For the first time, black teenage suicide rates overtake white teenage suicide rates

Braman

Superstar
Daps
….
Reading these comments you can see how successful the conditioning is. All those feminist/lgbt bred narratives: ‘Black men dont cry enough…black men don’t share their feelings ….black men need therapy ’. They got men questioning what they even are. If you strip away your virility and confidence of course you’ll be ‘depressed’ . Bc now you’re malleable

Why do you think so many women are nutcases and generally are the ones who worry and have self esteem issues ? Bc they’re easily malleable. Men are now becoming easily malleable. Therapy is more accepted than ever yet ‘mental health’ and black male suicide rates are higher than ever. We’re being pushed to be a way that we naturally aren’t

Kids in elementary school being taught about mental health :why: and even put in therapy for small shyt…youth suicide thru the roof

You start validating everyone’s inner fears its a very tangled web.

timeless

All Star
Daps
That's really sad. I'm not sure if there's a one size fits all solution because despite being a group, these kids are all unique individuals with their own issues. I hate putting a blanket on everyone if only a few are cold, ya know? For some it has to do with family, for others it could be drugs, income, pressure from school. The best thing adults could do is to start living like you're responsible for the next generation and be wise in words and actions.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
THIISSS. This is overlooked so much yet its essential. It's why conservative christians hate free breakfast programs and food stamps, despite their commitment to "feeding the poor". Kids who dont get enough nutrients before puberty will:
1) Have development issues
2) more likely to have health problems
3) More likely to be short
4) lower cognitive abilities etc.

The biggest issue is the developmental issues early on. Lack of nutrition leads to not just health issues but also an inability to retain information. And we know between the ages of 3-6 is when kids learn how to read basically. If they can't focus then, then they won't have the fundamentals to learn literally ANYTHING else.

Couple that with a world that demonizes black men for being anything besides Tupac in a Business Suit and well...here we are.
But that's not to say there's not other factors. We've refused to reckon with the lack of emotional development in Black Boys in general. And I'm not just talking about being "hard" I'm talking about being able to say "that pissed me off" without leaning on pistol play for conflict resolution.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The biggest issue is the developmental issues early on. Lack of nutrition leads to not just health issues but also an inability to retain information. And we know between the ages of 3-6 is when kids learn how to read basically. If they can't focus then, then they won't have the fundamentals to learn literally ANYTHING else.

Couple that with a world that demonizes black men for being anything besides Tupac in a Business Suit and well...here we are.

Too many black folks base black masculinity on street life. Being "soft" is just being level headed and well behaved at the eyes of many :why:

yung Herbie Hancock

Funkadelic Parliament
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
When I first read your statement, I thought it was bird babble. After thinking about it, I think you make a real interesting point. If young men cannot afford housing it will definitely impact their purpose in life which can put them in interesting positions.
It's not bird babble. Almost all of the negtive outcomes regarding homeless black men/boys go back to the inflation that started around 2015. Basically, once the rich got a lot of tax cuts and free money (via low intrest rates), they want on a buying spree. Wether its buying property or other assets, that sent prices through the roof. Majority of black men/boys didnt have the means to invest in order to keep up with that inflation.

I was in Hayward last weekend (a city near Okaland). You can see the effects of gentrification because:
1) Almost all of the homeless here are black men while you're also seeing former black areas being replaced by latino liquor stores and burrito spots
2) One thing I especially noticed was all of the black boys who were just wandering around town. I was on the train and I deadass saw a black boy who was smoking outside (that area that conntects the parts of the trains together where you can technically fall off) and holding his head in agony. That shyt really fukked me up.
3) You see way more employed black women than black men. It's not even close. Only employed black men I saw were those working for public trasnportation, the airport, or security.
>All of this coincides with the CACs intentionally driving businesses out of Oakland in order to create an artificial crime wave, in order to go "see, we needed more cops anyways".

Daps
This is gonna sound ignorant and uninformed but..

Black kids ain't black no more, our cultural identity is being diluted by the internet and lack of tradition being passed down.

In essence, our black kids in general are more like white kids than ever before and have been adopting their issues as well. CSC, drug use, suicide, etc..

Remember when you used to be able to hear that something happened and you immediately knew the race of the person before you saw a picture? I've been wrong a lot more lately when trying to do that.
i will add to this and say that too many black children aren’t being raised with an understanding that this world is specifically designed to antagonize them and limit their mobility.

just as television broadcasts a world that doesn’t exist, one stripped of the sociocultural reality of blackness in our society, social media is engineered to instill a false consciousness in the minds of black people.

so, when those children enter the real world, it can be unsettling to the point of causing some measure of psychosis.

star-trek-mind-blown-1.gif

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think black men have a crazy standard to live up to these days with all the pressures of social media and pop culture

Life is still tough but now EVERYONE is expected to be somebody. A rapper, actor, influencer, dancer, athlete, creator, etc.... if not that you better have a good education at least

Most will fail. And don’t wanna settle for working a 9-5

Back in the day (90s/early 2000s) we had lower standards, less pressure and more fun. :manny:

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
200+ years of programming and society telling you that you ain't shyt, is how this happens

i will add to this and say that too many black children aren’t being raised with an understanding that this world is specifically designed to antagonize them and limit their mobility.

just as television broadcasts a world that doesn’t exist, one stripped of the sociocultural reality of blackness in our society, social media is engineered to instill a false consciousness in the minds of black people.

so, when those children enter the real world, it can be unsettling to the point of causing some measure of psychosis.

star-trek-mind-blown-1.gif
Bingo.

To add, we have always known we were hated but it was still sort of theoretical in that we didn’t have access to information and different spaces. Now we are able to travel, be in more “diverse” spaces, and communicate with people all over the world and it has become overwhelming how much the world hates us. It’s one thing to think you’re up against the world, it’s another thing to have direct access to that knowledge every single day. Easy to lose hope when you feel like no matter what you do there isn’t a place for you here.