Former 343 Employee Says Halo Infinite Being Made Under Crunch Conditions

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The "non-forced" crunch is the same excuse Naughty Dog tried to use and was raked over the coals for.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The "non-forced" crunch is the same excuse Naughty Dog tried to use and was raked over the coals for.

Yeah, “crunch” is rarely enforced. It’s part of the work culture of a studio, mostly having to do with mismanagement. It’s about setting the precedent that if you clock out in less that’s 12 hours you aren’t pulling your weight. What this guy said doesn’t contradict what crunch is, it enforces it.

1. When 4,000 people with #TeamXbox in their Twitter profiles all spam me with the same video, of course I'm going to block them, especially when most of them don't even seem to realize I never wrote an article about this guy. Some of you people are truly delirious.
2. I am not sitting on a finished article just to release it in a few months - that'd be absurd.
3. It's incredible how few people understand that "crunch culture" is not a matter of forcing people to work overtime, it's a matter of pressuring them into feeling like they have to put in as many hours as possible. Oftentimes that manifests in the exact way that this guy is talking about. Xbox fanboys all over the internet are seizing on this video as a way to prove that their precious 343 doesn't crunch, as if it'd ever be accurate to say a company "does" or "doesn't" crunch. Maybe I'd stop blocking so many of these people if they had any understanding of what nuance was or how workplaces function.

Xbots are a sad bunch:wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, “crunch” is rarely enforced. It’s part of the work culture of a studio, mostly having to do with mismanagement. It’s about setting the precedent that if you clock out in less that’s 12 hours you aren’t pulling your weight. What this guy said doesn’t contradict what crunch is, it enforces it.

1. When 4,000 people with #TeamXbox in their Twitter profiles all spam me with the same video, of course I'm going to block them, especially when most of them don't even seem to realize I never wrote an article about this guy. Some of you people are truly delirious.
2. I am not sitting on a finished article just to release it in a few months - that'd be absurd.
3. It's incredible how few people understand that "crunch culture" is not a matter of forcing people to work overtime, it's a matter of pressuring them into feeling like they have to put in as many hours as possible. Oftentimes that manifests in the exact way that this guy is talking about. Xbox fanboys all over the internet are seizing on this video as a way to prove that their precious 343 doesn't crunch, as if it'd ever be accurate to say a company "does" or "doesn't" crunch. Maybe I'd stop blocking so many of these people if they had any understanding of what nuance was or how workplaces function.

Xbots are a sad bunch:wow:

I already knew dude(the employee) just said that to cover himself. People need to read between the lines. He probably had his arm twisted.

If ND got heat for that then so can 343 give me a break. :stopitslime:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Made that man upload in English to make sure his words don't get misconstrued

Phil caught him slippin n ran up on him.
phil-spencer-abraca-a-zoeira-e-diz-que-craig-de-halo-infinite-e-o-novo-mascote-do-xbox.jpg

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I got no dog in this race but I'm curious. I've heard the new Xbox is doing well. Not touching PS5 but it's doing good. Good enough that a MS exec might think they're one game away from turning the tide, right? Do you guys think Halo can do that, if done right? Again I got no dog in this fight.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
I got no dog in this race but I'm curious. I've heard the new Xbox is doing well. Not touching PS5 but it's doing good. Good enough that a MS exec might think they're one game away from turning the tide, right? Do you guys think Halo can do that, if done right? Again I got no dog in this fight.
I think that Xbox is such an established brand and Microsoft is the only game in town on PC, they don’t really care how well PlayStation is doing.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There's room for it, especially considering how bad Cold War was and there's no certainty with regard to battlefield.

Microsoft has to stick the landing though.

BlaccSunrise

Superstar
Daps
bytches better get to work.:umad:

Halo is a legendary entertainment franchise, I expect nothing but greatness from Infinite.