Former Google Employees File Suit, Say Tech Giant Discriminates Against Black Workers

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a tech company in Plano, Tx and group of Black employees filed a discrimination suit and the jury awarded each person 7 million :wow:

shyt was soo bad that even white employees testified against the company about the treatment of the Black employees

The company owner Hindu Indian
Ten Black workers sued a Dallas company for discrimination. A jury agreed in a $70 million verdict

Ten Black workers sued a Dallas company for discrimination. A jury agreed in a $70 million verdict

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are “good” tech companies for black folk
I’ve never worked for one of the household tech names but I’ve worked over 10 years in tech and can honestly say I’ve never been discriminated against. There’s ALOT of money to be made outside of the big names and less pressure imo. I’ve never had to deal with anything like the horrors I hear/see from places like Amazon. Slept half the first year on my remote job and got a raise.

I work for one large company and one small. The small one never even saw my face and hired me for a remote 6 figure position. No degree either.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Microsoft and Apple are light years ahead of google when it comes to how they hire and treat black employees.

Google's bias is also built into their hiring process cause unlike most companies you don't get hired directly for most roles. After you pass the interviews you get placed in a pool where the 99% white hiring managers can pick from at their discretion. Candidates can sit in that pool for months and not ever get hired even after passing all interviews cause they don't "match" with a hiring manager. This is also where they pressure black candidates to down level so they can get a match easier cause higher levels mean they gotta pay you more and they will say some teams dont have the budget. It's a dirty game.

To be fair it seems like they are low balling everyone these days. But if these recruiters have numbers to back up what they are saying then great.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
When people talk about tech, why do they only reference 5 companies? There are thousands of tech companies.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When people talk about tech, why do they only reference 5 companies? There are thousands of tech companies.

The top 5 or so companies payscale is much higher that's why. Competition is greater too. And their stock is more stable and moves faster than other companies. Stock grants make up the majority of most peoples compensation at the top companies. So while your base salary as a software engineer might be 175K at google you also get 125K per year in google stock annually and a 100k sign on bonus so your total comp year one is 400k. You wont get that comp at a regular tech company nor will the stock you get perform as good as google stock (Or amazon or any of the big ones).

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL