Freddie Gibbs & Madlib - Bandana (Discussion Thread)

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
In the interview with Bootleg Kev he said he got way better records that he didn't put on Bandana but they'll be on the 3rd joint with Madlib

6:30

Oh ok.

Yeah I seen that interview. I thought he said something about that specific song in a new interview or something.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
WHY YA’LL TELL ME THIS shyt WAS A CLASSIC!!!?!?!??!?! GOD DAMN THIS shyt IS INCREDIBLE

I been talking about this album since 2016 breh.
YH84LUO.png

Fred.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Won’t front but never been a big Gibbs fan. Listened to a couple of tracks here and there but never entire project. But this shyt here is a classic. Gonna check the rest of his catalogue.

Is Madlib releasing these instrumentals ?
This x1000. Why can’t the outro on Crime Pays not be longer. That shyt sounds so clean and hits hard in the foreign :noah:

Last edited:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Top three after a week:

1. Cataracts (this that sunrise to a new day type of music)
2. Situations (this that sideway type of music, feels like your vision should be swaying type of music)
3. Fake Names (sit and think hard about what you need type of music, second half's the find your peace type of music).

Can't remember loving another album like this for 2019.

The melodies are very mature in this joint...this that grown man type of vibe. No self- doubt, no self-loathing, just understanding.