FORBES Magazine: HOUSTON "Coolest" city to live....

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Baltimore is on a surge...the fact that it is relatively short train ride away from DC area jobs and housing is way cheaper is huge plus for folks.....the whole area around the Harbor and other waterside projects, and two urban science/research parks are making it popular...even though it seems like it's population still fluctuates...

You don't have to have folks living in complete shoeboxes.....Under 400 feet is :damn::what:....I understand there is demand for housing but there are plenty of spots to develop in the city without thinking you got to essentially shyt across from where you eat at ..... check this link Transportation Division - Department of City Planning, NYC has 1,000 acres (1.5 square miles) of potential land like this inside the city....this talks about air rights which is building platforms above sunken railyards, roads....put the platform down and you put buildings on top you have just "created" land, while the roads/rails can still function normally underneath.......Plus, this is where your favorite borough Staten Island comes into play, cause a subway connection to Brooklyn would open up that area for new development, holding down/keeping steady housing cost cause supplies would be expanded.......I would hate to be a young professional and living in a double wide cubicle and calling it a home I'm paying rent for....and I've lived in studio apartments....and I know 400 feet is just about all you can stand at that size......:lawd:

Besides rezoning neighborhoods for taller buildings, some of their newest developments will be created like this. This is the newest NYC air right project on the table, basically taken the Hudson Yards here......

image_xlimage_2009_11_R328_chelsea_Western_Rail_Yards_11202009.jpg

and building something like this above it.....

images

That's why they calling Philly the 6th Borough............get more for your money, can still commute easily to NYC, still get that urban feel.........this is where a Maglev/REAL HIGH SPEED trains come in real handy

:dead: @ living in a 275 sq ft apartment. Might as well live in a cage.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Damn dpd police aint playin wit nobody!! They pullin out choppas on folks at the rupert block party

its gone be some shyt in dallas be4 the summer is over with..nikkas already hot...

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
i don't mind "yuppies" as y'all call them...but i can't stand the way these "transplants" drive ...they don't understand people down here are courteous and laid back drivers. all that horn honking and cutting ppl off makes me want those b*stards to KEEP OUT. go back to the eat coast with that horn honking bullsh*t you rude fukks. :pacspit:

Courteous and laid back?

nikka fukk your car, your city and your highways :pacspit:

john goodman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
:dead: @ living in a 275 sq ft apartment. Might as well live in a cage.

They've been doing it in tokyo for years

If you work a lot and have an active social life... It's no big deal. If you wanna live in manhattan sometimes you gotta make some sacrifices. I'd rather live in a small studio than have some annoying roommate

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.
As someone who resides in Houston... :pacspit: obviously income was a factor in those rankings, because money aside Houston probably rounds out the top 10. :sitdown:

San Francisco, Los Angeles, NYC, Austin, Atlanta all much cooler cities in my opinion.

:wtf: @ Oakland. List makers might want to go back and revisit that part of the bay if they think it's "cool". :ufdup:

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
How is san antonio higher than austin?

Ive lived here for 6yrs and san antonio sucks

Malikthegod

opposite of mediocre
Daps
I'm a east coast cat and Houston is just way to southern for me. The cheap cost of living and the lack of state tax is great, but I can't see myself here for the long haul.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
They've been doing it in tokyo for years

If you work a lot and have an active social life... It's no big deal. If you wanna live in manhattan sometimes you gotta make some sacrifices. I'd rather live in a small studio than have some annoying roommate

275 sq feet though breh??.............I know they do that in Tokyo, and I'm sure there are already spots in NYC that have this....but the in this situation....the Mayor/govt of the city is activity trying to shave down the square footage from 400 square feet for a studio......

Chris Rock said it best..... "That ain't right!"...... :weirdo:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
275 sq feet though breh??.............I know they do that in Tokyo, and I'm sure there are already spots in NYC that have this....but the in this situation....the Mayor/govt of the city is activity trying to shave down the square footage from 400 square feet for a studio......

Chris Rock said it best..... "That ain't right!"...... :weirdo:
the cabin fever alone would drive me batshyt crazy...even if i'd only have to be there for a few hours at night. :merchant: then again i'm a southern girl thru and thru ....big spread out spacious homes with HUGE backyards has always been my "norm". :manny: