Former Sony exclusive MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Finally got hitting down I think..hit 4 HRs in my last franchise game with the Braves. Even hit a grand slam :wow:

first time putting more than 5 runs on the board as well

I'm still trying to get the hitting down..I've been improving each game and am learning to stop chasing pitches, but I need to work on moving the left stick to match where the ball is. Idk how long that's gonna take lol

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm still trying to get the hitting down..I've been improving each game and am learning to stop chasing pitches, but I need to work on moving the left stick to match where the ball is. Idk how long that's gonna take lol

I changed predicting the pitch to the basic one where you guess the pitch & use the analog stick for the location. I also put hitting on “button”.

whenever I have a strong hitter at the plate and I guess the correct pitch I press X for a power swing if it’s high in the zone

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Starting to get the hang of hitting now

was down 2-1, hit a solo home run to make it 2-2 and managed to drag the game to extra innings

then that same player hits a 2 run home run for the win :gladbron::gladbron:

I just got done playing a crazy ass game. I was winning 3-0 & had a no hitter going into the 8th inning against the Blue Jays. My pitcher gives up a hit but I said fukk it at least I’ll still get the win..

2 outs left in the inning & the score 2 runs. Ended up losing 3-5 cause my dumb ass didn’t put in my regular closer & one of my relief pitchers gave up a 3 run home run in the top of the 9th, & the bottom of my lineup didn’t do shyt in the bottom of the 9th :hhh:

I’m fukkin heated :beli:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Don’t mean to keep spamming the thread but I just lost a no hitter with 2 outs to go in the 9th. The batter hit a weak liner that hit my pitcher in the arm, & by time he recovered & threw it to 1st, the runner was safe.

Of course I process to strike out the next two batters. Lost a fukkin no hitter in the last inning on a bullshyt hit :beli:

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
Playing a franchise with Toronto, basically just player locking as Vlad. The pitching staff is God awful. We get blown out every day :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

I got 18hrs with Vlad on hall of fame difficulty thru 40 games we just lost 11 in a row :huhldup:

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I just got my two way player called up to the MLB (Giants), and I’m on HOF difficulty. The pitching on HOF is easy for me (7-1 1.15 ERA, 9.1 K/9), but the hitting has been kicking my ass :picard: I’ll go on random hot and cold streaks throughout the season, and I just can’t get the hang of it. Even in the minors, I was batting .286 in AA and AAA.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I just got my two way player called up to the MLB (Giants), and I’m on HOF difficulty. The pitching on HOF is easy for me (7-1 1.15 ERA, 9.1 K/9), but the hitting has been kicking my ass :picard: I’ll go on random hot and cold streaks throughout the season, and I just can’t get the hang of it. Even in the minors, I was batting .286 in AA and AAA.

How long did it take to get the call up to the Majors.

I've finally got the hitting down for the most part. Chasing sliders was killing me

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
How long did it take to get the call up to the Majors.

I've finally got the hitting down for the most part. Chasing sliders was killing me
It took me until June 2022 to be called up. Did one full season in the minors (AA and AAA), then started the next season in AAA until June.

Could’ve made it earlier if I converted to being a pitcher only, but I wanted to stay a two way player

triplehate

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ECU
I find myself getting all my home runs on off speed stuff. I'll go to the plate like all I'm swinging at is curve balls and change ups..:jbhmm:

So it's either hrs or strike outs :russ:

I be way too late on the fastballs

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I have a franchise with the Braves my record is like 71-16 at the moment :pachaha:

Padres and Rays just destroyed me though. They’re the only teams to shut me out.

Can’t wait till I see them bytch ass Padres in the playoffs :pacspit:

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
A lot of times hitting comes down to just knowing the stance and where they like pitches.

Can you elaborate on this?

I find myself getting all my home runs on off speed stuff. I'll go to the plate like all I'm swinging at is curve balls and change ups..:jbhmm:

So it's either hrs or strike outs :russ:

I be way too late on the fastballs

Do you normally use contact, normal, or power swinging?