Former Sony exclusive MLB The Show 21 is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on Day One

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In other words this game should not have released on the XB1/XB1S :unimpressed:

The game looks graphically identical to last years PS4 game and runs like shyt on my console, I aint tryna cop it on the PS5 either :unimpressed:

ya the MC user scores are low for the PS4 (5.0) and the XB1 (6.5) so the user experience is probably similar to yours

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
game is cool but once again time will be a factor...with madden or 2k I can play four 8 minute quarters and get in a decent game in just a little over a half hour...I played this game for about 45 minutes and only completed 3 innings and the innings weren’t even long...I had 3 hits and 1 run...CPU only had 1 hit...so the innings were going by as fast as they could yet it would’ve still taken me about a little over 2 hours to finish this game at that rate

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
game is cool but once again time will be a factor...with madden or 2k I can play four 8 minute quarters and get in a decent game in just a little over a half hour...I played this game for about 45 minutes and only completed 3 innings and the innings weren’t even long...I had 3 hits and 1 run...CPU only had 1 hit...so the innings were going by as fast as they could yet it would’ve still taken me about a little over 2 hours to finish this game at that rate
Quick counts mode:yeshrug:

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
Crazy this shyt is on Game Pass :wow:

Downloading now on XBone :blessed:

Last time I played was The show 16

shyt feels like it was AGES ago :mjcry:
Graphics look exactly the same, but I'm intrigued by all the new updates :patrice:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Crazy this shyt is on Game Pass :wow:

Downloading now on XBone :blessed:

Last time I played was The show 16

shyt feels like it was AGES ago :mjcry:
Graphics look exactly the same, but I'm intrigued by all the new updates :patrice:

Graphics haven't made the technological leap they were supposed to. SDS probably tweaked gameplay just a bit as a selling point.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Just got it today, anyone mess with stadium creator? It wont let me change the name or location of the stadium. Anyone have this issue?

edit: think it was cause servers were down:francis:

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
oh shyt...I’ll try that and see
Quick counts is great. Another thing id do in the past (havnt seen if its in this years bit assuming it is) select a single player (player lock) for each game. I usually just used the pitcher cause i love pitching but you do a game in like 3-5 minutes with a positional player.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Copped this for the PS5 and the performance between this and the XB1 version is night and day. I'm mad about it because the graphics are identical to MLB 20, they downgraded the current gen optimization. :francis:

Overall Road to the show is still fun but I have no interest in this 2 way player shyt they put in :mjlol:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I copped on PS5 so the graphics look pretty much exactly the same as old MLB previous which is kinda disappointed but however PS5 dualsense vibration function and trigger effect are pretty freaking amazing. Still have fun in RTTS thou

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

So what happens when PlayStation Studios gets to grips with Xbox hardware and how do the results compare with their PS4/PS5 efforts? That's what we're going to find out today as MLB The Show 21 gets a thorough analysis on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Some intriguing results here...

• PS5/Series X are native 2160p, very little difference
  • Series S is 1080p
  • Pro and One X is 1440p
  • Pro and One X has selectable resolutions (1080p, 1440p, 2160p)
  • unlocked frame rate, capped at 60fps
  • cutscenes run a bit slower due to enhanced effects, up to 11fps from cap
  • Pro/One X need to run at 1080p to get a near flawless 60fps

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
They really have to fix RTTS. This shyt is trash now. I know they said they’re going to patch it. I have no interest in the cards and all that other Diamond league shyt. I been beasting down in the minors for two years and I’m still a 60. You just progress way too slow now.

Last edited: