Former Google Employees File Suit, Say Tech Giant Discriminates Against Black Workers

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
damn how many lawsuits do google have to get hit with for that white mgmt to just be fair across the board like damn :hhh:

That lawsuit money is pennies in a bucket to google.

Also, it signals to all the whites and asians that they want to hire that they don't have to worry about competing with black people for jobs at google, because google would rather get sued and pay millions of dollars to said black people than to treat them as equals.

These are just the lawsuits that make the paper...their are dozens that don't...

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
These are just the lawsuits that make the paper...their are dozens that don't...

They can just drag them through the media until they get to a settlement. You don’t even have to win. The chips are stacked in the plaintiffs favor if the law team is decent. In this case they’ve got the famous Ben Crump on their team!

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Aint just a white thing, Asian and Indian brehs are some of the biggest perpetrators of racism in tech, they have this overarching view that black people are only getting hired for being black. White people in tech might ding you for “not seeming like a cultural fit”, but Asians/Indians straight up think we’re dumb and nothing but quotas

I never really had issues with Indians interviewing for roles they are cliquey and tend to hire each other but fair enough. East Asians on the other hand :smh: If we could go back to the days of the Chinese exclusion act I’d be ok with that.

If there’s one group that undermines and hates black people it’s them

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
i hope they win the lawsuit. Not everybody has the resources and networks to just "start their own google". especially black people. more of these mega corporations need to be held accountable for how they treat employees, especially when they receive all kinds of tax breaks.

total facts

I hate when nikkas say you should just start your own shyt, like majority of blacks come from well to do families

a lot of us need to get in those doors first and see how shyt works and get your money up and then be able to venture out on your own

BlackJesus

Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
total facts

I hate when nikkas say you should just start your own shyt, like majority of blacks come from well to do families

a lot of us need to get in those doors first and see how shyt works and get your money up and then be able to venture out on your own

That’s not the problem. Problem is black folks don’t pool resources or leverage living at home. Software takes zero capital to get started. Literally with an $8 domain and $200 free AWS voucher you can start in your parents basement.

They are expected leave home at 18 with $50, a bus ticket and a prayer. What other community does this? What they don’t teach you is part of the equation getting resources is being RESOURCEFUL, not just making more money.

Where do black folk get this idea only making more money will solve their problems?

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
On the large side, salesforce, LinkedIn

And definitely some of the various startups/mid market companies (like under 2000 people). My current company is actually surprising me with the velocity in which they’re hiring black folks, and into technical roles at that. Still none in leadership but I’ll give them a pass for now since we’re only 215 people. As we scale, that needs to change.
if y'all still hiring let me know. I am actively in interviews but I'm down to go to a more black company

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Aint just a white thing, Asian and Indian brehs are some of the biggest perpetrators of racism in tech, they have this overarching view that black people are only getting hired for being black. White people in tech might ding you for “not seeming like a cultural fit”, but Asians/Indians straight up think we’re dumb and nothing but quotas
they need to shut the fukk up about that meritocracy bullshyt

every group of people in this country use nepotism

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft and Apple are light years ahead of google when it comes to how they hire and treat black employees.

Google's bias is also built into their hiring process cause unlike most companies you don't get hired directly for most roles. After you pass the interviews you get placed in a pool where the 99% white hiring managers can pick from at their discretion. Candidates can sit in that pool for months and not ever get hired even after passing all interviews cause they don't "match" with a hiring manager. This is also where they pressure black candidates to down level so they can get a match easier cause higher levels mean they gotta pay you more and they will say some teams dont have the budget. It's a dirty game.

That’s a hilariously stupid hiring model.

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
total facts

Most black people in tech are coming from middle-class families.
Many just don't want to start their own and want to work with whites and Asian.

Daps
That’s not the problem. Problem is black folks don’t pool resources or leverage living at home. Software takes zero capital to get started. Literally with an $8 domain and $200 free AWS voucher you can start in your parents basement.

They are expected leave home at 18 with $50, a bus ticket and a prayer. What other community does this? What they don’t teach you is part of the equation getting resources is being RESOURCEFUL, not just making more money.

Where do black folk get this idea only making more money will solve their problems?

Having babies young, and being kicked out is a problem too. Then we have a bunch of single mother homes struggling financially, and a bunch of men on child support struggling financially.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most black people in tech are coming from middle-class families.
Many just don't want to start their own and want to work with whites and Asian.
I know quite a few who started their own Businesses. But they don't really want it to grow past a handful of people in order to keep complete control.

Rev Leon Lonnie Love

damned mine eyes, DAMNED mine eyes!!
Daps
White people leave tech companies to start their own all the time. So do Asians. That’s what we need to do.
They do that after amasing a great network of people who will want to help them raise funding for said startup. Just waking up and trying that with no network of people who believe in you and have connections is HARD and almost a suicide mission. All these unicorn startups have a similar story. Founders were in the same network and knew people in high places who had fukk around money to invest in their idea. You cant just pull that off being an unknown guy with zero peers who fukk with you. Thats the issue we face as black people, there is not enough powerful people to help kick start our ideas into success.