Forza Horizon Community thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I’ve clicked co-op or VS race a couple times, and every time I just wait a couple minutes until I get no one then I select solo race.

Not a big deal to me as I prefer to play solo, But it definitely seems the online needs some work
I feel you to an extent but at the same time, that sounds like something I'd usually hear from the Sony stan brehs on the Coli.

It's cool that you prefer solo but a momentum killing and frustrating UI will turn into a SERIOUS drop of player base which can have severe implications for the support for this version of Horizon.

------------------------------------------

@Stir Fry What's your gamertag? Mine is DPresidential. Add me, breh.
I will say that it is fun as fukk to play Solo but... they can't be so disrespectful to PvP players.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I feel you to an extent but at the same time, that sounds like something I'd usually hear from the Sony stan brehs on the Coli.

It's cool that you prefer solo but a momentum killing and frustrating UI will turn into a SERIOUS drop of player base which can have severe implications for the support for this version of Horizon.

I will say that it is fun as fukk to play Solo but... they can't be so disrespectful to PvP players.
Hey I wasn’t trying to diminish the issues:whoa:

I agree it sucks. I was just giving my experience as I was already solo so selecting solo as I’ve always done in FH games wasn’t a big deal to me.

You are correct a large portion of the “improvements” for this year surround around multiplayer, so if that shyt ain’t right, they dropped the ball. Hopefully they listen to fan feedback and fix it soon.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

My gamertag stirfry220. You can probably find me in the gmb_ squad list. I'm a member.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can you play this and get by fine by just doing auto tuneups and whatnot? I really don't care for all the specific tuning options and rather just have a car, occasionally do a auto upgrade and race. I get overwhelmed when there's all these options and shyt and it makes me feel like I'm short changing myself if I don't upgrade my rotors or steering rod or w/e.

Also does the game get harder? I didn't touch the difficulty settings but so far every race has been a breeze. I just got to Autumn and was given a house.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Can you play this and get by fine by just doing auto tuneups and whatnot? I really don't care for all the specific tuning options and rather just have a car, occasionally do a auto upgrade and race. I get overwhelmed when there's all these options and shyt and it makes me feel like I'm short changing myself if I don't upgrade my rotors or steering rod or w/e.

Also does the game get harder? I didn't touch the difficulty settings but so far every race has been a breeze. I just got to Autumn and was given a house.

The cars in their stock forms are actually a lot of fun. I've actually reverted some of mine back to their default settings several times already tbh. You can adjust the difficulty in the settings menu.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Yea, the tuning was not my thing at all until Forza 7 and I've always wanted to get into it...now ImI addicted to trying to mold the right tune.

That being said, the game is just as enjoyable without ever worrying and just doing auto upgrade or just stock.

As @Stir Fry said, there is definitely a difficulty setting that's adjustable. I'll add, consider using the cockpit camera for a WAY more immersive and - at first - challenging experience. I'm at a point where it's so enjoyable that I don't enjoy any other camera.

I'd also suggest removing the brake lines and various assists.

For me, I've been playing with only Anti-Lock Brakes but yesterday, I even took that off and have a 105% difficulty bonus.

It feels amazing trying to tame the cars and the driving mechanics/science.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Forza horizon works pretty much however you want it to.

Want more/less difficulty? Adjust the difficulty settings

Want to play with stock cars, go ahead.

Want to mess around with upgrades and tuning to shave milliseconds off our lap times? Have fun.

Only time upgrades and tuning are really important is in online play and trying to top the leaderboards, if you aren’t trying to do that then just play how you want to

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
What's everyone's choice of transmission and driving view?

I always run manual with with bumper view (cockpit, no other visuals except gps)

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
What's everyone's choice of transmission and driving view?

I always run manual with with bumper view (cockpit, no other visuals)
Manual with Clutch.

Cockpit.

No HUD except for GPS map.

---------
Stir, you going to be on in an hour? We could run some races and co-op.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'm on right now, but got some friends coming over in 20 minutes or so
Aight, if not in a little, definitely later, breh.:salute:

Side note: I've started trying to obey a rule to NOT go over the max PI (number next to the class type e.g. S1 899 for those who aren't familiar) to challenge myself to make unique upgrades instead of just max upgrading everything.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

Is your gamertag DPresidential?

I'm looking at the gmb_ roster and I see someone named Presidential SP