Rappcats bonus LP can be looked at as Madlib’s “Director’s Cut.” This LP and its unique sleeve are exclusive to Rappcats and will not be presented in any other formats or repressed

This right here.
Fukk a streaming service,this is rare fine art.
Freddie & Madlib is the duo we need.

The tracks blend better on the Director's Cut
It sound like an old Madlib beat tape

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only thing I'm mad at is that not more people are supporting this masterpiece. Over a week later and most songs don't even got a million streams on spotify

Album did 18.9k first week and debuted at 21 on the Billboard 200. Gibbs seems happy with his numbers.

I don't know what cats expected. Gibbs, even signed to a major, is still an underground artist. Madlib is not a mainstream producer. There wasn't 50 songs on the album, to cheat code their way to better numbers. There wasn't a dumb ass meme or viral "challenge" to help them out, either. They dropped a cohesive album in an era where people are throwing out random songs, calling it an album, and hoping at least 2-3 of them are hit records. This is about what I thought he'd do.

Fred.

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Album did 18.9k first week and debuted at 21 on the Billboard 200. Gibbs seems happy with his numbers.

I don't know what cats expected. Gibbs, even signed to a major, is still an underground artist. Madlib is not a mainstream producer. There wasn't 50 songs on the album, to cheat code their way to better numbers. There wasn't a dumb ass meme or viral "challenge" to help them out, either. They dropped a cohesive album in an era where people are throwing out random songs, calling it an album, and hoping at least 2-3 of them are hit records. This is about what I thought he'd do.

Fred.

I read your sig (bold) in Gibbs voice :obama:

• Dap
Reactions: hex