Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Im talking about the past…they ran:

PGR
Shadowrun
MechAssault
Perfect Dark
none of these were ever as successful as their current lineup of games.

Halo (on life support)
:duck:

…and more into the ground over the years.
like what?

They had a bunch of great studios but kept mismanaging them and closing them.
More lies. They have not closed any studios other than that “tv/media” stuff they tried but never got off the ground. And lionhead.

I hope the fate of the recent acquisitions isn’t the same as: Lionhead, Ensemble, Fasa, Bungie, Bizarre, etc.
Microsoft never owned Bizarre.

Ensamble closed cause they got too big and strategy games fell out of favor especially on consoles

And the Age of Empires franchise is set up for a very successful return. Nice to see you are excited about the new entry :ehh:………:mjlol:

Fasa wasn’t even really a dev studio. They just owned the licenses and outsourced development. When Microsoft bought them, the owners cashed out.

It’s clear you have no idea what you are talking about and just wanted say some Sony stan shyt :ufdup:

Ironically In that same amount of time Sony has closed more studios and left behind plenty of games and franchises, but don’t see you guys talking about that.

I wonder why:mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
none of these were ever as successful as their current lineup of games.

:duck:

like what?

More lies. They have not closed any studios other than that “tv/media” stuff they tried but never got off the ground. And lionhead.

Microsoft never owned Bizarre.

Ensamble closed cause they got too big and strategy games fell out of favor especially on consoles

And the Age of Empires franchise is set up for a very successful return. Nice to see you are excited about the new entry :ehh:………:mjlol:

Fasa wasn’t even really a dev studio. They just owned the licenses and outsourced development. When Microsoft bought them, the owners cashed out.

It’s clear you have no idea what you are talking about and just wanted say some Sony stan shyt :ufdup:

Ironically In that same amount of time Sony has closed more studios and left behind plenty of games and franchises, but don’t see you guys talking about that.

I wonder why:mjlol:

You can make all that nonsense up and try to minimize all that happened but it’s the reason why XBOX basically been Gears and Halo for exclusives for awhile now.

PS4 was my first Sony console since PSX and it was because Mattrick was doing all that DRM shyt with the One. I got a One after they fired Mattrick’s dumbass and reversed all the George Orwell policy mattrick pushed.

The One was so devoid of exclusives and had so many FPS…ontop of a stupid ass UI that emphasized everything but the damn games! I want Microsoft to have a diverse first party stable like Sony does…I want them to bring back Mechwarrior, make a good Fable, bring PGR back, make an actual RPG Shadowrun…they should have made cyberpunk waaay before CD Projekt Red.

I just want them to do better that’s all…they’ve been underperforming since the red ring of death.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
You just making shyt up. You don’t know or care about either of these franchises.

mans neither of their fates have anything to do with Microsoft’s management.

Sony stans :mjlol:

The owner of Bizarre said specifically that they were never going to make another game for Microsoft after the last PGR because Microsoft kept meddling in development…changing scope, changing timelines but not increasing the budget. They cut a couple months of development time from them and that was the final straw.

Microsoft also took a great IP in Shadowrun and turned into an arena shooter which made ZERO since. To try to say none of these had anything to do with Microsoft management makes no sense.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You can make all that nonsense up and try to minimize all that happened but it’s the reason why XBOX basically been Gears and Halo for exclusives for awhile now.
Nothing I said was made up. It’s clear you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :francis:

Microsoft has never owned lots of studios until now. Most of there stuff was always publishing agreements with third parties. Those types of agreements have fallen out of favor as of late so Microsoft just didn’t have the manpower to pursue their old franchises.

PS4 was my first Sony console since PSX and it was because Mattrick was doing all that DRM shyt with the One. I got a One after they fired Mattrick’s dumbass and reversed all the George Orwell policy mattrick pushed.
So what??:dahell:

The One was so devoid of exclusives and had so many FPS…ontop of a stupid ass UI that emphasized everything but the damn games! I want Microsoft to have a diverse first party stable like Sony does…I want them to bring back Mechwarrior, make a good Fable, bring PGR back, make an actual RPG Shadowrun…they should have made cyberpunk waaay before CD Projekt Red.
They don’t own Shadowrun. They gave it to the creators of the franchise. They never owned or had any control over PGR and they have since made the best and most successful arcade racer on the market.

Right now Microsoft stable of games is the largest and most diverse it’s ever been and is continuing to grow. If this is a thing you actually wanted then at the very least you should be optimistic in the future instead of writing up misguided ass Sony stan paragraphs:mjlol:

I just want them to do better that’s all…they’ve been underperforming since the red ring of death.
Again it’s clear you have terrible misunderstanding of reality.

Microsoft studios is the largest and most successful it’s ever been at this point and still growing. Thats the truth in the face of your made up story :manny:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The owner of Bizarre said specifically that they were never going to make another game for Microsoft after the last PGR because Microsoft kept meddling in development…changing scope, changing timelines but not increasing the budget. They cut a couple months of development time from them and that was the final straw.
No the hell he didn’t. They were purchased by activision and started making other games under their direction.
Microsoft also took a great IP in Shadowrun and turned into an arena shooter which made ZERO since. To try to say none of these had anything to do with Microsoft management makes no sense.
The shadowrun franchise was ALWAYS controlled by their owners. The one game released under Microsoft was already planned and in development long before Microsoft had anything to do with it. After they left the franchise was then given to its owners, who are still making games now.

The fate of shadowrun has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft’s decisions.

You are the one making stuff up here. Stop it:smh:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Nothing I said was made up. It’s clear you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about :francis:

Microsoft has never owned lots of studios until now. Most of there stuff was always publishing agreements with third parties. Those types of agreements have fallen out of favor as of late so Microsoft just didn’t have the manpower to pursue their old franchises.

So what??:dahell:

They don’t own Shadowrun. They gave it to the creators of the franchise. They never owned or had any control over PGR and they have since made the best and most successful arcade racer on the market.

Right now Microsoft stable of games is the largest and most diverse it’s ever been and is continuing to grow. If this is a thing you actually wanted then at the very least you should be optimistic in the future instead of writing up misguided ass Sony stan paragraphs:mjlol:

Again it’s clear you have terrible misunderstanding of reality.

Microsoft studios is the largest and most successful it’s ever been at this point and still growing. Thats the truth in the face of your made up story :manny:

Yeah you’re outright lying and speaking mid truths…I’m not gonna go back and forth with you. This my last post to you.

Microsoft did own the electronic Shadowrun rights, it acquired it when it bought FASA in 1999. What did it do with it, turned it into an FPS that sucked.

Microsoft also owned the PGR IP even though it didn’t own the Bizarre so once again you’re being disingenuous. They could have continued the IP with a different developer like it had to do with both Bungie and Epic for Gears and Halo because both were getting tired of working with dumb ass Microsoft.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah you’re outright lying and speaking mid truths…I’m not gonna go back and forth with you. This my last post to you.

Microsoft did own the electronic Shadowrun rights, it acquired it when it bought FASA in 1999. What did it do with it, turned it into an FPS that sucked.
That game was in development when Microsoft bought them.

Microsoft now does not own the franchise. There are still shadowrun games being made today.

Microsoft also owned the PGR IP even though it didn’t own the Bizarre so once again you’re being disingenuous. They could have continued the IP with a different developer like it had to do with both Bungie and Epic for Gears and Halo because both were getting tired of working with dumb ass Microsoft.
They already had a racing franchise and the creators of this series moved on. Would make no sense for them to kill their other racing franchise to try to pursue this one. Or look for some random devs to keep the series going.

Instead they expanded their existing franchise to be the most successful racing franchise on the market, cultivated a whole new team of talent to further that franchise and now that team has been so successful that they get to bring back Fable, a franchise you claim to be a fan of.

Seems that’s what you said you wanted them to do right?….no??

As far as the bolded Epic don’t even make games anymore and Halo still better and more popular than destiny.

Still making shyt up I see :mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
No the hell he didn’t. They were purchased by activision and started making other games under their direction.:smh:

From Bizarre’s owner:

“I'm not going to slag [Microsoft] off in an evil way, but obviously we worked on PGR4 for them, and I think that PGR4 was the strongest Gotham game we did – the most fully rounded. But towards the end of that project they wanted us to bring it in early, to chop six weeks off development. But the way we work is really right up to the wire, so basically the game is nowhere near finished at six weeks to go, so we had to dig our heels in and say that our contract said that we're to bring the game in on this day, and that's what we were going to do because we cannot compromise the work that the lads have been doing, and the quality of the game.

They didn't realise how bad a situation it would have been – we needed that extra six weeks, and it got us concerned with the future with Microsoft… We were getting disillusioned with Microsoft and they were getting corporate and cocky as well because of the shift in power between them and Sony.

Engadget is now a part of Verizon Media

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony nor Microsoft had good track records with 1st party games really until last generation for Sony in particular.

Infact Microsoft had stronger 1st party hits than Sony around the ps3 era pound for pound.

Sonys strength lay in the fact that they had 3rd party exclusives.

But Sony has killed or left dormant 1st party games just as well as Microsoft.

It just so happens two of the studios purchased last generation or slightly before from Sony by the end of last generation delivered, and put Sony of the top exclusive wise and even now.

MS as a 1st party studio really doesn't have much to rely on. Gears, halo, and Forza. Which is fine, when you have other exclusives to give people in the meantime, but when you don't people start hate on the high quality games simply because that's all they get.

So MS either buys devs or pays big bucks to have games try and be exclusive on Xbox, which in the long run makes no sense for them.

Even though you can tell Phil doesn't care about exclusivity he understands that that's what people want and Xbox ain't gonna make it without more of that.

And in response you see Sony locking up games with timed exclusivity or just making sure games don't get to Xbox. Which is there best bet long run until they can get a game plan long goal.

MS needs as many studio's as possible under there umbrella going forward. By the end of 2022 into 2023 thats when things get interesting

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
From Bizarre’s owner:

“I'm not going to slag [Microsoft] off in an evil way, but obviously we worked on PGR4 for them, and I think that PGR4 was the strongest Gotham game we did – the most fully rounded. But towards the end of that project they wanted us to bring it in early, to chop six weeks off development. But the way we work is really right up to the wire, so basically the game is nowhere near finished at six weeks to go, so we had to dig our heels in and say that our contract said that we're to bring the game in on this day, and that's what we were going to do because we cannot compromise the work that the lads have been doing, and the quality of the game.

They didn't realise how bad a situation it would have been – we needed that extra six weeks, and it got us concerned with the future with Microsoft… We were getting disillusioned with Microsoft and they were getting corporate and cocky as well because of the shift in power between them and Sony.

Engadget is now a part of Verizon Media
So they were jealous of Forza so they signed with activision.

They are now closed and Forza is the number one racing franchise on the planet.

And you somehow think Microsoft are the ones that mismanaged that decision????

:mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And look at this shyt you said @Deuterion

“Microsoft kept meddling in development…changing scope, changing timelines but not increasing the budget. They cut a couple months of development time from them and that was the final straw.”

Then read the actual quotes you posted.

Make stuff up brehs :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Xboxera is fuming cause they thought they were getting fukking NetherRealm :russ:

y’all should just stan the games you already got instead of stanning imaginary acquisitions

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
:dahell:
Obsidian; Playground, and inXile were all bought 2-3 years ago and they're all currently working on AAA games(Obsidian w/ Avowed, Playground w/ Fable, and inXile likely w/ Fallout).

Make dumb shyt up to Stan brehs :mjlol:
What does this random unnecessary fact have to do with what I said? Or better yet, how does it invalidate what I said?

Developers often leave big studios to form their own smaller studios frequently in the industry - why are you StruggleBox n*ggas so sensitive? Even y'all are smart enough to know that some of these studios are going to have to put out some content thats primary focus is to recoup acquisition costs, you don't truly believe every studio acquired will be working on a "AAA" title do you? :lolbron: