Former Prime Minister of Japan got shot with a shotgun(update:died)

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rightfully so, the only thing standing between Japan and anybody else in Asia is opportunity. The bomb gave them their only break in literally thousands of years of raising hell in that region. That dont go away with democracy
especially if the military somehow grabs power, then hell will emerge

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Apparently this guy was considered "Trump before Trump". He was trying to remove post war constitutional restrictions on Japan being able to defend itself militarily. He caused a lot of fukkery in Japan domestically from what I'm hearing.

He wasn't liked by the left in his country and his death in the midst of an election could cause the nation to swing right. They vote Sunday by the way. For all posting that gif of him and Trump, understand he liked him and they got along.

He was also a supporter of the nuclear state despite what happened in Fukushima a year before he got into office.

It's sad he died this way I'll say.
Eh, He isn't Trump like from my understanding. Just a bit more conservative and more militaristic than they are used to. At least relative to our politics. He wouldn't be anyone extraordinary politically in the US. Our politics is fukking nuts right now.

After WW2 and the period of turmoil after the war, pacificism and peace loving ideas took a hold. Many folks in Japan are pacificist or really antiwar. Someone looking to undo the scaled back nature of their military in that environment would be extreme. However, again, I'm not an expert just my understanding, Abe was as you said pro increasing the military of Japan. Which he did btw. Japanese military is ranked like the 2nd or 3rd most advanced military (can't remember exact one) and they are already making 6th generation fighter planes. I believe they will finish their first one before the US..

Also, Imo, it's time for Japan to develop independently. I don't think we're in danger of the same situation as WW2 and they have China to worry about in the future. They need to get ready for that.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
i understand both points but with the china threat you might not wanna start too late because I just dont know if america in the future will protect them
I think Japan being next to both China and Russia means the u.s. will never give up that strategic location as long as those countries are seen as a threat to the west.

Plus I feel like joining NATO would be necessary for Japan if they were to rebuild their military.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Its not just them tbh. Every other country in the region is extremely not okay with any semblance of a reemerging Japanese military.

i also see both sides but Japan today is NOT Japan of the 1920s-40's. there are like 12 men of military age in the entire nation. i jest but you get the point. there is no way that Japan can wage an imperialist war across Asia the way it did before.

1) They lack the will of the people to do so.
2) Manpower is not there.
3) No Kido Butai dominating the Pacific.

4) U.S. has too many allies and interests in the region for Japan to go ham there.

imo, Japan should triple down on defensive materials that can also be offensive if need be. at the end of the day a jet fighter is a jet fighter. a gun is a gun. how they are intended to be used is another story but i think i made a pretty good case that Japan would not go on the offensive with a beefed up military.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:mjpls: the only foreign people you have seem to have an issues with seems to be Europeans when it comes to basketball.

I don’t have an issue with the players. My issue is white folks proclaiming these dudes the next MJ when they ain’t even spent a 5 years in the league & calling these white dudes “generational talent” just because they aren’t mid like other white players

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
i also see both sides but Japan today is NOT Japan of the 1920s-40's. there are like 12 men of military age in the entire nation. i jest but you get the point. there is no way that Japan can wage an imperialist war across Asia the way it did before.

1) They lack the will of the people to do so.
2) Manpower is not there.
3) No Kido Butai dominating the Pacific.

4) U.S. has too many allies and interests in the region for Japan to go ham there.

imo, Japan should triple down on defensive materials that can also be offensive if need be. at the end of the day a jet fighter is a jet fighter. a gun is a gun. how they are intended to be used is another story but i think i made a pretty good case that Japan would not go on the offensive with a beefed up military.

For the record I don't disagree with you :manny: I definitely understand both sides of that massive issue.

There's no way that IJN flag shows up again or anything close to it. But that pacific beef is different. And at the same time, US bases being at all those places is what keeps old smoke from turning into new smoke.

One on hand you got folks ready to embrace more forms of independence and establish their own security, on their terms. On the other, you got the population who legit held that nuke before anyone else and is VERY okay just leaving the military to others while their economic remains a focus.

I just gotta accept he was a polarizing dude and that Japan is at a tremendous crossroad in more ways than one.

Daps
If you know you know

9ace4a8467f0ca8301aaa1101011e8a2.jpg

Last edited: