Forza Horizon 3 aka "The Goat Racer" Official Thread

qwerty_jones

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Game runs good on PC not great. I got it running on two PC's

PC with GTX 970 - I can run it at 1080P medium settings 60 fps
Laptop with GTX960M - I can run it at everything low to get 60 fps still playable

Overall great game!

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I decided I'm done playing X1 exclusives on PC.

Upscaled 4K OLED HDR with no technical problems = win in my book

MS games just have too many problems on PC. I'm done with trying to play them on PC. They're almost all shytty ports. Unless it's on Steam (like ROTR and Quantum Break), I ain't fukking with it on PC.

Win10 store games :camby:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I decided I'm done playing X1 exclusives on PC.

Upscaled 4K OLED HDR with no technical problems = win in my book

MS games just have too many problems on PC. I'm done with trying to play them on PC. They're almost all shytty ports. Unless it's on Steam (like ROTR and Quantum Break), I ain't fukking with it on PC.

Win10 store games :camby:
Windows store is crappy.
Playing on a GTX 1080, 16GB DDR4 and an i7-5820K at 1080p

I got drops below 30FPS yesterday

dear lord please help me.
"The game is fine guys just upgrade your PC it's below recommendations." :camby:

Anyway there's apatch tomorrow for PC

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Today we will launch the latest content update for Forza Horizon 3 on both Xbox One and Windows 10. We expect this update will go live around 10 a.m. Pacific. This latest update also includes numerous improvements for both the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of Forza Horizon 3. These improvements include:

Windows 10
- Fixed a performance issue on Windows 10 that caused stuttering with high or unlocked framerates on certain hardware configurations
- Improved stability on Windows 10
- Disable mouse move detection while driving
- The Windows 10 video options screen will no longer ask users to save when no changes have been made

- Additional options have been added to the Windows 10 Advanced Controller Menu. These include:
o Steering wheel sensitivity
o Invert Force Feedback
o Centre spring scale
o Damping scale
- Fixed a problem where pre-order cars and the Halo Warthog were not appearing in the Windows 10 version of the game for some players

Wheel Improvements
- Logitech G27 is now registered correctly on Windows 10, so the correct default mapping will be applied
- All wheels with enough buttons have had the horn added to their default mappings on Windows 10
- Fix to dead zones for acceleration and braking axes on wheels
- Default mappings for all TX Racing Wheel variants
- Fixed a bug where custom input mappings would not save successfully

General Improvements
- The Social and Rivals tabs will now unlock for players with Xbox Live Silver accounts
- Fixed a bug where the racing line would sometimes disappear
- Controller hot swapping is now available. Players can switch between controllers/their keyboard whenever they choose (including the wheel)
- Various content fixes for cars

In addition to the fixes above arriving with today’s update, the teams at Playground and Turn 10 are working on addressing further known issues in Forza Horizon 3 including force feedback and wheel support, general stability and performance, and more. Look for more details on these improvements in the future.
Forza Horizon 3 10/4/16 Update Release Notes - Forza Motorsport Forums

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
All I know is, that Gears better run like a champ on my PC... I ain't trying to hear no noise about having issues like Forza in a week's time
:beli:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Best exclusive of this gen and I'm team Sony. Sorry UC4 and Bloodborne

I think about this game all day at work. Not being productive at all smh :sadcam:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I see a slight improvement after the patch.

The Ocean View Trail Exhibition race near the beach which is always my testing zone for frame drops performed better after the patch. Usually as soon as the race starts, my framerates drops to like 23~26fps and then goes back to 30 under the cave, and then drops right before you drive up the little ramp to get on the main road to which it stays at 30fps for the remainder the race. This time, the race started and the fps only dropped to 29fps for a split second and then it stayed at 30fps for the rest of that area which usually drops again and then goes back up.

I still get a little input lag though which is really my main problem.

My specs:

I5 4690K 4.4GHZ Overclock
8GB Ram
3GB R9 280 1101MHz Core Clock 1500HZ Memory Clock

I updated the game, and then I did the reset app thing in the settings menu of Windows. I then started the game and the game told me low preset at 1280x960 was recommended lol.

But still, the input lag makes this game not fun. :beli:

Last edited: