Former Sony exclusive MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Brehs I don’t really follow baseball, but I used to play a couple of the old games on older consoles

I’m bored with 2k myleague and career mode as it’s too easy

Is this a game a non baseball diehard will appreciate?

edit: ps5 for reference

I think you will. The graphics are amazing and gameplay is as well. It really is the best sports game on the market. Hitting my be a little hard for you if you don’t understand pitching scenarios and types..fielding is easy if you change it to simple button correspondence. Play around with sliders and difficulty when you get it.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
In my franchise with the Braves, I’m first in my division and have a the 3rd best record in the league.

Im dead last in home runs and runs scored though. At the point of the season I’m in, I have 8 home runs total and the first place team has like 25. The team above me has 17.

I don’t score a lot per game, but I also keep my opponents from scoring. I have the best ERA in the league and I have given up the least amount of runs and hits.

does anyone else has this issue? Is there a setting or slider I can mess with to normalize my stats or hit & score more?

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I wish you could set quick counts to just one thing..

Like I wanna quick count batting, but wanna pitch the full game. So annoying smhh hate doin quick counts whilst pitching, end up pitching 100 balls in 5 innings smhh

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
I think you will. The graphics are amazing and gameplay is as well. It really is the best sports game on the market. Hitting my be a little hard for you if you don’t understand pitching scenarios and types..fielding is easy if you change it to simple button correspondence. Play around with sliders and difficulty when you get it.

:ehh: I ended up copping the other night

the batting was kicking my ass :picard:

I decided to do the RTTS (dynamic difficulty) and somehow ended up flying through the ranks as a pitcher and even pitched during the playoffs

but I also wanted to do batting and pitching, so I made a new save and I’m at 79 overall in Double A :pachaha:

hopefully I get the call up :pachaha: game is fun as hell

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:ehh: I ended up copping the other night

the batting was kicking my ass :picard:

I decided to do the RTTS (dynamic difficulty) and somehow ended up flying through the ranks as a pitcher and even pitched during the playoffs

but I also wanted to do batting and pitching, so I made a new save and I’m at 79 overall in Double A :pachaha:

hopefully I get the call up :pachaha: game is fun as hell

It is :banderas:

make sure you throw a fastball high out the zone or a change up low outside the zone when you’re pitching and have a 0-2 or 1-2 count. Easy strike out

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
It is :banderas:

make sure you throw a fastball high out the zone or a change up low outside the zone when you’re pitching and have a 0-2 or 1-2 count. Easy strike out

:whew: I usually use the change up to end it like you said

does pitching practice during game days actually count towards improving my player or is it just the training during non game days (where you choose between pitching, batting, fielding, etc)

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
:whew: I usually use the change up to end it like you said

does pitching practice during game days actually count towards improving my player or is it just the training during non game days (where you choose between pitching, batting, fielding, etc)

This,the Game Day Practices is just Free Time

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
I don’t score a lot per game, but I also keep my opponents from scoring. I have the best ERA in the league and I have given up the least amount of runs and hits.

Always lean on your Pitching if all else Fails,but shyt You should at least get some Good Hits wit the 3,4,5 Guys if youre runnin wit The Braves:lolbron:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Always lean on your Pitching if all else Fails,but shyt You should at least get some Good Hits wit the 3,4,5 Guys if youre runnin wit The Braves:lolbron:

honest to god bruh

after I made that post, I played a game and Acuna hit 2 HRs for me including one in the 9 to tie the game :wow:

Christian Pache hit a walk off RBI to win it for me. I was mad a fukk thinking I was going to lose cause it was 4-2 going to the bottom of the 9th then I made that come back