For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

africngiant

All Star
Daps
My dude....my wife's 85 year old dad was a HS drop out, become bus driver who was able to buy a brownstone on that salary and take care of his family. Those days were over by the time I was in my 20s.

My father got accepted to an HBCU coming from Nigeria back in 68, got a manufacturing job in less than a month and had his first car in 6 months of being here.

Those days were long gone since the late 70s.
heeyyyy naija ghel how fah?
:mjgrin:

africngiant

All Star
Daps
My dude....my wife's 85 year old dad was a HS drop out, become bus driver who was able to buy a brownstone on that salary and take care of his family. Those days were over by the time I was in my 20s.

My father got accepted to an HBCU coming from Nigeria back in 68, got a manufacturing job in less than a month and had his first car in 6 months of being here.

Those days were long gone since the late 70s.
girls cant be rewarding the behavior of bad men tho then playing w respectful men’s feelings. at least join incomes with the legitimate nikka who’s trying. help ur own, and the good man’s financial/mental health. in a society that doesnt respect them

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
girls cant be rewarding the behavior of bad men tho then playing w respectful men’s feelings. at least join incomes with the legitimate nikka who’s trying. help ur own, and the good man’s financial/mental health. in a society that doesnt respect them
I'm not about to get into that when it's men who validate what real men are. Until WE decide we aren't going to let "acting hood" be the definition of real black manhood as men, we should never complain that women follow OUR lead.

They can say what they want, but women follow behind what WE validate as real manhood. It's still on us.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
I'm not about to get into that when it's men who validate what real men are. Until WE decide we aren't going to let "acting hood" be the definition of real black manhood as men, we should never complain that women follow OUR lead.

They can say what they want, but women follow behind what WE validate as real manhood. It's still on us.
oh shyt ur a guy😭 my bad. but men usually value a woman’s approval more bc sex sells. that’s why tate and all them nikkas always get so popular. guys wanna attract women not nikkas really.

if regular working men were rewarded more by women then we would be having less of these destructive issues. the female approval is more influential than the male approval to a man but yea both have a general impact in how we behave. i just think the woman’s is more powerful. it seems more plausible if women just changed their value systems of men in order to change how we value ourselves in society. the feedback to positive male images and suit events is negative by women moreso than men and called corny

idk its like we’re saying the same shyt but not really

Last edited:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
This honestly makes that because the internet pretty damn creepy in retrospect
Tbh the internet jjust allowed people to express their real feelings behind anonymity. Saying that "its just the internet" was putting your head in the sand. For example, The signs regarding CACs wanting to take down Roe V Wade were all there; especially around 2015 when you started to see that MRA (mens rughts activists) and redpill content going viral on youtube.

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
,z
not all b its hard 2 change the collective narrative when females wont respect men for being who they r without being thugs and hypermasculine

men like 2 overvalidate negative traits amongst our male friend groups 2 though. we gotta change how we treat and reward others in society & our community based on our behavior. we alienate ppl with good intentions and turn them bad/depressed bc being polite is “soft”
This is the image that the collective of black men created for themselves...why complain now, when black women were just following yalls lead??

Boxchevy

Pro
Bushed
Daps
oh shyt ur a guy😭 my bad. but men usually value a woman’s approval more bc sex sells. that’s why tate and all them nikkas always get so popular. guys wanna attract women not nikkas really.

if regular working men were rewarded more by women then we would be having less of these destructive issues. the female approval is more influential than the male approval to a man but yea both have a general impact in how we behave. i just think the woman’s is more powerful. it seems more plausible if women just changed their value systems of men in order to change how we value ourselves in society. the feedback to positive male images and suit events is negative by women moreso than men and called corny

idk its like we’re saying the same shyt but not really
This is false, and also a lazy cop out...men establish a code and ethics amongst men...when a group of men worship pu$$y over power...what you see currently are the results...you are admitting, you want pu$$y to lead you..that strategy does not work in a world patriarchy filled with competitive men...

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
Because the single most important factor in childhood development isn't actually a two parent home. It's if they eat breakfast everyday from birth-12 years old and if they have stable home lives (which isn't solely dependent on two parents but it helps.)

OP's point is really interesting because kids being in constant flux is a recipe for disaster.
It does more than help. It's a default ingredient. A stable home includes a father figure.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I think this isn't something new.

In the last 10 years, I know more black men that "Died in their sleep" than any other race.

Low key think it means suicide, I think our rates have been under reported for the longest. As a community were just starting to take mental health seriously in the 2020s.

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
I think this isn't something new.

In the last 10 years, I know more black men that "Died in their sleep" than any other race.

Low key think it means suicide, I think our rates have been under reported for the longest. As a community were just starting to take mental health seriously in the 2020s.
Die in their sleep is another issue affecting black men; we getting too flabby:francis:

Obesity, blood pressure, diabete, etc. :francis: