Former Google Employees File Suit, Say Tech Giant Discriminates Against Black Workers

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
I remember seeing this on here if I remember right, maybe Twitter. But I fukked around and had to catch an Uber this morning and the radio had a report on it.
Had some old White guy driving that clearly isn't from here... He let it ride though. I had my earphones in but when I heard it I started earhustling like a muhfukka :lupe:
Microsoft the goat tech company.
:stopitslime: prove it
Put me up on game with End User Computing (MDM/MAM)

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
When people talk about tech, why do they only reference 5 companies? There are thousands of tech companies.

Because those 5 are 'household names' and 'iconic'. If that level of discrimination exists at THAT level of tech, how much more rampant is it in lesser-known companies........especially when those 5 companies are the defacto template upon which other tech companies are basing their business model?

PURE CONJECTURE on my part, but that seems to be the angle that makes most impact.​

Daps
Reppin
Kongo
Microsoft and Apple are light years ahead of google when it comes to how they hire and treat black employees.

Google's bias is also built into their hiring process cause unlike most companies you don't get hired directly for most roles. After you pass the interviews you get placed in a pool where the 99% white hiring managers can pick from at their discretion. Candidates can sit in that pool for months and not ever get hired even after passing all interviews cause they don't "match" with a hiring manager. This is also where they pressure black candidates to down level so they can get a match easier cause higher levels mean they gotta pay you more and they will say some teams dont have the budget. It's a dirty game.

let’s say if I changed the color of my skin to be white and I get blonde hair and blue eyes.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

don't watch the video in the OP brehs.

don't read about the story brehs.

:hhh:

"'The reason Google never hired an HBCU student straight out of undergrad into one of their key engineering roles is because they didn't believe talent existed at these institutions - until I showed up,' she [Curley] wrote."

Screenshot-2022-03-23-at-08-17-21.png

beg to be negged brehs ..

+neg :ufdup:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I’ve never worked for one of the household tech names but I’ve worked over 10 years in tech and can honestly say I’ve never been discriminated against. There’s ALOT of money to be made outside of the big names and less pressure imo. I’ve never had to deal with anything like the horrors I hear/see from places like Amazon. Slept half the first year on my remote job and got a raise.

I work for one large company and one small. The small one never even saw my face and hired me for a remote 6 figure position. No degree either.
This. If your dream is to chase that FAANG shyt more power to you. However there’s ALOT of money and opportunities outside of that and way less pressure and way more work life balance. May I ask what you do?

Family Man

Banned
Daps
Good for Google. Hopefully Netflix, Spotify, and a whole bunch of other tech companies with their phony virtue signaling asses will get sued too.
These companies have responsibility for the fukked up and divisive culture.

Also, that Chole Sled broad sound like a damn fool. Leave that activism shyt outside of work and do it on your own time.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I was fukked up during the Super Bowl don't remember this commercial what the fukk is this bullshyt. Damn that was just blatant

This actually them catering to black people.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What are “good” tech companies for black folk
On the large side, salesforce, LinkedIn

And definitely some of the various startups/mid market companies (like under 2000 people). My current company is actually surprising me with the velocity in which they’re hiring black folks, and into technical roles at that. Still none in leadership but I’ll give them a pass for now since we’re only 215 people. As we scale, that needs to change.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
To be fair it seems like they are low balling everyone these days. But if these recruiters have numbers to back up what they are saying then great.
Gotta disagree, tech market is hot right now, I had people throwing crazy money at me for the level I was interviewing at, plus joining in the nov-present timeframe means the stock you got was beat down, that upside for a year out when you start vesting can easily 2-3x your stock grant

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
damn how many lawsuits do google have to get hit with for that white mgmt to just be fair across the board like damn :hhh:
Aint just a white thing, Asian and Indian brehs are some of the biggest perpetrators of racism in tech, they have this overarching view that black people are only getting hired for being black. White people in tech might ding you for “not seeming like a cultural fit”, but Asians/Indians straight up think we’re dumb and nothing but quotas