For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
What black institutions? And what makes you think black baby boomers weren’t the ones who gave it up? And left us with crumbs? Baby boomers all over the world have the same trait… Weather in America, Nigeria, and everywhere. Selfishness
Some baby boomers are to blame, but I'm saying that black gen X are why people like Cynthia G even became a thing. She's a gen Xer. A lot of those gender war stuff also got apmplified by gen X. Im not blaming yall for the state of the community if thats what you think im doing. Im very much aware that yall got hit the hardest with mass incarceration.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
I think black men have a crazy standard to live up to these days with all the pressures of social media and pop culture

Life is still tough but now EVERYONE is expected to be somebody. A rapper, actor, influencer, dancer, athlete, creator, etc.... if not that you better have a good education at least

Most will fail. And don’t wanna settle for working a 9-5

Back in the day (90s/early 2000s) we had lower standards, less pressure and more fun. :manny:
they(:mjgrin:) dont hold it down like they used 2 in our grandparents generation due to social media attention. further aiding to the lonliness & stress of black males

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
This is so sad. I honestly believe social media is a huge factor, but of course we have things we need to tackle as a community.

It takes A LOT to raise well adjusted kids and we are clearly failing these children

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Some baby boomers are to blame, but I'm saying that black gen X are why people like Cynthia G even became a thing. She's a gen Xer. A lot of those gender war stuff also got apmplified by gen X. Im not blaming yall for the state of the community if thats what you think im doing. Im very much aware that yall got hit the hardest with mass incarceration.
I don't care about one offs. I look at the collective. I blame us for the "fukk a bytch" shyt that came from our hip hop which killed love music. We aren't saints at all, but we made less than our parents. We didn't have shyt to give and were left crumbs.

Baby Boomers, black and white all over the globe, were all selfish as fukk. Gen X paid the biggest price. Nothing worse than that "rocket love" shyt stevie talked about. Took us riding in a rocket all the way up and dropped us right back down to this cold world.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
they(:mjgrin:) dont hold it down like they used 2 in our grandparents generation due to social media attention. further aiding to the lonliness & stress of black males
:sas2:You gon throw all the blame on your female counterparts, huh

There are a myriad of factors (including the music and images/ideas perpetuated by the men making it:ufdup:) and we definitely need to sort it out ASAP so we aren’t losing our kids

africngiant

All Star
Daps
:sas2:You gon throw all the blame on your female counterparts, huh

There are a myriad of factors (including the music and images/ideas perpetuated by the men making it:ufdup:) and we definitely need to sort it out ASAP so we aren’t losing our kids
not all b its hard 2 change the collective narrative when females wont respect men for being who they r without being thugs and hypermasculine

men like 2 overvalidate negative traits amongst our male friend groups 2 though. we gotta change how we treat and reward others in society & our community based on our behavior. we alienate ppl with good intentions and turn them bad/depressed bc being polite is “soft”

Last edited:

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
social media stressing black ppl out and making them feel like they’re falling behind
IDK if we are falling behind further, but we are behind by design

Rules and the game aren't the same for us.

Also I'm gonna get called corny or old fashioned but I really think the household needs to be secured before black children are brought into them. Marriage. Stack as many statistically positive attributes as you can for those black boys because there are less societal safety nets for them if one or two or six things go wrong

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
this trend started the same time a certain orange colored felon started running the country. he was attacking our healthcare system and coverage because of jealous racist hatred. rip to our young brehs and brehettes. strength to those still in the struggle.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
My dude....my wife's 85 year old dad was a HS drop out, became bus driver who was able to buy a brownstone on that salary and take care of his family. Those days were over by the time I was in my 20s.

My father got accepted to an HBCU coming from Nigeria back in 68, got a manufacturing job in less than a month and had his first car in 6 months of being here.

Those days were long gone since the late 70s.

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
not all b its hard 2 change the collective narrative when females wont respect men for being who they r without being thugs and hypermasculine

men like 2 overvalidate negative traits amongst our male friend groups 2 though. we gotta change how we treat and reward others in society & our community based on our behavior. we alienate ppl with good intentions and turn them bad/depressed

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I think black men have a crazy standard to live up to these days with all the pressures of social media and pop culture

Life is still tough but now EVERYONE is expected to be somebody. A rapper, actor, influencer, dancer, athlete, creator, etc.... if not that you better have a good education at least

Most will fail. And don’t wanna settle for working a 9-5

Back in the day (90s/early 2000s) we had lower standards, less pressure and more fun. :manny:

They want black men to be making over 300k per year and be tall like LeBron and be extroverted entertainers like Chris Brown.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bingo.

To add, we have always known we were hated but it was still sort of theoretical in that we didn’t have access to information and different spaces. Now we are able to travel, be in more “diverse” spaces, and communicate with people all over the world and it has become overwhelming how much the world hates us. It’s one thing to think you’re up against the world, it’s another thing to have direct access to that knowledge every single day. Easy to lose hope when you feel like no matter what you do there isn’t a place for you here.
Spot on. Im an 80s baby and we knew about the hate for us because my grandparents who came from the south told us about that when we needed to here it. About cops, grown white people treating us black kids like grown a$$ criminals but like you said that wasnt widely known unless you went to visit an all white school during a rival football or basketball game but we all came together like the avengers for the smoke.

Now all these sub groups our youth want to be accepted by no matter the label has a racist undertone but they dont see it until they are fully immersed and cant back out. Thats where ya dojo cats and zaza beets etc fall in and get hate from that group and by the majority black. We need better support and community to accept all but there has to be an established code and conduct