Former 343 Employee Says Halo Infinite Being Made Under Crunch Conditions

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
The way that game looked in first showing ?

Yeah they need to be Crunched, crunch every single one of those devs to death. Have them on a diet of Captain Crunch.

You know what you signed up for now get to work.

It’s the management’s fault the game looked like shyt not the low level staff.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's ridiculous for your to lie to yourself and make that claim. You not complaining about a single Sony game either, this horizon talk will disappear entirely when it launches so you're fake outraged about that :camby:
Nobody on PC is complaining about scalability so why is you? You know something these developers and engineers don't?
nikka PC gamers complain about consoles holding PC games back for years. And on top of that? Are u retarded? PC games have minimum requirements for a reason. Ain’t nobody gaming with a GPU from 2011(PS4 and Xbox One equivalent even tho they dropped in 2013) and complaining they can’t play AAA games. PS4 and Xbox One both also have HORRIBLE CPU’s. Devs need to fukkin let it go already and this is on both ends. Microsoft is obviously running into a few issues trying to make the game scale for last gen so just cut that shyt there. Even DF have said these same things. These companies need to commit to the new gen at this point. Both Sony and Microsoft.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
let me guess, this is where we spin that MS are the only people that push these conditions. They had to build an engine and slightly more ambitious project than the last at the same time it was tough on them.
If I were to guess, MS are the only people that push these conditions.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Xbox’s Phil Spencer Says PS5-Style Next-Gen Exclusives “Counter to What Gaming is About”

So, is Microsoft limiting their developers by forcing them to support the Xbox One? In a new interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Phil Spencer rejects the idea that the Xbox Series X will be in any way held back.

Frankly, “held back” is a meme that gets created by people who are too caught up in device competition. […] The diversity of hardware choice in PC has not held back the highest fidelity PC games on the market. The highest fidelity PC games rival anything that anybody has ever seen in video games. So this idea that developers don't know how to build games, or game engines, or ecosystems, that work across a set of hardware... there's a proof point in PC that shows that's not the case.

Later in the interview, Spencer goes a step further, saying Sony’s next-gen-exclusive-focused approach is “completely counter to what gaming is about”…

As a player you are the centre of our strategy. Our device is not the centre of our strategy, our game is not the centre of the strategy. We want to enable you to play the games you want to play, with the friends you want to play with, on any device. […] Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives, and I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about.
fukk all that, I don't agree with Phil on this one. Infinite is too important and critical to be anything less than 10 out of 10. If it was up to me, it would be Series X only :mjlol:, or let Series S players have a gimped version later.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Was Breath of the Wild made with developers that were crunched?

I think the problem with halo is that they don't know what to do with the series and how to bring life back into the series. That's why there saying ideas were scrapped and shyt.

Nintendo has been to delay a game instead of doing this practice usually. Animal Crossing is the latest example. With that being said there are cases like Sakurai who on his own free will to work himself to death.

But regardless this is a practice that the majority of the industry goes through.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You thing Japanese people didn’t work overtime to finish a game :comeon:

I’m America low level employees get abused by their employers more often than not. Not because they have to be but because American capitalism is all about abusing and exploiting workers. You see how these companies treat their customers, why would you expect such companies to treat low level workers any better?

:gucci: how is that an answer to his question?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
let me guess, this is where we spin that MS are the only people that push these conditions. They had to build an engine and slightly more ambitious project than the last at the same time it was tough on them.

Jason and the media had aloooooooot of smoke for naughty dog last year, so i hope yall keep that same energy when the halo piece comes out.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
What's with the gaming conditions for Microsoft studios?

Games are either buggy, unpolished or in development hell. Their reliance on third party titles is telling.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: how is that an answer to his question?
i'm America and I didn't have to pay that much to go to Japan to not see crunch. It was too bad in 2013 when I sold myself the lie to sell my PS4 a year later. Why would you expect to see Japan better?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo has been to delay a game instead of doing this practice usually. Animal Crossing is the latest example. With that being said there are cases like Sakurai who on his own free will to work himself to death.

But regardless this is a practice that the majority of the industry goes through.

those japanese people are on some loyalty/honor shyt. I think Iwata pleaded to Sakarai to make at least one more game for the switch before passing. And Sakarai like holds that dear to him. Now I pray Nintendo ain't using that to exploit the dude into doing one more challenger pack after the last 2 characters.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not when you salaried :sas2:

Yawn.. Everyone is compensated for the time they put in. My job salary employees get paid overtime. I know a Dr who worked 16 hrs a day for 20 years. Nurses work overtime too. Everyone in manufacturing works overtime or store shelves would be empty, vaccines would be unavailable, etc. This is adult life. "CRUNCH" is a nerds way of saying overtime.. Most adults like being paid double time..

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yawn.. Everyone is compensated for the time they put in. My job salary employees get paid overtime. I know a Dr who worked 16 hrs a day for 20 years. Nurses work overtime too. Everyone in manufacturing works overtime or store shelves would be empty, vaccines would be unavailable, etc. This is adult life. "CRUNCH" is a nerds way of saying overtime.. Most adults like being paid double time..
Salaried employees at Microsoft aren't getting paid overtime.

The only hope is the time they put in during crunch to meet their deliverables leads to a nice bonus