Former Sony exclusive MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If y’all want to become better pitchers, I suggest pitch sequencing. It’s a good starting point.

Fastballs set the hitters’ expectations for velocity, and allow you to easily get ahead in/back into strikeout counts

Curveballs should be thrown early in counts to tough hitters to disrupt timing and late in counts (2 strikes) to weak hitters. Time your curveball too early (yellow indicator) and you run the risk of throwing a lob to the batter

Sliders should almost always be thrown late in counts to strike hitters out

Use your change up to set up double plays and the 2nd and 3rd time around the lineup

Use sinkers/2SFB against opposite handed batters like you would your fastball

you should obviously tweak things depending on your opponent and their level of play, but this will help you understand what each pitch is used for

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Rays traded for scherzer and abreu now I gotta face them mfz in the ALDS and their lineup has 5-7 lefties... my starting 5 is all right handed hitters.

But I traded Joey Gallo for Monty and gleyber

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Any tips on how to stop hitting into so many double plays?

I lead the league in double plays in my franchise :francis:. Had to face Max Scherzer last night & he shut me out while hitting into like 6 double plays.

Also does anyone else have an issue with CPU hitting 8+ consecutive foul balls multiple times in a game against you?

It’s been too many times where I’ve had to take out my starter while he’s only given up a hit or two & has a shutout because I’m on 80+ pitches by the damn 5th or 6th inning because the CPU magically hits multiple foul balls off my starter driving his pitch count up.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Hit my first grand slam last night

Dude just stared at it while it went 445 ft :wow:

I accidentally didn't save the recording :mjlol:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Finished the regular season in my Braves franchise with a record of 133-29..the greatest team of all time :wow:

Mike Saroka won NL Cy Young and NL MVP

Freddie Freeman won the NL batting title and 1st base Silver Slugger

won so many awards I can’t even remember them :wow:

what I appreciate about this game though is during the playoffs it feels like a completely different atmosphere than the regular season games. Madden & 2K needs to study how Sony makes this game

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I’m onto year 2 of my RTTS 2 way pitcher. I won rookie of the year and silver slugger my rookie year.

Currently, I’m pitching out of my mind right now. 0.45 ERA in 10 starts.

Tonight I decided to get high, and ended up throwing a perfect game on hall of fame with 12 strikeouts against the Rockies :smoker:

DeeJay

Pro
Daps
Haven't played ranked in a while, Jumping back in to with this team to start
I have close to every card in the game without spending a dime

r2BgQQrh.jpg

WK6QsYRh.jpg

4Wl1T7Gh.jpg