For Xbox "It's Acquisition Season", more studios to come soon

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Thats why i cant take x bot stans seriously because for years they been in dire straits (still are) and they will never admit it. They are just hyper focused on sony and now on the black hole of gaming they been stuck in.
It’s a big difference between “not having any games” and not having exclusives but I’ll let you cook

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I wish they would prove that they can nurture the talent they have now rather than buy more. It would suck for them them but a lot of talented developement houses and IPs just to run them in the ground like they’ve everything that’s not Gears or Forza.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I wish they would prove that they can nurture the talent they have now rather than buy more. It would suck for them them but a lot of talented developement houses and IPs just to run them in the ground like they’ve everything that’s not Gears or Forza.

They're doing that, all the devs they have possess the freedom to do what they want. Psychonauts 2 had to cut out alot of content before MS came thru.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

A lot of these acquisitions will turn into new small independent studios. A small team will jump ship and create their own studio leaving the original studio left to pick up the pieces.

It's going to be interesting to see how many money grab projects happen versus new exclusive GP content creation.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A lot of these acquisitions will turn into new small independent studios. A small team will jump ship and create their own studio leaving the original studio left to pick up the pieces.

It's going to be interesting to see how many money grab projects happen versus new exclusive GP content creation.
Yeah, anyone that think it’s just gonna be 24 studios each making their own games are kidding themselves. Even if this wasn’t a huge microsoft acquisition people still naturally leave companies after things like this happen, even regular ol non gaming companies. A lot of studios didn’t even know they were being acquired, Arkane for example had no idea along with most of bethesda.

Deathloop developers Arkane say the Xbox acquisition was “unexpected” | GamesRadar+

In an interview with Press Start, Deathloop’s Game Director, Dinga Bakaba said “It was pretty surprising, I would say. It was unexpected, to an extent… [but] after the surprise, it made a lot of sense.” While Arkane was owned by Bethesda, it’s not surprising that they weren’t privy to all the dealings and goings on around the Microsoft acquisition of Bethesda. It seems that most Bethesda employees only found out about the acquisition when it was publicly announced.

then you have the drop off….

Codemasters bosses exit developer following EA buyout

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Yeah, anyone that think it’s just gonna be 24 studios each making their own games are kidding themselves. Even if this wasn’t a huge microsoft acquisition people still naturally leave companies after things like this happen, even regular ol non gaming companies. A lot of studios didn’t even know they were being acquired, Arkane for example had no idea along with most of bethesda.

Deathloop developers Arkane say the Xbox acquisition was “unexpected” | GamesRadar+

then you have the drop off….

Codemasters bosses exit developer following EA buyout

Codemasters is owned by EA now? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

:dahell:
Obsidian; Playground, and inXile were all bought 2-3 years ago and they're all currently working on AAA games(Obsidian w/ Avowed, Playground w/ Fable, and inXile likely w/ Fallout).

Make dumb shyt up to Stan brehs :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nothings run into the ground. Every Microsoft franchise is enjoying the most success they’ve ever had right now.

You nikkas just be making up stories :mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Nothings run into the ground. Every Microsoft franchise is enjoying the most success they’ve ever had right now.

You nikkas just be making up stories :mjlol:

Im talking about the past…they ran:

PGR
Shadowrun
MechAssault
Perfect Dark
Halo (on life support)

…and more into the ground over the years. They had a bunch of great studios but kept mismanaging them and closing them. I hope the fate of the recent acquisitions isn’t the same as: Lionhead, Ensemble, Fasa, Bungie, Bizarre, etc.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Im talking about the past…they ran:

PGR
Shadowrun
MechAssault
Perfect Dark
Halo (on life support)

…and more into the ground over the years. They had a bunch of great studios but kept mismanaging them and closing them. I hope the fate of the recent acquisitions isn’t the same as: Lionhead, Ensemble, Fasa, Bungie, Bizarre, etc.

That was a different Xbox. The new Xbox is headed by Phil and has the full backing of MS.

Xbox's studios have the control to do what they want. Old Xbox would've forced 343 to drop Halo last year, old Xbox wouldn't let Playground split into two teams so they can make Fable, old Xbox wouldn't let an unproven Compulsion currently work on an AAA game.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
That was a different Xbox. The new Xbox is headed by Phil and has the full backing of MS.

Xbox's studios have the control to do what they want. Old Xbox would've forced 343 to drop Halo last year, old Xbox wouldn't let Playground split into two teams so they can make Fable, old Xbox wouldn't let an unproven Compulsion currently work on an AAA game.

All that is just words on a page, I need to see them nurture these developers, stand by them, and have them pumping out heat continuously. If you know someone who constantly messes up their relationships when it gets rough you don’t see them get a new girl and say “this is different”…you have to see the difference by him managing it better and sticking through the hard times.

Microsoft has a terrible track record and I as a gamer would hate to see more great IPs bought up to have a similar fate to PGR or Shadowrun. You can say whatever you want but the fact is, Microsoft is unproven.

Under Phil, Halo, their star gaming franchise turned into a worldwide meme because it looked so shytty. Under Phil, they fragmented the current console generation to come in at a lower price point but most gamers are opting for the X. Under Phil, they gave their née generation the most inane naming scheme: Series S and X…which one is the better one? Now people call them XBOX Series consoles…that’s such an ugly name.

They ran Robbie Bach and J. Allard out the building and XBOX been flabby and sick since. They ain’t been right since 360.