games Fortnite Battle Royale (Official Thread)

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
seeing sypher and nick get screwed because of bad drops just makes me wonder when will they do something for the competitive side of the game

MMA

Superstar
Daps
seeing sypher and nick get screwed because of bad drops just makes me wonder when will they do something for the competitive side of the game
This game between Ninja/King Rich and Nick/Syph is amazing. I'm currently watching 14 streams :russ:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
This game between Ninja/King Rich and Nick/Syph is amazing. I'm currently watching 14 streams :russ:

i just have the hardest time agreeing with competitive when there's so much out of your control that can go wrong.

i'll be happy when the playground drops though. i need the practice because i'd love to try my hand at this stuff and my building is still a bit sloppy, i refuse to even try unless my shyt feels on point. me and a friend have been doing duo no fill squads and honestly it hasn't been too bad so im interested

MMA

Superstar
Daps
i just have the hardest time agreeing with competitive when there's so much out of your control that can go wrong.

i'll be happy when the playground drops though. i need the practice because i'd love to try my hand at this stuff and my building is still a bit sloppy, i refuse to even try unless my shyt feels on point. me and a friend have been doing duo no fill squads and honestly it hasn't been too bad so im interested
The unpredictability and how you play it with strategy is what makes it most fun to watch or play.

I don't know how they will make it more fair for players involved, too many scenarios involved.
Yeah it's best to learn how to play teams in duos. I'm pretty alright myself but took a large break between dec-march

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
The unpredictability and how you play it with strategy is what makes it most fun to watch or play.

I don't know how they will make it more fair for players involved, too many scenarios involved.
Yeah it's best to learn how to play teams in duos. I'm pretty alright myself but took a large break between dec-march

Which I understand, and it's fine for the most part until let's say that unpredictability costs a game because you couldn't grab enough kills either from a bad loot drop or no one happened to land where you land (i've had games lately where Pleasant Park was EMPTY shyt was wild) so that just makes me concerns me a bit. I mean clearly it's not a big deal since look how far it's came and it's only gonna get bigger and more involved but it's always something I couldn't ignore and I could imagine someone like Myth especially after today making a huge deal if he got screwed when something was really really huge on the line.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I was saying ninja and richard were the best team last week. They were just overthinking and doing dumb shot. kept splitting up and even when they split they were going into 1 v 4 fights all crazy. This week they played smart and stayed together. They can get an easy 15 kills a game playing together.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
apparently console is included, as well

you can play tournaments on console. check out UMG and check mate gaming

Fortnite: Battle Royale Tournaments - XBOX ONE - CheckMate Gaming

the way it’s done is, if you’re playing 1v1 or 2v2 is you join a squad or duo with your opponent.. who ever gets the most kills wins. if it’s tied, it’s who stays alive the longest. there’s some rules, like you can’t sabotage your opponent.. like destroy their build. you can draw attention and bait players to kill your opponent or sit back and allow your opponent to get knocked or killed to have the alive advantage to get more kills

These friday tourneys aren't real pro play though. But I hope the real pro tourneys takes some things from these Friday tourneys. They need to give points for Kills. No one wants to watch a campfest. I say like 2 points per kill. And like 10 points for a win. But also givie bonus benchmarks for getting a certain amount off kills plus a win. So 10 kills plus a win gives you an extra 5 points or something. Best of 5.

I could do this, thing is i think the Pros are PC Gamers
Nah this shyt is too big to exclude consoles. All the celebrities play on console and you're going to want to get them involved someway. Epic is also putting up $100 million in tourney prizes. They're not giving that all to PC.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps

thing is..

ninja has had bad drops just getting a pistol and bodied 6 kids with it. i’ve landed places like pleasant dog house could only find a common pistol or revolver in that entire house and knocked 3 kids or knocked one, thirsted him and grabbed his shotty and killed his boys. :yeshrug:

i’ve killed someone close range with a revolver and they had a blue pump

dropping is the worst part of the game but especially when you drop tilted that’s to be expected. whenever i drop tilted and i don’t get a shotty off rip or a sub i pretty much expect to get bodied :yeshrug:

that’s the risk you take and apart of the game. it’s kidna why the game is so addictive because the adrenaline that comes with dropping, having to land before someone else and getting a gun asap

yeah the loot can be annoying and is pure luck but us fortnite players know this and there are ways to work around it. yesterday my drop at pleasant was really bad, i was way too high because i didn’t dive soon enough and there was 5 other squads there. i had to divert to motel, loot fast and get out of dodge to go help my squad. we ended up winning that game, too.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
thing is..

ninja has had bad drops just getting a pistol and bodied 6 kids with it. i’ve landed places like pleasant dog house could only find a common pistol or revolver in that entire house and knocked 3 kids or knocked one, thirsted him and grabbed his shotty and killed his boys. :yeshrug:

i’ve killed someone close range with a revolver and they had a blue pump

dropping is the worst part of the game but especially when you drop tilted that’s to be expected. whenever i drop tilted and i don’t get a shotty off rip or a sub i pretty much expect to get bodied :yeshrug:

that’s the risk you take and apart of the game. it’s kidna why the game is so addictive because the adrenaline that comes with dropping, having to land before someone else and getting a gun asap

yeah the loot can be annoying and is pure luck but us fortnite players know this and there are ways to work around it. yesterday my drop at pleasant was really bad, i was way too high because i didn’t dive soon enough and there was 5 other squads there. i had to divert to motel, loot fast and get out of dodge to go help my squad. we ended up winning that game, too.

yeah it's just a personal hang-up I got. i'm not used to RNG affecting my gameplay outside of RPG's lol. there are good opinions here and are correct that it's fun and can definitely be outplayed. I would just be very bothered if i was in a tournament and someone had won because things just "worked out in their favor". it's something i know i have to ignore since this game isn't going anywhere and i enjoy being competitive. and once you get past the drop like you said skill becomes very consistent.

NotaPAWG

Banned
Daps
yeah it's just a personal hang-up I got. i'm not used to RNG affecting my gameplay outside of RPG's lol. there are good opinions here and are correct that it's fun and can definitely be outplayed. I would just be very bothered if i was in a tournament and someone had won because things just "worked out in their favor". it's something i know i have to ignore since this game isn't going anywhere and i enjoy being competitive. and once you get past the drop like you said skill becomes very consistent.

yeah, it’s definitely a contributor as to why people can’t see fortnite being played completely fairly but players will make do. gamers are some of the best when it comes to adapting.

plus the random loot really forces one to really have to time their drops really well, second guess their drop, contemplate landing a bit far off from their targeted landing if it isn’t in the best interest of team IE like say a team is landing salty, the other team are way lower. usually i’ll let my team know i’m going to land a close broken house that’s right outside of salty behind sniper tower just to get a gun so i’m not running into houses no gun with kids already third personing a door way with full health full shield, yeah it sucks i can’t help my team out asap on the drop but if i’m dead i ain’t going to be able to contribute either. sometimes you have to ensure your own safety and be a little selfish on the initial drop.

Notorious Jerry

Change&Hope Ambassador
Daps
Reppin
Chalmette,LA
Yo I don't care what no one says this is the best competitive gaming I've ever seen with unpredictablility. Tsm myth and hamlinz had 31 kills in 1 game and died a little after landing :mindblown:
This is what I'm tryna stream bro this game is greatness. I've never seen a game so fun to just watch ppl play.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Esports commentary :scust:

I hope they get better people on the mic when this shyt gets started. I'm not expecting to hear Yipes and Chris Matrix, but this shyt is tough for me to listen to.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
watching ninja you really appreciate his spacing in fights. he's always safe yet in an effective position to change based on the situation. he seems to not push unless it's an impulse nade or they're obviously under pressure.