Former Prime Minister of Japan got shot with a shotgun(update:died)

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
His bodyguards really need to find a new career

TBF, the worst thing that could happen to a politician in Japan is somebody running up on them with a knife. Gun laws are harder than a Misawa forearm in the 90s. So yeahhhh they wanted that dude to be eradicated from God's green earth.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Looks like killer is a conspiracy nut, thought that Abe belonged to some sort of "secret religious organization" that he had feelings against.

The suspected killer of Japan’s former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe admitted targeting the politician and said he held a grudge against an organisation he believed Abe was connected to, police have said.

Police said it was not clear if the “particular organisation” mentioned by the suspect actually existed, adding that investigations were continuing, but several Japanese media outlets described the organisation as a religious group.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
TBF, the worst thing that could happen to a politician in Japan is somebody running up on them with a knife. Gun laws are harder than a Misawa forearm in the 90s. So yeahhhh they wanted that dude to be eradicated from God's green earth.
A mayor got assassinated a while back and the whole "japan doesn't see this stuff often" doesn't really apply to a security detail for a guy who traveled internationally.

The fact that they didn't tackle Abe OR the shooter and instead stood around like some dummies is wild. Not even getting into how lackadaisical the entire set up was.... That security fukked up.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
A mayor got assassinated a while back and the whole "japan doesn't see this stuff often" doesn't really apply to a security detail for a guy who traveled internationally.

The fact that they didn't tackle Abe OR the shooter and instead stood around like some dummies is wild. Not even getting into how lackadaisical the entire set up was.... That security fukked up.

Yeahhhh :huhldup: . fukkers are getting fired, jailed, and or commit that for such a blunder. Imagine if the bodyguards were that incompetent during the Obama years:damn:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
:damn: I wasn't ready for dude to just "die". The outlets made it seem like he just got a flesh wound :lupe:

RIP. May not know his political stance (Japanese Coli brehs fill me in), but he gave us this important gif during the Trump fukkery:

2PwQ.gif
Abe was conservative/right wing. Also, he had ties to a far-right nationalist group.

His father (Shintaro Abe) was Japan's foreign minister back in the '80s.

Daps
:jbhmm: what is your main account, five post and your 5th post happens to be an in detail post about Abe and japan.
I had to lurk since 2019 but finally got in. This is the main.

As far as a detailed post, I heard most of that in an interview democracy now did this morning.

Assassination: Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe Shot Dead. Will Killing Push Japan Further to the Right?​

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I remember seeing on a site I will not name like 6-8 years ago of people posting schematics of homemade guns that you could build from everyday stuff that you could get at a hardware store. I wonder if the assassin may have got the build specs from there.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Abe was conservative/right wing. Also, he had ties to a far-right nationalist group.

His father (Shintaro Abe) was Japan's foreign minister back in the '80s.

And his grandfather was a leader and war criminal in the Japanese puppet government that controlled China during WW2.

Abe had a long history of denying WW2 atrocities (especially the forced prostitution of Korean comfort women) in line with his ultra-nationalist right-wing affiliations.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
And his grandfather was a leader and war criminal in the Japanese puppet government that controlled China during WW2.

Abe had a long history of denying WW2 atrocities (especially the forced prostitution of Korean comfort women) in line with his ultra-nationalist right-wing affiliations.

Facts

Shinzo Runtz pack hitting