Foundation Season 2 - Apple TV (David Goyer/July 14, 2023)

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Ngl I kinda like Tellem's philosophy with the little animals and pain. Hober's mission failing was kinda unexpected but I'm sure Seldon planned for it to go that way or something. We'll find out later that he just needed to seed the idea of Spacer independence for later, some shyt like that.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

:patrice: THEY KILLED OFF
THE ONLY 2 BLACK MALE CHARACTERS
IN SEASON 1....

AND BOTH OF THE BLACK MALE
CHARACTERS IN SEASON 2
HAVE NASTY ASS SCARS ON THEIR FACES.

:devil:
:evil:

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
It's rare these days that a show makes you want to go read the books from which it was sourced. This is definitely one of those shows.

I agree, but imo the book is a bit of a letdown after watching the show. I’m not completely done with the first book but it’s a bit of chore to get through for me. It’s been like one big exposition dump without a whole lot going on so far.

I can see why they felt this would be a difficult to adapt to television because there isn’t really character building, not much action but I’ll reserve my actual book judgement until I’m done.

I’m sure if I read the book first and watched the show after I would feel differently. Probably because there is no genetic dynasty in the book and that’s one of my favorite aspects of the show

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I agree, but imo the book is a bit of a letdown after watching the show. I’m not completely done with the first book but it’s a bit of chore to get through for me. It’s been like one big exposition dump without a whole lot going on so far.

I can see why they felt this would be a difficult to adapt to television because there isn’t really character building, not much action but I’ll reserve my actual book judgement until I’m done.

I’m sure if I read the book first and watched the show after I would feel differently. Probably because there is no genetic dynasty in the book and that’s one of my favorite aspects of the show
The books are hard science fiction. Asimov was hella nerdy. I feel like the changes make the shyt more palatable to TV watching

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Damn good episode , got a whole lot of answers with this one. Now we see the difference between the timeline on Ignus and Terminus how the Hober Mallow on the vault thing came through. Loved the execution scene on Trantor, it’s Hardly anything better than when Day on his King shyt. And of course Dawn and Dusk realizing who really runs shyt with Empire.
I held out some hope that Tellem would be helpful but that ended with this episode. I wondered if she was telling the truth about calling out to Gaal on Synnax? Sets up for a fire couple of last episodes I hope they can get it right but they’ve been way more on point this season compared to the last one so I’m looking forward to them

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Nice little twist with Tellem, I dug that. I just love how in the end, Hari was right again. You can't trust someone who can so easily manipulate your mind or yourself around them.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
:francis::whew:

The underlying premise on this is pretty wild. A narcissistic king falls in love with an AI bot, knows she'll live nigh forever, decides to leave her his imperium and have her rule it from the shadows to give her purpose for all her days, and devises a cloning system for himself at various stages of his life to remind her of him always.

Which, judging by the megalomania prevalent in so many royal lines, is very much on brand. If they could do it, they would.

Which doesn't bode well AT ALL for the coming explosion of AI everything.

Great show.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN
DERMEZELS BEST INTEREST
TO LET DAY GET KILLED
AT THE START OF THE SEASON
SINCE THIS CORRUPTED CLONE
WANTS TO END THE CLONING LINEAGE.

WHY DID SHE SAVE HIM?
:devil:
:evil:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I was iffy on the first season but something about this season. This is actually good stuff.
This season is much better so far. Feel like there's a lot less Salvor which is good and everything else is more exciting/stakes feels bigger. The empire shyt was probably the best stuff in s1 and it might be even more interesting. I like the stuff with the priest and hober mallow too.