Former Google Employees File Suit, Say Tech Giant Discriminates Against Black Workers

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Microsoft and Apple are light years ahead of google when it comes to how they hire and treat black employees.

Google's bias is also built into their hiring process cause unlike most companies you don't get hired directly for most roles. After you pass the interviews you get placed in a pool where the 99% white hiring managers can pick from at their discretion. Candidates can sit in that pool for months and not ever get hired even after passing all interviews cause they don't "match" with a hiring manager. This is also where they pressure black candidates to down level so they can get a match easier cause higher levels mean they gotta pay you more and they will say some teams dont have the budget. It's a dirty game.

Microsoft had a brother from FAMU as their Chairman for about 7 years. John Thompson :wow:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
1. Build our own:ufdup:
(Short of heavy server reliant applications software has one of the lowest barriers to entry. While major investors are needed to engineer physical product ...you only need "keep the lights on" income, me time, and a good idea to engineer software)

2. Chloe Sledd :shaq:

:hubie:
EDIT:
Never mind, I think she's married ...lucky mofo.
fukked up what happened to her pops(shot by "popo") ...shout out to her for being an accountability advocate

While it’s true we do need to start building our own tech businesses let’s not distract from this fukkery from Google and let’s be honest this represents the tech industry as a whole

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
When I was working at Microsoft they had a black person at every level of the org chart and BAM was a pretty supportive community. Met some thorough multi-millionaire ass brothers that put me on to this book too

61v00LhwyNL.jpg

and Satya really a good dude. I don't know about the rest of these tech firms, but life is relatively sweet for bruhs at Microsoft.

They used to call the Charlotte office an HBCU. They make it so easy to transfer to Redmond that it low-key filters out all the c00ns and only leaves the black folks who want to live in cities with a black presence :lolbron:.

@Pressure

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats unfortunate....Nobody should have to go through that shyt. I hope they win. Amazon is kinda the same way. Whites and Asians(Indians) run this bytch, and then the African brehs DO NOT fukk with Black Americans. If you are AA and you end up with an African manager during a re-org start looking for another org to join. Its a goddamn mess sometimes.

It's honestly best if you get an Asian manager because they dislike everyone, including other Asians so its atleast somewhat fair.

I will say, the level inappropriate questions are common in big tech interviews though. In an Amazon loop its common to start with a level 100 question, and then if the candidate does well you keep going until you completely stump them. Sometimes you get an a$$hole interviewing you that will try to play you once he finally stumps you, especially if you juelz your way through the answer.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
It's a tech company in Plano, Tx and group of Black employees filed a discrimination suit and the jury awarded each person 7 million :wow:

shyt was soo bad that even white employees testified against the company about the treatment of the Black employees

The company owner Hindu Indian