Former 343 Employee Says Halo Infinite Being Made Under Crunch Conditions

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was Breath of the Wild made with developers that were crunched?
Western AAA games get crunch development. You comparing a completely different culture. Name a huge western AAA developer that never has crunch development. It will be difficult.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You thing Japanese people didn’t work overtime to finish a game :comeon:
I’m America low level employees get abused by their employers more often than not. Not because they have to be but because American capitalism is all about abusing and exploiting workers. You see how these companies treat their customers, why would you expect such companies to treat low level workers any better?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Well the game has to be able to play on the original xbox one so i feel for the developers trying to make this thing actually look pretty enough to be a premier “next gen” title while being able to run as a semi-open world game across 8 years of technology.

They are inbetween a rock in a hard place, because you can’t have it look great and have it work well on old technology.

Cyberpunk can attest to this.....

Then again.... :patrice:

*looks at Miles Morales* :troll:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Cyberpunk can attest to this.....

Then again.... :patrice:

*looks at Miles Morales* :troll:

Yeah, but spider-man isn’t an online multiplayer game either. This has to be a seamless experience for people.

MM on PS5 can look and play totally different than the ps4 version without having to compromise much

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I’m America low level employees get abused by their employers more often than not. Not because they have to be but because American capitalism is all about abusing and exploiting workers. You see how these companies treat their customers, why would you expect such companies to treat low level workers any better?
Japan has a culture of overwork that’s worse than America.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Yeah, but spider-man isn’t an online multiplayer game either. This has to be a seamless experience for people.

MM on PS5 can look and play totally different than the ps4 version without having to compromise much
I mean Sony did say that but the truth was very different. It only had ray tracing at 30 fps and the Ray tracing wasn't spectacular but if that's what you call totally different then you should check out Mass Effect remake :banderas:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean Sony did say that but the truth was very different. It only had ray tracing at 30 fps and the Ray tracing wasn't spectacular but if that's what you call totally different then you should check out Mass Effect remake :banderas:

Oh

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

Oh that's what you wanted to get at? Well let's look at what and how shall we...
Spider-Man Remastered updated with ‘Performance RT’ mode in version 1.002 – here’s the patch notes – TheSixthAxis
Performance RT reintroduces ray tracing from the Fidelity mode, but Insomniac are able to compensate for the graphics hit and sacrifice in other areas to boost the frame rate up to 60fps. The scene resolution would drop the game to lower than Performance mode – in Miles Morales, Performance RT reportedly now tops out at 1440p – and then likely use temporal techniques to reconstruct a higher resolution image. Reflection quality is also lowered, reducing the number of rays used for them, rendering them at a lower resolution, and so on, but will importantly still be accurate and more realistic.

Finally there’s a reduction in pedestrian density will also help. Dipping into Miles Morales quickly to check out the new settings, we could easily tell that the volume of pedestrians has been reduced by at least 50%.
So basically you getting the PS4 version with bootleg Ray tracing and the comments section I seen at most places talks about how they prefer the 30fps Ray tracing mode over this, but you'd know better than me :mjgrin:
Was it dusk golem who talked about how Sony would have a bunch of smoke and mirrors to reach benchmarks :ohhh:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Oh that's what you wanted to get at? Well let's look at what and how shall we...

So basically you getting the PS4 version with bootleg Ray tracing and the comments section I seen at most places talks about how they prefer the 30fps Ray tracing mode over this, but you'd know better than me :mjgrin:
Was it dusk golem who talked about how Sony would have a bunch of smoke and mirrors to reach benchmarks :ohhh:
Game looks and feels far different than the PS4 version and I have both. But honestly I feel like Microsoft should dead the Xbox One version of this game. Same way they should dead the PS4 version of Horizon. It’s ridiculous to cater to them old ass outdated consoles that was old tech when they dropped.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Game looks and feels far different than the PS4 version and I have both. But honestly I feel like Microsoft should dead the Xbox One version of this game. Same way they should dead the PS4 version of Horizon. It’s ridiculous to cater to them old ass outdated consoles that was old tech when they dropped.
THIS. Infinite should be GOTG status.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
THIS. Infinite should be GOTG status.

Xbox’s Phil Spencer Says PS5-Style Next-Gen Exclusives “Counter to What Gaming is About”

So, is Microsoft limiting their developers by forcing them to support the Xbox One? In a new interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Phil Spencer rejects the idea that the Xbox Series X will be in any way held back.

Frankly, “held back” is a meme that gets created by people who are too caught up in device competition. […] The diversity of hardware choice in PC has not held back the highest fidelity PC games on the market. The highest fidelity PC games rival anything that anybody has ever seen in video games. So this idea that developers don't know how to build games, or game engines, or ecosystems, that work across a set of hardware... there's a proof point in PC that shows that's not the case.

Later in the interview, Spencer goes a step further, saying Sony’s next-gen-exclusive-focused approach is “completely counter to what gaming is about”…

As a player you are the centre of our strategy. Our device is not the centre of our strategy, our game is not the centre of the strategy. We want to enable you to play the games you want to play, with the friends you want to play with, on any device. […] Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives, and I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It's ridiculous for your to lie to yourself and make that claim. You not complaining about a single Sony game either, this horizon talk will disappear entirely when it launches so you're fake outraged about that :camby:
Nobody on PC is complaining about scalability so why is you? You know something these developers and engineers don't?