Former DeathRow Worker Explains Why Biggie And Diddy Pissed LA Off In 1997

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Your call.

Again, it's how you define success.

Neither are in my top 5.

this is hip-hop.

and your contradicting your previous argument. you act as if there wasnt much going on after pac & big died, but the late '90s-early '00s were the most propserous eras of rap.

so if its about sales & dollars, then rap got way better after pac & big died.

:sas2:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
this is hip-hop.

and your contradicting your previous argument. you act as if there wasnt much going on after pac & big died, but the late '90s-early '00s were the most propserous eras of rap.

so if its about sales & dollars, then rap got way better after pac & big died.

:sas2:

Jesus.

Are you that simple?

Better or more popular?

No emoticon or much of a thought needed.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Jesus.

Are you that simple?

Better or more popular?

No emoticon or much of a thought needed.

:comeon:

the point is, rap was in great shape without pac & big. thats the whole purpose of this off-topic back-n-forth.

and youre still contradicting yourself. cuz if we're talking better, i'll take reasonable doubt over anything biggie dropped, and anything pac dropped - not counting makaveli. but according to you, jay wasnt chit until the annie sample - which wasnt even the first mega hit off that album. technically not even the 2nd.

and i rank some of those rappers higher than biggie so the term "better" does apply as well. but we dont even have to get into all that. stick to the script.

Last edited:

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Ca
:comeon:

the point is, rap was in great shape without pac & big. thats the whole purpose of this off-topic back-n-forth.

and youre still contradicting yourself. cuz if we're talking better, i'll take reasonable doubt over anything biggie dropped, and anything pac dropped - not counting makaveli. but according to you, jay wasnt chit until the annie sample - which wasnt even the first mega hit off that album. technically not even the 2nd.

and i rank some of those rappers higher than biggie so the term "better" does apply as well. but we dont even have to get into all that. stick to the script.

If you can get your point across, I don't need your emoticons. We can use our words.

Rap was in pretty good shape but there were artists who gained some record sales from the media's so called east-coast/west-coast beef. The Dogg Pound and Mobb Deep are two examples.

Again, you're not reading to comprehend. I didn't say better. I said more popular. You mistake hyperbole yet the Annie sample catchiness helped a lot. Vol. 2 was a singles album that made Jay a household name for a rapper (not quite what he is now.) X & Ja didn't hurt with their participation on their two different features. In fact, I might put the X one back on my gym playlist.

Vol.2 was a bold crossover move to make sure the sales of Reasonable Doubt and Vol. 1 would never happen again. The beginning of dumbing his lyrics to double his dollars.

freetroit

Banned
Daps
nikka PAC and big blew this rap shyt up to all time highs while they was here

Deatrow and bad boy combined was over. 100 million dollars by. 95-96 they brought all those new fans to this rap shyt

Don't forget the rap game ain't never generated that kind of money until big and PAC came on the scene

The only one that hit like that before PAC was hammer and vanilla ice

Sensei

Hallowed Be Thy Game
Daps
well obviously alot of juicy is lies. what kind of comparison is that? she herself admitted those were lies so that is a horrible example...

yes that is true...mothers can just say things to butter up their sons...

But that coming to blows thing was false...it was said what actually happened was that there was a face down between the two crews and security made sure nothing happened...

and then later on when Biggie got on stage for :

and then later on to perform both times they made sure Pac was not around so no drama would start. i believe he was not in the building...

but going beyond all that use common sense man...all that could have happened was a faceoff...you think we would have gone 20 plus years without getting stories about the fight that occured between Death row and bad boy camps? like are you serious now?

I hope the two of you aren't those types that believe it wasn't Orlando Anderson that killed Pac and it was the government

You seem to pick what stories to beleive, in any case they didn't come to blows, Pac was attempting get physical so do you really think he was trying to talk?Its common knowledge that if Pac was restrained around the award show ,they knew shyt would go down for real.Any one with a brain would figure Pac wasn't trying to talk anything out with Biggie,so the story Violetta Wallace(Big's mother) said is bullocks. .

And yes there actually a lot of stories we didn't hear about the DR and Bad Boy conflicts.

Court_Cleaner

Rookie
Daps
Multiple ppl have said that puffy was hiding under a car when he seen Pac and Suge roll up at them soul train awards. Supposedly Pac told biggie that he would be killed if he came back to cali

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
there was a war going on out there after pac died cannon.

way bigger than some bad boy records.

:dahell: andddddddddddd.... and what does this have to do with my previous post

dude is reaching / trying to find excuse to get at biggie-puff-bad boy when everybody knew they had nothing to do with pac death

in any event the only possibly way I can see there being some type of animosity towards biggie-puff-bad boy chilling,clubbing, partying doing shows etc etc in LA
would be if suge-pac vegas incident happend in New York City

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:dahell: andddddddddddd.... and what does this have to do with my previous post

dude is reaching / trying to find excuse to get at biggie-puff-bad boy when everybody knew they had nothing to do with pac death

in any event the only possibly way I can see there being some type of animosity towards biggie-puff-bad boy chilling,clubbing, partying doing shows etc etc in LA
would be if suge-pac vegas incident happend in New York City
No. Puffy is connected to Pac's death.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:duck::duck::duck:
UTrDlx5.png

FBBSSkp.png

:sas2: used spotify as my example because why the fukk not. i mean after all, it is the biggest music streaming service right now or damn near close at least :manny:
Go on YT Pac's highest video is at 60 million. Hit Em Up had 60 million views years back before it was taken down (I think b.c of Pac's Vevo channel).

Pac's FB has over 20 million likes.

:yeshrug:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Biggie couldn't tell him anything cause he already knew the dudes he was dealing with .People misquote the story Pacs words was when he said Biggie was not letting him know what happened was because Big not contacting him. I mean if we look at a real hood situation,if your friend gets hit by some one or some people, they are supposed to get set and ride for em, not just warn them about the dude. I mean technically there was a time when Biggie was in Thug Life. So he should of been riding for him. if you know the streets you know thats how it goes, and if Big cliamed to be a gangsta he should of put it down for his boy.

But see people are followers and forget that General Principle ,to this situation . Not only did Big p*ssy out, he totally abandoned Pac. Pac did not hear from Biggie after he was shot,and in the Quad Studios they backed off from him.

50328378.jpg

da hell u talking bout :snoop:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You're tryin too hard.

I'm a PAC fan but PAC was in over his head and didn't understand the streets and got killed because of it.

Don't compare him to a deacon cause the difference with 2pac is that he was ACTUALLY trying to be a street nikka and got smoked in less than a year.

He had heart but not WISDOM.

All the heart in the world without wisdom just makes you an easy target.

:mjlol: bruh that script is getting old. Pac was already hanging with gangbangers before meeting Suge and the Piru's. It's a myth that Pac started hanging out with gangstas when he got on DR. Hell, his Thug Life group had crips.

Pac fukked up when he wasn't thinking and touched Orlando. Simple.

If diddy had not skimped on getting the bulletproof rental car like he was originally meant to get, biggie would still be alive

They were clearly feeling themselves too much and being dumb as fucc about the realities of the situation...but still, biggies murder was 100% unnecessary and pointless

If Puffy didn't skip that red light he would've been the one that was killed.