FORBES Magazine: HOUSTON "Coolest" city to live....

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Houston is America's footstool. That joint is on the EDGE of civilization -- 'bout to fall off said edge. Forbes folk do NOT know.

Hurricane left overs flood that bytch yearly. Houston is 2 inches above sea level, so even a drizzle will flood it. Water has no wear to drain. Rain water just pools in the gd streets, baby Jesus. Don't drive your Prius thru low-lying highways during a rain storm; the engine will flood and SHORT OUT! There's a reason why folk ride SUVs and trucks that sit HIGH UP OFF THE GROUND. Fema should just x out the entire metro area.

The Mexicans and displaced criminals from New Orleans run rampant. Downtown cops ride horseback, so if you call them as a mountain lion stalks you in the parking garage, KNOW that the police will get there when they get there. All the adult white men are legally armed. Aint shyt concealed. Armed yt adults men can AND DO fly from TX city to TX city with their handguns on them.

The entire city is hot as hell. If your car dies on the freeway and AAA doesn't arrive within 15 minutes, expect to see the angel of death ridin' in on a heat wave, mfer. One can play tennis outdoors year-round, doe. ( ._.)

Wild cats, roosters, snakes, lizards, and grackles plague the downtown area even (business, financial, legal, residential downtown real estate). Wear flip flops as you RUSH to work in the morning if you want to, but careful not to step on that snake sunning itself on the sidewalk. That snake is NOT going to move out of your way just cuz you're bigger. Go around the snake to reach your car, and mind the lizards in the grass. Lawyers at the firm would show up in suits + COWBOY BOOTS.

But God bless Texas for this reason only. u_u
TX has no state income tax and rock bottom cheap cost of living! $30,000 millionaires abound in Houston. They are living the dream, and they know it. :D

nonniecakes

EattheTeam
Daps
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Houston is America's footstool. That joint is on the EDGE of civilization -- 'bout to fall off said edge. Forbes folk do NOT know.

Hurricane left overs flood that bytch yearly. Houston is 2 inches above sea level, so even a drizzle will flood it. Water has no wear to drain. Rain water just pools in the gd streets, baby Jesus. Don't drive your Prius thru low-lying highways during a rain storm; the engine will flood and SHORT OUT! There's a reason why folk ride SUVs and trucks that sit HIGH UP OFF THE GROUND. Fema should just x out the entire metro area.

The Mexicans and displaced criminals from New Orleans run rampant. Downtown cops ride horseback, so if you call them as a mountain lion stalks you in the parking garage, KNOW that the police will get there when they get there. All the adult white men are legally armed. Aint shyt concealed. Armed yt adults men can AND DO fly from TX city to TX city with their handguns on them.

The entire city is hot as hell. If your car dies on the freeway and AAA doesn't arrive within 15 minutes, expect to see the angel of death ridin' in on a heat wave, mfer. One can play tennis outdoors year-round, doe. ( ._.)

Wild cats, roosters, snakes, lizards, and grackles plague the downtown area even (business, financial, legal, residential downtown real estate). Wear flip flops as you RUSH to work in the morning if you want to, but careful not to step on that snake sunning itself on the sidewalk. That snake is NOT going to move out of your way just cuz you're bigger. Go around the snake to reach your car, and mind the lizards in the grass. Lawyers at the firm would show up in suits + COWBOY BOOTS.

TX has no state income tax and rock bottom cheap cost of living! $30,000 millionaires abound in Houston. They are living the dream, and they know it. :D

:heh:..I agree with this...45mins to an hour...

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

:deadrose: ...

$30,000 millionaires???? :dwillhuh:....is that a typo? do you mean there are "30,000 millionaires in Houston or in Texas"??

Nah, but good local info there..........

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps

:laff: :laff: :dead: at the bolded. whole post in on point.

TheHNIC

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't mind "yuppies" as y'all call them...but i can't stand the way these "transplants" drive ...they don't understand people down here are courteous and laid back drivers. all that horn honking and cutting ppl off makes me want those b*stards to KEEP OUT. go back to the eat coast with that horn honking bullsh*t you rude fukks. :pacspit:

Yall cant drive for shyt out here! I swear no one knows where they're going, and there's always some dikkhead that wants to make a right turn from the left turn lane on westheimer across all 4 lanes. fukk houston drivers! It is cheap as fukk to live here though...

nonniecakes

EattheTeam
Daps
Yall cant drive for shyt out here! I swear no one knows where they're going, and there's always some dikkhead that wants to make a right turn from the left turn lane on westheimer across all 4 lanes. fukk houston drivers! It is cheap as fukk to live here though...

:lolbron:...probably me....but I try to avoid westheimer at all cause...had a bad accident on that road....

KEEPITTRILLA

soon as i catch the vibe tell em 2 fetch th hearse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TX
#11 :win:
#19 moving closeby there soon :win:
Houston is the shyt too :win:

TEXAS>>>>>>>>>>
:win:

I think Austin is the most fun tho

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
The phrase
is
"thirty thousand dollar millionaires."

They are white kids in their 20s with no offspring and low-ish salaries, but they live like kings of all creation IN HOUSTON at those new apartment complexes near the downtown financial/legal district. Most of the guys are frat daddies, but it is a damn good way to spend early adulthood: iPhones, big trucks, beer, guns, pool parties w/DJs, new appliances, bars nearby, wi fi, cheap NEW or renovated rented residences with state-of-the-art ev-er-y-thing, clubs nearby, no cops show up EVER, blonds w/big t*ts, low cost of living, jobs nearby, NO state income tax, parking garages via breeze ways, & parents send money if ya run a little low.

Can't knock the hustle. u_u
I survived AND passed the state legal bar. :smile:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
No state income tax in Texas? :ohhh:

thats why if u cant stack up in texas...u dont need to be here...

not to mention u can kill in the housing game...squating

mexicans cross the boarder with hope..leave with a dream...

save ya bread...get u a construction business...or a auto garage...place a ad in spanish..make a killin off cheap laber..

how america was built...

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities
Houston Tops Our List Of America's Coolest Cities - Forbes

based on jobs....parks..nightlife...and restaurants. :bow:
My Houston heads we already knew this :ehh: now the REST of ya'll do. :smugdraper:

we winnin ya'll: :win: :stylin: :umad:

Edit* the rest:

2. Washington, Dc
3. Los Angles, CA
4. Dallas, Tx
5. Seattle Wa
6. San Diego Ca
7. Boston MA
8. Orange County Ca
9. San Francisco, CA
10. New York,NY
11. San Antonio,Tx
12. Chicago, IL
13. Fort Worth, TX
14. Baltimore, M D
15. Philadelphia PA
16. Oakland, CA
17. Bethesda, MD
18. Minneapolis, MN
19. Austin, TX
20. Denver, CO

Get ready for the influx of out of state'rs moving here. :sadbron:

forbes? throw that shyt in the :trash:
They even had my hometown as a best place for college grads or some other list.:what:

alpo

Dade County carol city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carol city
this list is for white folks. oh the irony that a c00n made this thread:russ:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
this thread went 4 pages and no one asked why the fukk is oakland on this list ??

I was thinking this too. I went to Oakland once, never again, shyt looked like an industrial wasteland with a football stadium.

Houston is a terrible place, the first criteria on deeming the worth of a city should be its walkability. You can't walk anywhere there, and it's not as cool as LA where that's alright.

Denver though, we did good :ehh: