Former IGN Playstation Stans finally come to terms that currently the Series X is superior to PS5

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not even articles, TWEETS!

A opinion tweet from someone in the industry's personal account, is much more valuable than it being hidden behind some clickbait shock article where they are trying to get paid or speaking from a narrative.

Speaking your mind freely>>>>>statements and articles

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As a PS5 owner u have access to over 4000 PS4 games tho , most of them are dirt cheap right now. Not to mention the classics u get for free with the ps plus collection.

The reality of all this is u Xbots have no next gen exclusives and ur using a last gen controller :yeshrug:
What kind of fukkboy meaningless stat is that. All the servers in them old games on PlayStation dead whoodi :birdman: If you wanna fight over this let's settle this on fight night champion. It's only $3 on Xbox or free with gamepass. How much it cost on PlayStation?

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I don’t understand why gamers are acting brand new about this new generation?
The first two years of a console’s life has always been slow, outside of new hardware and wanting the latest there’s never really been a great reason to buy a new system this early.
As of right now the PS5 holds the slight edge due to Returnal and Ratchet but neither console has made a strong case for themselves.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I don’t understand why gamers are acting brand new about this new generation?
The first two years of a console’s life has always been slow, outside of new hardware and wanting the latest there’s never really been a great reason to buy a new system this early.
As of right now the PS5 holds the slight edge due to Returnal and Ratchet but neither console has made a strong case for themselves.

The difference is PlayStation has been consistently releasing games for years already. 2021 is a continuation of that.

Since last years it’s been nioh 2, dreams, ff7 remake, the last of us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, 13 sentinels, Demon’s souls, Miles, Sackboy>>>>> now its been destruction all stars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Kena, Ghostwire, Deathloop, Sifu, HZD FW, Factions?>>>>>>next year GT7, God Of War, FF16, Forspoken.....we not just gonna say it’s ratchet and returnal cause those are the two latest hot releases, this has been going on for years

Where as microsoft has been in a dry spell for years, and went into this next generation the same way, with absolutely nothing new to show other than playing the same games that people were already playing last gen...

Thats the difference.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Microsoft shows off 13 “launch window” games for Xbox Series X

Looks like some games on that list still ain't out or even got release dates :wow:

phil-spencer-e3-2018.original.jpg

I would nevaaaaa trust no nikka that wear a denim jacket like this:camby:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The difference is PlayStation has been consistently releasing games for years already. 2021 is a continuation of that.

Since last years it’s been nioh 2, dreams, ff7 remake, the last of us 2, Ghost of Tsushima, 13 sentinels, Demon’s souls, Miles, Sackboy>>>>> now its been destruction all stars, Returnal, Ratchet and Clank, Kena, Ghostwire, Deathloop, Sifu, HZD FW, Factions?>>>>>>next year GT7, God Of War, FF16, Forspoken.....we not just gonna say it’s ratchet and returnal cause those are the two latest hot releases, this has been going on for years

Where as microsoft has been in a dry spell for years, and went into this next generation the same way, with absolutely nothing new to show other than playing the same games that people were already playing last gen...

Thats the difference.

Breh, what are you talking about?:dahell:
What difference?

I’m disagreeing with Justin Davis’ take on there not being a reason to own a PS5 right now, when there’s not really much of a reason to own either of the two consoles, which is typical for a console in it’s first year or two.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Breh, what are you talking about?
What difference?

I’m disagreeing with Justin Davis’ take on there not being a reason to own a PS5 right now, when there’s not really much of a reason to own either of the two consoles, which is typical for a console in it’s first year or two.

But sony has given us at least 4 reasons already.:yeshrug:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I’ve already said, I’ve put in over 80 hours on next gen games alone, Demon’s Souls, Astro and Returnal, not to mention the next gen versions of Miles and Control.

If you don’t like those games, cool...but i def got my moneys worth with the PS5 so far. The ps4 on launch was ass leakage. Can’t say the same for the PS5. Sony hit the ground running from last gen. Firing on all cylinders

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont know why yall make this hard on yourselves...

Same reason I bought a switch (BoTW, Mario Kart, Smash, Fire Emblem) is the same reason i will continue buying a PlayStation. I’ve already clocked over 80 hours on NEXT GEN exclusives alone, about 35 for Returnal, 40 something for Demon’s Souls and a few extra for Astro’s. This isn’t counting Spider-man or Nioh 2 Remastered and control ultimate

Add in Ratchet, Final Fantasy 7 Yuffie, next month and its well over 100 hours. I mean, I’m getting my moneys worth way more this gen than I did when I first bought my ps4.

I’m going to the platform that is feeding me well crafted games on top of 3rd party offerings. It’s simple as that.
:snoop:

You named a few switch games none of which released last year but somehow you bought a switch for those games and enjoy it. But act like No exclusives dropped for xbox, in the last 4 years. You can say they aren't for you so you don't buy the system and that would be fine.... but you don't you make excuses why "no body wants to play them, how they are old or how it's not The last of us 2"

It boils down to you just being a hype beast:manny: and that's Sony's modus operandi. Most die hard sony stans are just hype beast, they can't wait for the next big hyped up game they can jump into.

If you are a gamer like you claim you picking up all system as well as a PC. It just is what it is:manny: while I rarely play my PS5 although it's finally starting to get burn. There is no way I'd skip on any system if I have the funds and position to pick them up. Especially if you weren't playing xbox games like that last gen, you have a TON of stuff to go back and play most of which is enhanced and at your fingertips

But lets call a spade a spade, games have a expiration date for you actual Sony stans, after a year pack it up yall not really trying to play the old news games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:snoop:

You named a few switch games none of which released last year but somehow you bought a switch for those games and enjoy it. But act like No exclusives dropped for xbox, in the last 4 years. You can say they aren't for you so you don't buy the system and that would be fine.... but you don't you make excuses why "no body wants to play them, how they are old or how it's not The last of us 2"

It boils down to you just being a hype beast:manny: and that's Sony's modus operandi. Most die hard sony stans are just hype beast, they can't wait for the next big hyped up game they can jump into.

If you are a gamer like you claim you picking up all system as well as a PC. It just is what it is:manny: while I rarely play my PS5 although it's finally starting to get burn. There is no way I'd skip on any system if I have the funds and position to pick them up. Especially if you weren't playing xbox games like that last gen, you have a TON of stuff to go back and play most of which is enhanced and at your fingertips

But lets call a spade a spade, games have a expiration date for you actual Sony stans, after a year pack it up yall not really trying to play the old news games.

Literally just beat ratchet and clank and life is strange 2 last month :mjlol:

Only reason you can use that hype beast narrative is because xbox really hasn’t had any games to be hype over for years lol

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
I’ve already said, I’ve put in over 80 hours on next gen games alone, Demon’s Souls, Astro and Returnal, not to mention the next gen versions of Miles and Control.

If you don’t like those games, cool...but i def got my moneys worth with the PS5 so far. The ps4 on launch was ass leakage. Can’t say the same for the PS5. Sony hit the ground running from last gen. Firing on all cylinders

What other than your extreme stanism made you respond to my comment?
Anyone can personally find enjoyment in any console launch. That’s not the point I was making in my original post, and you didn’t address my point.

Demon’s Soul is a remake, Astro is tech demo, Control can be played on a PS4 as can Miles, and Returnal was released last week and almost five months after the PS5’s actual release date.
Come on, breh. The PS5 launched without any must have games just like console’s have been doing since I can remember.
I wasn’t coming at Sony, if anything I was actually giving them the benefit of the doubt against Justin Davis’ tweet.:mjlol: